The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians Screwy Finish

+7
talkingpoint
Kay Fabe
Mr H
JoshSansom
ADMIN
Samo
Shot 21 LCFC
11 posters

Go down

Christians Screwy Finish Empty Christians Screwy Finish

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

People are talking about the way Christian took the Word Heavyweight Championship off of Randy Orton and saying it is the most screwy way to have got the belt. But was it more screwy than when Dolph Ziggler took the title off Edge due him using the spear? Discuss.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Christians Screwy Finish Empty Re: Christians Screwy Finish

Post by Samo Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:24 am

It was a bit screwy but it fitted the storyline of the match. Christian using heel tactics and making Orton snap and get disqualified.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

I liked it personally, I don’t know how it sits within a PG audience, I’m sure it may not have gone down well with parents if spitting was copied in the school yards the following day (yet they’re okay with watching wrestling in the first place, go figure!)
It adds to Christina’s heel persona, one that will stoop to any dirty trick in the book in order to get or retain the title. I hope he sinks lower.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

I too thought that it was a creative way of doing it. I had assumed that they would have gone for the "Orton overcomes all the odds and the lawyer's stipulations" angle and then simply had Christian return to the mid card and set up Orton v Sheamus at Summerslam.

The fact that Christian won shows that a) they seem him as a legitimate main eventer (even in the short term) b) they feel that Christian v Orton can continue for some time to come c) Christian v Orton is big enough to headline Summerslam

As a Christian fan all of these things are positives for me and say a lot about how he has stepped up to the plate since being in this programme. They have both gotten the best out of each other and it has been very enjoyable. I think personally that when we look back on this in 4 / 5 years we will say that it was Christian who made Randy Orton as a true main eventer and potential #1 guy for the company.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

Agree I'm not Orton's biggest fan at all but he's come out of this feud a lot better than how he began it. If you compare how the fan reaction was in a very hostile place like Chicago when he was brutalising Christian to the reaction he received when he beat Christian 2 days after Christian's first win then I think he's showed he's won a few smark fans over.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

Its easily been the best i've seen Orton since the build up to the match against HHH at Mania25. The move to Smackdown has given him a new lease of life and he has become the biggest draw on the show since moving out of Cena's shadow. Christian has been the perfect foil for him and you can tell they have great chemistry together. I'm chuffed for Christian to finally get a run at the top, i read dirtsheets after he dropped the title after 5 days and they said Vince doesnt rate him as a main event guy and i feared he'd slip down the card so for him to stand here today as WHC is credit to him. Its all about timing i suppose, he was in the right place at the right time when Orton moved over and he was the best option for Orton to fued with. Its the little bit of luck Christian deserved and he's taken the ball and ran with it so fair play to him.

Fued of the year so far by a country mile.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

I think the ending was excellent and fit in perfectly with the storyline, Christian can't get the job done 1 on 1 man to man so devised a plan that would manipulate the situation and play to his strengths and Ortons weakness, the WWE are trying to paint Christian as a crafty heel, that simply wouldn't be possible if he won clean, it would garner him crowd respect and make Orton look weak, two things they're desperate not to do

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

Christian's win at MITB fitted both his character and was logical considering the stipulation and the controversy of the previous PPV. However Christian is now a X2 world champion in the space of 3 months! I hope that Christian keeps the title for a good few months otherwise if Orton just wins it back at SS it will be similar to Orton's feud with Cena in 09 where they traded the belt practically every PPV. When you think of how many times guys like Bret Hart, HBK even SCSA won it and then look at Cena, Orton and Edge, I really don't want Christian's name to be in the latter category.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

I'd like to see him hold the title for at least two PPV's, I've read rumours that they plan for an Orton/Cody w/DiBiase fued which means they could be planning to bring the Christian/Orton story to an end, I'd love to see Christian retain over Orton at SummerSlam even if Ted and Cody need to help him and set up the Orton program, Christian could then have a decent reign while Orton is busy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd like to see him hold the title for at least two PPV's, I've read rumours that they plan for an Orton/Cody w/DiBiase fued which means they could be planning to bring the Christian/Orton story to an end, I'd love to see Christian retain over Orton at SummerSlam even if Ted and Cody need to help him and set up the Orton program, Christian could then have a decent reign while Orton is busy

......vs Daniel Bryan?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

Smackdown Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

Mr H wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I'd like to see him hold the title for at least two PPV's, I've read rumours that they plan for an Orton/Cody w/DiBiase fued which means they could be planning to bring the Christian/Orton story to an end, I'd love to see Christian retain over Orton at SummerSlam even if Ted and Cody need to help him and set up the Orton program, Christian could then have a decent reign while Orton is busy

......vs Daniel Bryan?

Dont think they would promote Daniel Bryan that quickly if he is in line for what has been mentioned, i find a more realistic opponent being Sheamus, recently at a few places he has been getting cheers and i could see WWE testing the waters with him. I said recently i expect Wade Barrett Vs Sheamus to happen at Summerslam in a #1 contenders match

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

hodge wrote:
Mr H wrote:

......vs Daniel Bryan?

Dont think they would promote Daniel Bryan that quickly if he is in line for what has been mentioned, i find a more realistic opponent being Sheamus, recently at a few places he has been getting cheers and i could see WWE testing the waters with him. I said recently i expect Wade Barrett Vs Sheamus to happen at Summerslam in a #1 contenders match

I think they hinted at that too in the MITB match where they squared up, would be a cracking rivalry too as they've worked togeter for years so should have great ring chemistry.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

That would be a good idea, Sheamus and Barrett have good chemistry and it would also give them a nice program to get into and a PPV pay-off match with purpose

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

Is that the 1st time a title has changed hands with a DQ

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

paulscholes wrote:Is that the 1st time a title has changed hands with a DQ

No, 6 months ago Dolph Ziggler won the World Title from Edge when Edge was DQ'ed for using the spear. Edge won it back the same night.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

That seems like a lifetime away now with Edge. Wonder how many titles he'd have won if he hadn't have got the career ending injury?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

I think they need to bring back Edge soon and have him talking sense into Christan asking him what he is doing etc

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:I think they need to bring back Edge soon and have him talking sense into Christan asking him what he is doing etc

Edge spent the large proportion of his main event career as a heel - I don't see that happening personally and would only be likely to if he were able to return to the ring full time and get into programme with Christian... and I am not sure if that will ever happen, if it does it will be likely to be some years away.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

Marky wrote:
paulscholes wrote:Is that the 1st time a title has changed hands with a DQ

No, 6 months ago Dolph Ziggler won the World Title from Edge when Edge was DQ'ed for using the spear. Edge won it back the same night.

Not quite. Edge used the spear one night on Smackdown and got on of the Green Bay Packers to act as referee. The next week they came and stripped him off the belt giving it to Dolph Ziggler, The Teddy Long made a rematch and Edge won it back. So technically Ziggler was champion for one week although he only had possession of the belt for less than an hour.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down