The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it finally Christian's time?

+4
Dx Dan.
Jammy31
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
8 posters

Go down

Is it finally Christian's time? Empty Is it finally Christian's time?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:54 pm

With Edge retiring and him and Christian being best friends, I pose to you the question of whether Vince will finally give Christian his chance with one of the top belts.

We all know how much of a good performer and wrestler he is from his time in TNA, I don't watch it personally but have seen some of his stuff there and was impressed. He's been bought back to Smackdown in and around the main event and I think as soon as Edge announced his retirement, it was acknowledged that Christian would step up to be ADR's opponent.

But will he actually win?

Back to top Go down

Is it finally Christian's time? Empty Re: Is it finally Christian's time?

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:03 pm

I'd love to say yes but I think the WWE will just use Christians pop to get ADR even more heat, While I want to see him win the title I wouldn't mind him just being in the ME Scene, I think if he was in that then he would have a similar journey to the top like Jeff Hardy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:05 pm

I'd like to see him do it, but think if he was to win, it might be viewed as him winning it out of charity because of Edge...

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

My one thought on that it could indeed be Christian's night is that it's looking increasingly likely that the Miz will retain due to R Truth's being the fall guy in that match.
2 World Champs being heel at the same time in WWE? That doesn't often happen.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

It doesn't happen often but Vince was comfortable enough to run up to last WrestleMania with Jericho and Batista as World Champions I also think Miz and Kane where World Champions at the same time last year so while I tend to agree with you I dont think Vince would care in the short term and I cant see Miz being the champ for much longer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 16 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

Id love for Christian to be Champion. It's just a shame that Edge wasnt still on the scene. It was both their dreams. But, I think that they's make ADR win Christian's specialty match, then continue their feud and have Christian win it some where later down the line.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:17 pm

I would love to say yes, but I personally think Del Rio will win.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:20 pm

Hopefully,he certainly deserves to win.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:02 am

The world title belt shouldn't be used as a token gesture, so for that reason it really shouldn't go to Christian as they had no intention of putting it on him beforehand. Losing to Edge and Christian at back-to-back PPVs would also be a slap to the face and half-burial of Alberto Del Rio which he really doesn't deserve.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:26 am

I wouldn't want Christian to win the title at Extreme Rules at the expense of Alberto Del Rio, but I do want to see him built up as a credible main-eventer afterwards to prepare him for a run with the belt somewhere down the line.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:41 am

bernard black wrote:The world title belt shouldn't be used as a token gesture, so for that reason it really shouldn't go to Christian as they had no intention of putting it on him beforehand. Losing to Edge and Christian at back-to-back PPVs would also be a slap to the face and half-burial of Alberto Del Rio which he really doesn't deserve.

This. I think Edge only retained at Mania because of his previous win-loss record and I think Vince gave him one back this time. Del Rio may still lack a bit of experience in the WWE but they shouldn't delay him becoming champ too long otherwise he'll get buried. I like Del Rio and think he'll make an excellent heel champ - it will be interesting to see what sort of heel champ he'll be - the cowardly type who needs to cheat to retain or the vicious type. I think Del Rio could play both - with his playboy millionaire gimmick he could turn into the cowardly heel always trying to retain his 'precious' at any costs; but then again he has the technical ability to play a really manevolent heel as he has done before with Christian, injuring opponents unncessarily and putting them out of action.

As for Christian; he's a good wrestler but it's a little late in the day for him to become champ; Vince has always had his resservations about him and giving him a token title reign definitely would cheapen the title. Even though Edge won numerous cheap title reigns at least in his farewall speech he put over the title as being the most important thing to him.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down