The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a tennis conversation

+2
sportslover
polished_man
6 posters

Go down

Just a tennis conversation Empty Just a tennis conversation

Post by polished_man Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Just because I have been sarcastic a couple of times, I don't want people thinking I don't feel for players or that I am a WUM. This is far from real. I am one the biggest fan of Monsieur Bahrami, for me the true GOAT. A genially talented player but also someone you can go out to dinner with and have great fun all night long. I imagine how boring would it be to dine out with Federer or Nadal or Djokovic: they would barely lift a glass and when you want to go for a fag outside in the restaurant terrace , I am sure they'd let you down a say no thanks. Mr Barhami instead is fun 100% guaranteed: a charming man and a tombeur de femmes professionnel who will not let you down until the clubs close. That's way all the tennis fans women are so keen on him and prefer to go out with him all the time!
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Just a tennis conversation Empty Re: Just a tennis conversation

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:54 am

He sounds a bit like me on the weekends Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

You are probably right, trouble was he probably did too much of it while still playing and thats why he didn't win much!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Ok I know he didn't win as much as Fed or Nadal, but who's had the more fun of them all? And with his circus like kind of tricks he's also found a unique way to make good money out of a passion. Bahrami all the time!
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

Yeah, if you prefer ar$ing around on court to tennis.

I have never found the self-indulgent antics of him or his sidekick Henri LeConte in the slightest entertaining.Oh, and it's Mansour, not Monsieur. He's not French.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 09 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

I think you are just a Barhami wum. If you have ever seen him playing at the Aegon Master you should now how much people like him. It's just a great guy and clearly I am talking about pure entertainment here, which is still an important component, leaving aside for one moment the technical aspect of the game.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

Bahrami, was actually a very talented player whose career was impacted greatly by the Iran-Iraq war and the revolution. He has made his career from trick shots but people always forget that there were great external events in his life that damaged his career as a regular pro. The new islamic republic viewed tennis (Which the shah loved and supported) as decadent western ideas. When the shah was around they actually had an ATP event in tehran and it was richly sponsored for a 250 event, all the best guys came like Borg, and Nastase, it was sort of like Doha before Doha with a wealthy oil monarch pumping in the money. Just the fact that he could play on tour and come from Iran is amazing. Because we are talking about a country with zero, zero history or infrastructure for the sport.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 09 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm

Bahrami made the most of his political *banning* from paying
on the main tour !

Religion plays a funny part in everyone's life dunnit ?

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 11 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

socal1976 wrote:Just the fact that he could play on tour and come from Iran is amazing. Because we are talking about a country with zero, zero history or infrastructure for the sport.

Rezai played in Iran as late as 2005. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aravane_Rezaï

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down