The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself

+7
Mad for Chelsea
bogbrush
barrystar
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
Josiah Maiestas
hawkeye
11 posters

Go down

Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself Empty Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself

Post by hawkeye Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

This is how Murray describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and his own game style

Federer

“[Roger Federer] plays with a very loose racket. So the tension of his racket is very low so he doesn’t need to swing as hard at the ball as some of the other guys because it comes off his racket a lot quicker. he plays very close to the baseline, he has very classical technique. He just looks good when he’s on the court.”

Djokovic

“My opinion of [Djokovic's] game is that he’s so consistent. He’s like a wall. He’s so fast around the court. He reaches every single ball. I’m not quite as flexible as him, I don’t reach as many balls as him. I play with a little more variety. I try to change the pace of the ball a little bit so I don’t give my opponent the same shot in a row. Some in club tennis would call it “junk”.

Nadal

“The brute force that Rafa [Nadal] plays with and the intensity that he has from the first point through to the last. He’s one of the best competitors I think that tennis has ever seen and probably won’t see for a while. He’s like a Jimmy Connors, I think. That sort of energy and enthusiasm every time he steps on the court.”

Himself

“I try to anticipate the ball well. That’s something that’s helped me since when I was a kid. Just learning to anticipate and read the game well. That’s helped me. When I moved over to Spain and I was 15 I was playing with big guys who were 22 years to 28 years old and I was 15 so I couldn’t beat them with power. I had to beat them with touch shots and variety and anticipation and all of those things. I learned a lot when I was over there.”

http://tennis.si.com/2012/09/13/andy-murray-charlie-rose/

Ha ha! Djokovic has consistancy. Federer looks good (only "looks" good) and plays with loose strings. Nadal has Brute force and enthusiasm. But only he has touch, anticipation and variety. Oh Murray you do make me laugh with your niavity. This is what happens when someone has spent their life only talking to their "team".

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself Empty Re: Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

Stand back Craig.

Don't be reading!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself Empty Re: Murray Describes Federer, Nadal, Djokovic And Himself

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

Tats one of the problem for Murray, he better focus on improving his game to reach the heights expected of his talents rather than gibberish talks like this.
But i guess as usual media poked him with stupid questions and Murray answered it the best idiotic way.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

Sorry but I see nothing wrong at all in those comments. Nice try hawkeye but once again nice fail.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

This was something else he said in the interview. I think it's good that he's prepared to say it in an interview - shows that he appreciates it was an issue but he's not worried about it anymore.

“In the past when I was younger I would play too far behind the baseline and be a bit passive because I was quick enough to get to a lot of balls. I would play defensively and rely on speed to win matches. Ivan [Lendl], when I spoke to him before we started working together, he said you need to go for it. You can’t sit back and let these guys dominate you and dictate you. It’s not fun. It’s painful on the body and you need to make them do some of the running as well. So that’s what I tried to do.”
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:19 pm

barrystar wrote:This was something else he said in the interview. I think it's good that he's prepared to say it in an interview - shows that he appreciates it was an issue but he's not worried about it anymore.

“In the past when I was younger I would play too far behind the baseline and be a bit passive because I was quick enough to get to a lot of balls. I would play defensively and rely on speed to win matches. Ivan [Lendl], when I spoke to him before we started working together, he said you need to go for it. You can’t sit back and let these guys dominate you and dictate you. It’s not fun. It’s painful on the body and you need to make them do some of the running as well. So that’s what I tried to do.”
Well done Ivan.

Of course someone else said all this virtually to the word in early 2008 but was slagged off for it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

bogbrush wrote:
barrystar wrote:This was something else he said in the interview. I think it's good that he's prepared to say it in an interview - shows that he appreciates it was an issue but he's not worried about it anymore.

Well done Ivan.

Of course someone else said all this virtually to the word in early 2008 but was slagged off for it.

I also remember Murray having a tizzy fit when he got wind of Rusedki's similar comments. In fact everyone who dared said it. It's funny that Murray can't remember.

Is this what Murray did in the US final? I don't know as I didn't watch. If he did I bet Djokovic was surprised. Also when Murray was "younger" he says he was playing too far behind the baseline, playing defensively and relying on his speed to win his matches but I thought he said his game was all about touch shots, variety and anticipation? He also says that he reads the game well. I wonder what game it is that he reads...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:18 pm

sigh...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

Just for the record, I wasn't referring to anything Murray himself said.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:38 pm

Don't know what game he reads but the papers he reads say Olympic Singles Gold Medal and US Open Champion so he must be reading the game correctly at the moment.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

Gooooood grief! Laugh

Nothing wrong with anything Murray has said. He is always very complimentary of his top 4 rivals.

Clutching at straws now HE. Laugh

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:41 pm

Calder106 wrote:Don't know what game he reads but the papers he reads say Olympic Singles Gold Medal and US Open Champion so he must be reading the game correctly at the moment.

Yahoo

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

Now would you look at that.

Andy has an opinion.

Someone call Mel Gibson. Longshanks is back prohibiting freedom of speech Braveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:
Nothing wrong with anything Murray has said. He is always very complimentary of his top 4 rivals.

Clutching at straws now HE.

Indeed Murray is always very complimentary about his rivals, especially Nadal.

Typical cherry picking news reporting from Hawkeye. Broken Record

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 15 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

SSDD. Same old stuff from Hawkeye.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down