The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs?

+14
hodge
Good Golly I'm Olly
Corporalhumblebucket
daraghj82
nissan
Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo
westisbest
ncfc_Tooze
JDandfries
The Special Juan
LuvSports!
dyrewolfe
Thomond
AlexHuckerby
18 posters

Go down

Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs? Empty Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs?

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:20 am

Ok, we lost a few key players like Gradel and Schmeichel (Sp?) and to be fair brought in very little.

We had a rather poor start to the season. Now, we are FLYING! Yes, a few games could have gone against us and we could just be on a good run and may not be able to sustain it but at the start of the season I was thinking Mid-Table finish. Now, it looks like we could have a decent chance of finishing top two if we continue!

What you boys think, can we handle it?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs? Empty Re: Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs?

Post by Thomond Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:10 am

Playoffs are do-able. I think top 2 may be a bit out of reach. Leeds still concede an awful lot of goals and better teams will punish them. As happened last year, lots of goals are being scored but the defence has to improve.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs? Empty Re: Can Leeds Finish Top Two!? Or Playoffs?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

Get in Snoddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 19 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm

I was doing some study and though I would tune in for the last 15. I made the right choice! That second goal was superb it takes a lot of skill to get a ball through that kind of space.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

We were dire in the first half. Whatever Grayson said at half time did the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 27 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

I'd say a top 2 finish is definitely out, if you're going to get beaten at home by the likes of Barnsley. Besides, Southampton and West Ham are looking a class apart this season. No reason why you shouldn't make the play-offs though.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 27 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

R.I.P gary speed!! leeds legend before my time but what a footballing great :'(

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 27 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

I'd love to see Leeds in top 2 but there are at least 3 teams better thanee them. Play offs are possible though. Robby Snoddy = Great Player.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Very simple answer, No

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:59 am

Leeds did 11 minutes of chants from the 11th minute of the match last night against Forest in remembrance of Gary Speed. (who was our No.11)
Snodgrass scored at the end of the chants and we won 4-0.

That was for you Gary
rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2011, 10:14 am

Time for the business end of the season now.
22 games gone and 9 pts off top spot.

Snoddy has been in amazing form recently, here's hoping he continues against Derby today.
Mon the Leeds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 26 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

Here's hoping anyway, need to start picking up the points by any means necessary.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 18 Jan 2012, 2:08 pm

Not without Johnny Howson they can't......... http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120118/offer-accepted-for-jonny_2247585_2580741

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

so what can you guys tell me about Howson, now it looks as he is on his way to city?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm

I see we might be loaning Delph back to you.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:so what can you guys tell me about Howson, now it looks as he is on his way to city?

Hes just like Hoolahan but better:

brilliant work horse with a great engine, can pick a pass, can tackle, fairly strong and can head and score!

Not bad for 500k

Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo

Back to top Go down

Post by nissan Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

Not a hope in hell of Leeds finishing higher than 6th. Now with Howson
gone, who next Snoody,Clayton.

nissan

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

grayson gone. Crying or Very sad would have loved to see him (especially being a fan) take us to the prem. warnock apparently in the frame, wouldn't be a popular choice but he has a good track record for getting teams promoted. others come to mind sergeant wilko to come back, gus poyet or strach ?

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:21 pm

Why on earth did we sack him just as the transfer window has shut?!?

"We have 18 games to go this season and are still within touching distance of the Play-Offs, but felt with the transfer window now closed we needed to make the change at this time in the belief that a new managerial team will be able to get more out of the existing squad of players and make the difference "

Another deluded statement from papa smurf scrooge, either sack him a few weeks back so he can shape the squad or do it at the end of the season!
Still luv leeds obvs but dark times atm Sad. MOT!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

On the face of it, it seems a daft decision, but Leeds have been struggling (or at least blowing hot and cold) for a while now and definitely lost their early-season momentum. For whatever reason, Grayson just wasn't able to get the players to perform like they were a couple of months ago.

His record looks good (won 80-odd, drawn 40-odd, lost 40-odd) but I think if things keep on going the way they are, Leeds will not even make the play-offs. It'll be interesting to see if the new manager can re-ignite your promotion push.

By the way, "dark times" are what Portsmouth and Darlington are going through. Try to keep a bit of perspective. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

By the way, "dark times" are what Portsmouth and Darlington are going through. Try to keep a bit of perspective. Wink

Bigger clubs have higher expectations right? We just lost the manager, our chairman wont spend any money, prices are a joke and we have just sold our club captain! These are dark times for a massive team such as my loving leeds united whereas at pompey and darlo the outlook is dire, arsenal would say times are tough atm and they are a team on a profit, in the FA cup, champs league and in with a chance of getting 4th. Dark times for diffo teams means diffo things!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:23 pm

After watching the performance by Leeds against Saints I am confident of a play off place. Warnock has us playing some of the best football I have seen Leeds play in the last 2 years.

If it wasn't for a dodgy referee or some brilliant goal keeping by the Saints keeper we would have won by 3 or 4 goals tonight. I know we lost, but if we keep playing like that im full of confidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

I think that is a bit premature 2bh Y I man, it was a good performance and we weren't merited by our endeavors.
I think play off's is a tall order and i don't think we have the squad to make it atm but next year i think we can with him.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:56 pm

Y I Man wrote:After watching the performance by Leeds against Saints I am confident of a play off place.
Triumph of hope over reality Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

LuvSports! wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Bigger clubs have higher expectations right? We just lost the manager, our chairman wont spend any money, prices are a joke and we have just sold our club captain! These are dark times for a massive team such as my loving leeds united whereas at pompey and darlo the outlook is dire, arsenal would say times are tough atm and they are a team on a profit, in the FA cup, champs league and in with a chance of getting 4th. Dark times for diffo teams means diffo things!

Its nothing to do with the size of your club or expectations. You'll still have a club to support next season. Pompey and Darlo fans may not. You're not in danger of being relegated either and are only 6 points off the play-off places.

Like I said, it helps to have some perspective.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

No cos we nicked your best player and captain Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

believe the answer is no, especially with how Saints and West Ham are going, with Reading just behind them.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

no chance for top 2. Cardiff, Reading and Birmingham should make the play offs, with the 4th team either Middlesbrough or Blackpool.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:20 pm

ollyrules wrote:No cos we nicked your best player and captain Yahoo

he wasn't our best player but he was a big loss Sad better player than johnson

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

No way, Leeds are no more than an average midtable championship club, still deluded by the 70s that they are better than they are.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

What the hell happened against Forest? Shocked
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

McCleary'd
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Sat 28 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

to put it simply NO

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down