The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists

3 posters

Go down

Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists Empty Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists

Post by socal1976 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

As for his legacy, he said "I'm very happy to be part of this era in tennis. I think everyone here would agree it's one of the best ever. Playing against [Nadal, Federer and Djokovic] has made me improve so much. I always said that maybe if I played another era I would have won more, but I wouldn't have been as good a tennis player.

"That's how you should be judged at the end of your career, not just on how much you're winning but on the people you're competing against and how good a player you actually were. Those guys are some of the best of all time."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/11/andy-murray-wins-us-open

Foolish Andy murray has failed in his knowledge of tennis. For years we have heard how this is a weaker grinding era and how we need to take tennis back to the golden days of the early 2000s and late 90s. We have heard about how weak the tour is and how this era lacks proper competition. Funny a certain scot doesn't see it that way. How dare he disagree with the tennis purists and their view that the game of tennis is dying and needs drastic overhaul.

Sad that Andy murray seems to be agreeing with known tennis extremist Socal who has been pumping up the golden generation since 2007. Who had it easier to win a slam Andy murray or Thomas Johansson that basically tells you which era is tougher, end of story.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists Empty Re: Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:35 pm

Socal you are revealing yourself. You are attempting to be ironic but I don't think it has worked.

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists Empty Re: Andy Murray is a fool who knows nothing when compared to the tennis purists

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

Well he certainly showed his lack of tennis knowledge when he said "Just so many of the courts are so slow now. You know, it's nice for us to get a change‑up like here" earlier this year at Dubai. It may have been nice for Andy, but we all know no-one watched the tournament without falling asleep.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

Look out julius the more you disagree with me the more you move from great moderator status towards the crap end of the dial. Like i said the changes desribed do not bring variety they just favor the attacker at every tournament over the current status quo.

But we aren't talking about conditions here Julius we are talking about the golden generation and eras, so maybe you should chide yourself and moderate yourself for "OFF THE TOPIC POSTS"

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

I was agreeing with you - on how Andy's tennis knowledge fails him - that's on topic, surely Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I was agreeing with you - on how Andy's tennis knowledge fails him - that's on topic, surely Smile

Well when you put it that way agreeing with me is always on topic.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:40 pm

To be honest Socal I am not really warming to this or a previous article. It is unclear whether they are meant to be ironic or literal or somewhere in between.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Both are ironic sorry you don't enjoy them, I enjoy them does that not count for anything, of course I don't believe murray is a fool or that the final was a terrible match.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down