The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sold out ??????

+10
Shifty
SecretFly
overlordofthewest
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
Casartelli
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
Smirnoffpriest
LordDowlais
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sold out ?????? Empty Sold out ??????

Post by LordDowlais Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:02 am

Well, as Victor Meldrew would say, I DONT BELIEVE IT !!!!!! I went to get a ticket for the Scarlets V Ospreys game and I was duly told that there were no tickets available, can anybody shed any light on this ? ScarletSpiderman, Smirnoff I am looking to you, but are they all really sold out ? Oh well, if they are then I will have to watch it on the box. Ale

Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Sold out ?????? Empty Re: Sold out ??????

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:39 am

No chance in hell they are sold out.

Did the ticket line at the Scarlets say that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:47 am

Yeah id b very surprised if they were sold out this early as theres still heavy advertising on the website and early bird offers on. I dont know personally as i got a ticket last week

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

Been on the online ticket system. Still seats left in the north and south in the far corner sections, still terracing tickets available too. They haven't opened the east or west stands yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

Looking at the ticketing website the East and West stands behind the posts have no tickets available, but some tickets are available in north and South stands - mainly in the corners

http://tickets.scarlets.co.uk/en-GB/events/scarlets%20v%20ospreys/2012-9-21_19.05/parc%20y%20scarlets?area=88727d7d-40dc-4363-bac6-b4b09a5ebaef

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:49 am

Ye beat me to the punch RD

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:50 am

ah yes but you provided the link!

No east or west stand means ticket sales are pretty poor up till now, but there's still over a week to go so fingers crossed at least one of them gets opened up.

It's such a pest this one is on a Friday evening, if it was on a Saturday you'd be guaranteed a much bigger crowd where people wouldn't ahve to rush after work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

I doubt it will be that good a turnout. It is a friday night which tend to reduce the amount of folk who travel from around the regions due to transport times/work etc. Then add on to that the fact the Ospreys are not exactly flying right now, so they are unlikely to bring hords of their glory supporting fans (cough cough).

I reckon anything abouve 8.5k-9k would be a decent turn out
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

Well, I shall try again tonight, but when I phoned the Scarlets ticket line I had a message saying that there were no tickets available. I thought it might be down to the good start they have made, but that is why I posted this on here to get some real facts, so as I have said I will try again later.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:18 am

that's a bit worrying Dowlais as I haven't got my dad his terracing ticket yet!
What time did you phone them? maybe the line was closed and it was an automated message or something....

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:33 am

If they are saying tickets are sold out now, then another stand will open.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:48 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:If they are saying tickets are sold out now, then another stand will open.

Why do I have a vision of you announcing this from a hilltop, in a really deep voice, stormclouds gathering above you and your long white hair and beard billowing in the wind?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

Lord - maybe it is a crafty marketing trick so they can push this

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/5153.php

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

If the O's start to buck their ideas and get some shape and form back this might liven it all up a bit

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:21 am

When's the match?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

Luckless - Friday week. I guess that is still a good while away for a few fans to be worried about getting tickets just yet.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:50 am

Yeah, I wouldn't worry that it hasn't sold out yet.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lord - maybe it is a crafty marketing trick so they can push this

I like it when they invite "our friends from across the Loughor estuary" to the game! Laugh

Though I have to say £45 for a hospitality ticket and pre-game meal and glass of champagne is very good, especially for a derby.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lord - maybe it is a crafty marketing trick so they can push this

I like it when they invite "our friends from across the Loughor estuary" to the game! Laugh

Though I have to say £45 for a hospitality ticket and pre-game meal and glass of champagne is very good, especially for a derby.

When you say the average ticket is £20-£30 that is pretty good value indeed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:44 pm

Definately - I'd look into getting some for my parents for the Ospreys game if they didn't already have season tickets and I didn't already have my flexi ticket...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 13 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

Seriously guys, I would check this one as I phoned again last night and I had the same automated meesage, I am going to try again today at about 3.30pm and if I get the same response I am going to watch it on the box.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

Just spoke to a very nice lady on the ticket line 0871 871 8088 who said there are plenty of seats sitting and standing, but sitting is by the try line.

