The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chavez Jr Hype

+5
Valero's Conscience
bellchees
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Mr Bounce
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
9 posters

Go down

The Chavez Jr Hype Empty The Chavez Jr Hype

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:00 am

The closer this fight against Martinez gets, the more nonsense I read online about how good Chavez supposedly is.

I think its absolutely ludicrous that the odds are as close as they are, this fight is a complete mismatch.

When has Chavez even indicated in the slightest that he becomes in the same breath as Sergio Martinez, honestly!!

Lets think about it a little deeper, Chavez has yet to fight an ex-champion let alone a p4p star who is not only as stong as an ox, but can move his little finger more than every one of Chavez Jr's prior opponents can do around a ring.

Against Zbik it was a complete robbery, he was outlanded by something stupid like 100 punches in all. Not only that, the fella has no jab and relies on pinning these sub standard fighters against the ropes. Its his only game, take that away and we have a kid fighting under a one trick pony coach whos fighters get shown up by technical fighters.

I think Martinez wins the rounds EVEN when hes taking a breather, its going to be that easy.

Seriously, which fights are we lead to believe that have shown us thast Junior is an elite fighter?? Andy Lee? Rubio? Manfredo? Come on, plus he got shown up by Zbik and should have also have lost to Molina AND the mighty Oisin Fagan for that matter.

Just listening to the HBO Chavez Jr fan club is bad enough, Max Kellerman should know better, he has been round the game for long enough.

Anyhoo, rant over, for me Chavez gets a real severe dose of reality and gets a complete pasting. This fight isn't in the slightest going to be competitive.

Thanks and thoughts...

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Chavez Jr Hype Empty Re: The Chavez Jr Hype

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:07 am

Standard hype set-up for any sort of big fight. Despite the poor record, he's unbeaten and obviously his team and his promoter are bigging this up. Fanatical fans get on the gravy train and all looks rosy until the first bell rings.

Then all hell breaks loose and JCJ loses. And badly.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

The risk is that Martinez doesn't knock him out and gets robbed in a decision.

Jr is 26 and a far more milkable cash cow for years to come.

Martinez is 37 and can't have too many top fights left.

Boxing politics could spoil the show.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

Daylight robbery is the only way Chavez wins this. I think it'll be more of a situation where he takes a real battering for 12 rounds and next fight they try to sell him as an all heart Micky Ward type fighter. That might make him more endearing to boxing fans outside of Mexico.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:23 am

I think it will be sort of like a Diaz vs Marquez (first fight) but not as competitive. The young lion being tamed in dramatic fashion by the old war horse.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

I hope so Reborn!

Martinez is another level to JCC Jr but I have a uneasy feeling that if Martinez can't get the stoppage he'll get royally shafted by the judges.

If it goes the distance I see one judge scoring efficiently and the other 2 judging poorly (which is not a shock anymore) and giving JCC Jr a SD victory Sad

I think Martiniez knows he's at a serious risk of being shafted so will go for the KO but JCC has a decent chin and stamina and there is a risk Martinez losing some steam towards the end to enable JCC to hold on.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

I know what you mean Valero, the shaft is a big possibity.

But for me, its going to be a clear as a blue sky. Sort of like what Pavlik got at the end of their fight only its going to happen from round 3 onwards.

He is too easy to hit and Martinez is one of the most accurate in the sport. I see him moving in circles just pot shotting. With Chavez getting wreckless and caught even more as the fight wears on. I seriously can't see Chavez winning a round once Martinez figures him out and that won't take long.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

Chavez take zero working out. He is going to come forward and basically look to wear him down as Margcheato did.

Diff is how good Martinez is now compared to when he faced Cheato coupled with the fact Chavez is so easy to hit and one dimensional.

I think Sergio is going to paste Junior. Let's just see if he is left standing.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:13 pm

The danger only of Martinez losing, is if he doesn't knock out Chavez and the judges rob him blind. I have said it from day one, this is a total mismatch.

Chavez can't even throw a jab against a southpaw!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:43 pm

Sean, the only comparison to Marg is that they are both Mexican.

Back when Margarito fought Martinez, he through a hell of a lot of punches. I don't think Chavez can throw that many (espically accuratley).

Chavez can try to imitate that fight but he will be in for even more pain as Martinez learnt so much from it, it would be like a spar session.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:48 pm

Its not the hype that goes with chavez that makes this interesting imo (still feel Martinez should win fairly comfortably) it's the fact he struggled vs 2 average boxers in Macklin and Barker, 2 boxers who I would class in the same league as Lee

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:51 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Its not the hype that goes with chavez that makes this interesting imo (still feel Martinez should win fairly comfortably) it's the fact he struggled vs 2 average boxers in Macklin and Barker, 2 boxers who I would class in the same league as Lee

They had gameplans and both of them have attributes that Chavez doesn't - although I am not saying they beat Junior -

Macklin had an exellent gameplan. he sat back, countered and beffuzzled Martinez a bit early on.

Barker wouldn't really engage, and technically is pretty good.

Junior will walk forward, beat his chest like a Gorilla when he is tagged and eat punches in his stupid face all night looooooooooooong!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

IMO the styles that Barker and Macklin deployed are certainly not going to be the one that Junior will use on the night. I think Martinez was just taken back a bit, especially by Macklin because we all thought he would fight like he did against Sturm. But the 2 of them were still figured out and beaten quite impressively.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Its not the hype that goes with chavez that makes this interesting imo (still feel Martinez should win fairly comfortably) it's the fact he struggled vs 2 average boxers in Macklin and Barker, 2 boxers who I would class in the same league as Lee

They had gameplans and both of them have attributes that Chavez doesn't - although I am not saying they beat Junior -

Macklin had an exellent gameplan. he sat back, countered and beffuzzled Martinez a bit early on.

Barker wouldn't really engage, and technically is pretty good.

Junior will walk forward, beat his chest like a Gorilla when he is tagged and eat punches in his stupid face all night looooooooooooong!

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I get the slight impression that you are not a fan of Jnr. Apologies if I'm wrong.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down