The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General conversation

+2
SecretFly
Morgannwg
6 posters

Go down

General conversation Empty General conversation

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep - 16:35

Any chance the mods could consider adding a General Conversation area? chat politics, world affairs, current news and general jibber jabba.
A few sport forums im a member of do this, not only is it a great feature it pretty much eliminated the WUM ., it created a better community on the forum with far more depth and understanding gained of fellow members.
Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Back to top Go down

General conversation Empty Re: General conversation

Post by Morgannwg Tue 11 Sep - 16:37

There is actually the 'News and Conversation' and 'Off topic' forums at the bottom of the V2 homepage.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep - 16:40

ta i never knew this

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep - 16:40

Like Morg has alluded to, isn't there tons of other interests catered for out on the home page?

But maybe you mean a general chat page for specifically us rugby guys? In the rugby section itself?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep - 16:45

Yep nail on the head secret fly, just so your general members you interact with can join in

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep - 16:54

There's the rugby pub - don't know if you know about that?

But I'm not so certain it's a General Chat Area or just a ...well, it seems more like very much a close batch of friends chatting to each other about things the casual drinkers who might only enter once or twice a week or month just wouldn't be up to speed on - think most of them have met in real life and stuff.

I seldom go there because it seems to be very much a 'Local' and I ain't Wink

I don't know how you could get that General Chat thing up and running but maybe you could chat with a mod or two to see how it might get done.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 11 Sep - 16:55

Posters host the 'pub threads' for that. They contain all the same people and are usually quite dull conversations. I think the rugby forum is fine.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 11 Sep - 17:10

I dipped into one of them 'pub threads' once, by accident. Didn't have a clue what the hell was going on. Made one rather witty comment (hypocrites/booing/penalty kicks) and got set upon by two Welsh birds and a bunch of Irish.

Was far too much like real life for my liking.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 11 Sep - 17:35

SecretFly wrote:But maybe you mean a general chat page for specifically us rugby guys? In the rugby section itself?

+1 I've often wondered what the folk on here think about politics, music, etc.

The 606v2 general discussion boards are all well and good, but after visiting some of the other sports' threads, I honestly don't want to know what anyone else thinks (some golf posters are particularly cretinous)...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Sep - 17:39

Casartelli wrote:I dipped into one of them 'pub threads' once, by accident. Didn't have a clue what the hell was going on. Made one rather witty comment (hypocrites/booing/penalty kicks) and got set upon by two Welsh birds and a bunch of Irish.

Was far too much like real life for my liking.

You're a great one for the lines Casarelli. I think I gave you my quote of the day for something you said yesterday...ahem! It's Irish logic, don't mind about it - and now you've landed another beauty.

"set upon by two Welsh birds and a bunch of Irish" Now that's one dangerous pub to enter when you want to wet your whistle. Yep, it's best to stay on the street and ask someone else to go in and take a pint out to you.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep - 17:54

On a power-lifting forum a fantastic thread is on at the moment, discussing 9/11
a few conspiracy nuts are all over it but the general thread is great with some posters who had family witness first hand that day,

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 12 Sep - 2:00

I'd tend to agree. We as a group have been writing to each other for over a year. An opportunity to see other aspects of our fellow Rugby posters would be a good idea. On one hand, I would be disappointed to find someone here is part of the BNP, but on the other hand I would be equally disappointed to find someone here preparing to run off to a Marxist commune in Siberia. Anything in between is great...............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Sep - 6:10

I suggest you use this thread for general conversation and I'll discuss it with the Admins in the meantime.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Sep - 9:22

Ok guys we are going to set up a general conversation thread for you under the rugby section, as it doesn't really fall under club or international.

There will be some rules to adhere to and it will be done on a trial basis.

Please refer to the rules once it is up (we want to keep it positive and civil).
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep - 17:29

Yes, happy days, OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down