Confirms what the online booking indicates.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

yep LT.

Dowlais, you must have been ringing outside ticket line hours is all I can think. They only have an automated message like that when the line is closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

ticket line closes at 5pm

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:04 pm

There we go then. It'll probably be open until 7pm on the nights leading up to the match, tis what they usually do anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:yep LT.

Dowlais, you must have been ringing outside ticket line hours is all I can think. They only have an automated message like that when the line is closed.

Yeah, I have not been getting home until gone six all week due to work and by the time I phone it is gone seven, so I will take some time out this afternoon and try one last time. I bet this will be a sell out though, what with the start the Scarlets have made thus far.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

LondonTiger wrote:ticket line closes at 5pm

Ridiculous on behalf of ticket line, surely they would benefit massively from being open in the evening...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:ticket line closes at 5pm

Ridiculous on behalf of ticket line, surely they would benefit massively from being open in the evening...!

Yup at least one night a week, maybe a Wednesday open til 7.30 at least. But it's something that all the regions struggle with, and you can buy them over the net as well.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:yep LT.

Yeah, I have not been getting home until gone six all week due to work and by the time I phone it is gone seven, so I will take some time out this afternoon and try one last time. I bet this will be a sell out though, what with the start the Scarlets have made thus far.

I doubt it. Frifay night kick offs are really awkward for most people, as the region has poor transport links etc. Plus traveling after work etc. Add to that the OSpreys glory fans will not be likely to turn up in force after the start to their season. Anything between 8.5k-9k would be good.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

It's such a shame isn't it? These games should be guarenteed every year to be played on a Sat afternoon/evening to ensure the best possible crowds and enable all teams to increase the enthusiasm around their regions.

Instead you have an important game which many passionate fans will miss through no fault of their own because of a poor transport network and awkward game timing.

I wouldn't be able to go, except I'm able to stay down in Llanelli for Friday night, but you shouldn't have to arrange to stay over night in a town just to watch a rugby game if you don't drive.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 13 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:It's such a shame isn't it? These games should be guarenteed every year to be played on a Sat afternoon/evening to ensure the best possible crowds and enable all teams to increase the enthusiasm around their regions.

Instead you have an important game which many passionate fans will miss through no fault of their own because of a poor transport network and awkward game timing.

I wouldn't be able to go, except I'm able to stay down in Llanelli for Friday night, but you shouldn't have to arrange to stay over night in a town just to watch a rugby game if you don't drive.

Totally agree. If they want to raise attendances then they should realistically think about the scheduling of games. That said I bet BBC are happy they get to show the match on Scrum V as opposed to S4C having it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:08 am

Picked up a group of enclosure tickets on the weekend but they are disappearing faster than I expected.
Before the day was announced and only rough dates were out, there were 20 or so of us going down for the game, we were just waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Then it came out as a Friday game and now there's only 6 of us. Can't believe this game is on a Friday, if it were Saturday this would sell out.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

Apparently the Hospitality is looking like it is almost sold out.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:28 pm

I have heard over 9.5k sold already
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Thats a really good amount for this early in the week,suprisd too with the ospreys playing so bad. Good news

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

Preist - I think the west may well be openned for sales soon.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:48 pm

That's good - it'll be my 1st game in the North stand, so I'm hoping that all 4 stands will be open and we'll get easily 10k plus there!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

It doth be a technique to create and idea of demand. The idea of demand creates ...in theory.. demand.

I went to a recent concert in Dublin..very big demand for tickets. Sold out. I was looking for two more tickets for two people that came with me on spec. Nothing - zilch. Asked an official looking gateman if that was true or could he direct me someplace where the 'truth' was a lie? Wink He said it's actually the Gospel truth and wished me luck. The Gospel truth, says I to myself, well that means he's not lying for a fact.
So I keep searching...seeing if the touts had anything I was prepared to accept...but they were doing more "Selling a Ticket?" than "Buying a ticket?". Nothing doing until a guy offers me two tickets for twice the face value. I was just about to say "Fuc......" when I looked over at an official booth selling official tickets. Went up - certainly was the answer with a smile and "How many do you want?"

