The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm)

+8
Sand
Lairdy
Conehead
SmithersJones
kwinigolfer
dynamark
super_realist
barragan
12 posters

Go down

which 4 would you pick?

US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap13%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap23%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 18 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap13%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap4%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap19%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap21%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 17 ]
US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_lcap9%US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 80

US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Empty US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm)

Post by barragan Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Choices, choices for DL3... here are the main contenders, which 4 would you pick?

Last edited by barragan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Empty Re: US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm)

Post by barragan Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:00 pm

stricker, snedeker and johnson would be first three on my list... toss up between mahan and furyk for 4th spot, though i expect with the advertisment revenues to be made from fowler he will get one of the 4 places.

barragan

Back to top Go down

US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm) Empty Re: US team wildcards - who would you pick? (Decision coming this afternoon at 3.15pm)

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm

If I was DLIII I wouldn't allow Fowler in until he decided to stop looking like a complete pen1s.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 pm

If I was Davis Love 111 I would change my name.
My daughter has a boy in her dance class called Harry Fullylove.What chance has he got.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Bubba Watson calls Davis to tell him he's giving Medinah a miss to go home, play with his son's toys, which means DLIII has to pick five:
Mahan
Stricker
Furyk
Snedeker
and DJ instead of Bubba.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Where did that come from Kwini?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:39 pm

For me

DJ
Sneds
Stricker
Mahan

Fuyrk being the unlucky number 5 pick.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I wouldnt go with Furyk. Too many mistakes when big pressure was on this year. Wouldnt be surprised if he picked him though.

Snedeker has been the big surprise in the lead up to these picks. Love would be daft to leave him out now. Such a great putter.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

If DL 3 goes on current form then Mahan would be a goner but I just can't see him leaving out somebody who has one twice this year especially when yesterday he commentated that he will be taking the whole year into account.

Almost an acknowledgement that Mahan has made the team based on his early form.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

If the WGC Matchplay wasnt one of Mahan's victories this year then the decision might be easier.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:49 pm

I've just seen how far down the list Watney is even after his win - 26th. No way should he make the team on the basis of form, given that he didn't follow up particularly well this week. I still think Mr Cowskin ought to be considered. If you know who I mean, I feel sorry for you having a similar working mind to mine.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm

SmithersJones wrote:I've just seen how far down the list Watney is even after his win - 26th. No way should he make the team on the basis of form, given that he didn't follow up particularly well this week. I still think Mr Cowskin ought to be considered. If you know who I mean, I feel sorry for you having a similar working mind to mine.

Watney's win didnt count on the list, the list was finished at the USPGA championship.

Id go Stricker, Johnson, Mahan and Sneds..

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm

But Watney still wouldn't be in the top 14 even if his Bethpage win counted:
Snedeker, Stricker, Mahan, Johnson, Furyk, Fowler . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Mahan because he won the matchplay earlier this year, and he will be desperate to atone for his duffed chip 2 years ago... I would expect him to care about it more than many of the others

Sneds because he always seems to be there or there abouts, and his putting would be great to have in a 4 ball / 4 some.

Furyk because he is usually solid and dependable.

Fowler because he brings youth and enthusiasm, and would help the team spirit. He did well on debut and seemed to lift the team.

Next on the list for me would be DJ... he misses out only because he has been absent recently and could be a bit rusty.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Sneds, Johnson, Furyk and Stricker it is then.....

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Glad that tw@t Fowler isn't picked. Bell end.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Must be tough to leave Mahan out, but Furyk's experience is hard to beat.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Crap Ryder Cup record though.

Interesting fact. Not a single player in the 2012 US team has a winning record for their appearances in the Ryder Cup. That is to say no player has won more than they have lost, and many are considerably worse than even Ryder Cup deadbeat Padraig Harrington's record.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Super, I just saw that but then again given how many of the matches they have lost there will not be many that could have a positive record.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Furyk has a great deal of experience in how to lose Ryder Cups and most of his matches. Not sure how beneficial that will be.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Thats it then we've won.
Presssure on Mahan would have been enormous

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Furyk must feel fortunate to be on that Team.
Love kept rabitting on about hos 5-0-0 record in last year's Pres Cup, but in three of those matches he was playing with Mickelson, the other with Watney.
Almost a dead cert that Phil will take his buddy Keegan under his wing in Chicago and Watney's not even being served so who will be selected to be Furyk's losing partner?

Interesting graphic that since 1989, the next person in order (which would have been Mahan in 9th this year) of qualifying has only been a Captain's pick once, Stricker in 2008.

A rogue's gallery among those who missed out by a whisker, Tim Simpson, Tolles, Estes, Rollins etc!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Not really any big shocks with those picks.

I did expect Mahan over Fuyrk considering DL's comments recently. I wonder how many times the current WGC Matchplay champion has missed out during a Ryder Cup year ? I would imagine Mahan is probably the 1st one to miss out after winning it and can deem himself unlucky although his recent record has been wretched.

Fowler would have appeared to be a lock after his win earlier but like Mahan has faded so badly when it's come round to the business end of the year he only has himself to blame.

Glad DJ got a pick, big fan of his game. Stricker was a lock and Sneds deserves his place with is current form.

Cannot wait for the competition to start. Looks to be quite even with the Americans slightly the favourites due to home advantage.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Almost disappointingly lacking in controversy in the end other than a T4 (DJ) in a play-off event is more prized than form earlier in the qualification period. Given that sneds was also selected based on play-off form is there a reason not to extend the qualification process to this week?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:24 pm

I was thinking the same myself today.

Imagine if Mahan/ Fowler or Watney end up winning either of the last 2 events?

Mahan could then be a 3 time winner without a pick which would certainly be controversial.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Full house... Anyone else?! Tempted to do an about turn for mahan instead of furyk though.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 pm

17 out of 20 people on here picked dustin , only 10 picked mahan ( and furyk for that matter) .

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down