That Gospel guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never ever trust a Preacher!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

Clearly its going to be a sell out the scarlets fans will all come out of the woodwork, they actually go into the game as heavy favorites and i cant remember the last time that happened!

Every farmer and his favorite sheep will be at that game. Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 18 Sep 2012, 3:33 pm

Shifty wrote:Clearly its going to be a sell out the scarlets fans will all come out of the woodwork, they actually go into the game as heavy favorites and i cant remember the last time that happened!

Every farmer and his favorite sheep will be at that game. Whistle

Doubt that its a real pain in the ring to get up to PYS on a friday night (and home again) especailly if you have to work either firday or saturday.

That said over 10k sold, and East Stand (which is odd, its usually West) has been openned and tickets are on sale there (also ticket office is open til 7pm)

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

This is just great news for the PRO12 and Welsh Rugby. Chuffed reading this thread. Scarlets are on fire this season, brilliant to watch and deserve a packed PYS.
Over 10k is great as it is. Beats most of the McCafferty lot's grounds. But, has it ever been even near-full? Do it. Bring yer grannies out for a spin.

Credwch. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:05 pm

it was sold out for Munster last season and was 13k for Ospreys - crowd attendances have been increasing every year which is what we want to see, and Rupert Moon was bringing in more and more good things, like the barn (supporters village showing other games/classic Scarlets games and kids area), Heart and Soul country advertising, and matches shown in the concourse before Scarlets games.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:14 pm

It was sold out (or a 100 or so short of it) season before last against the O's too.

We're getting there, slowly but surely.

it wasn't a great attendance for the Leinster game but it was the largest opening game of the season crowd we've had since moving to PyS, so still an improvement Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

Good man Rupert Moon. Still the best nose in rugby.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

Dreamer,
Please don't mention the Leinster game.

We thank ye graciously for handing us our arses. OK

Maybe this game will wake the O's up?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:19 pm

I mention the crowd only my friend, no reference to the game itself Wink Hug

If the O's are going to wake up for any game, it will be this one. I think it's going to be v close, 1st half for sure and then we'll see.

It's the first time in years that Scarlets are going in big favourites for it, be interesting to see how we cope with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:it was sold out for Munster last season and was 13k for Ospreys - crowd attendances have been increasing every year which is what we want to see, and Rupert Moon was bringing in more and more good things, like the barn (supporters village showing other games/classic Scarlets games and kids area), Heart and Soul country advertising, and matches shown in the concourse before Scarlets games.

True Priest . It was fairly packed. Fail Gibbo.

I was standing beside a certain Dreamer that day. Screaming me head off for Scarlets - like a proper Leinster fan. Sheesh. They are our porno-rugby PRO12, soul-mates.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

Gibson wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:it was sold out for Munster last season and was 13k for Ospreys - crowd attendances have been increasing every year which is what we want to see, and Rupert Moon was bringing in more and more good things, like the barn (supporters village showing other games/classic Scarlets games and kids area), Heart and Soul country advertising, and matches shown in the concourse before Scarlets games.

I was standing beside a certain Dreamer that day. Screaming me head off for Scarlets - like a proper Leinster fan. Sheesh.

that you were Hug

Twas a fab day, can't wait to see you back at Y Parc for when Leinster make their visit for the HEC, tis going to be a cracker Ale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

Dreamer. Right on pal. Cant wait for de Heino to kick off. cider
Leinster now find themselves in a group which contains a red-hot Scarlets, ASM and a dangerous Exeter Chiefs. I can see us not making it this season, tbh.

And McCafferty wants to destroy the best comp on the Planet?

I heard he insulted the Prophet Mohammad. Said he was a shoite Leader. Please don't spread that rumour around. You know how people are. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

Gibson wrote:

I was standing beside a certain Dreamer that day. Screaming me head off for Scarlets - like a proper Leinster fan. Sheesh. They are our porno-rugby PRO12, soul-mates.

Porno and Rupert Moons nose mentioned in the same the thread! I'm getting worried Shocked

It was a good day though, and hopefully the Ospreys game should be as well (with the right result of course) I'm still annoyed that it's not a Sat afternoon kick off as you could have guarenteed a sell out then

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next