The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Weekends Boxing

3 posters

Go down

This Weekends Boxing Empty This Weekends Boxing

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

Another 0 goes this weekend after Juanma is beaten by Orlando Salido by 8th round TKO so a summer bout between him and Yuriorkis Gamboa is not going to happen where does Gamboa go from here? and more importantly where does Juanman go from here? a move up in weight maybe.In a 12 round thriller and possible fight of the year candidate Victor Ortiz defeats Andre Berto by UD to win the WBO welterweight belt there was 4 knockdowns in the fight two for Berto and two for Ortiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITM-EUbcSqI for anyone who hasn't seen it on the same channel theres also Juanma vs Salido.Berto seems to be just another american hype job,he has some talent but wasn't using it not using his jab enough and stupidly eagering Ortiz into a war when Berto wasn't even throwing anything back.Britains Amir Khan comfortabbly defeated Paul Mccloskey by TD but the main factor in the fight was the cut that led to the fight being stopped the cut didn't seem too bad and the doctor wouldn't even give Mccloskeys corner work on the cut shame really after how hard he's been working in training.Khan won every round but Paul did make Khan miss a few times but in the six before the cut Khan hit Mccloskey with some hard shots which wobbled him and it looked like the fight wouldn't go on much longer possibly stopped in the 7th or 8th.Khan wanted to put on a show for the fans and it looked like he was going to do that.Mccloskeys corner was obviously annoyed with the stoppage with Barry Hearn storming in the ring and having a massive rant at the ref,a rematch is almost certain not to happen as Khan wants a unification fight with Tim Bradley or Zab Judah in fights which would make him a P4P top 10 contender.In other news on the undercard Rendall Munroe failed to impress with a close UD victory over Andrei Isaeu,Lee Purdy won the British Welterweight belt with a knockout victory over heavy favoutie Craig Watson.There also wins for Martin Murray,Andy Murray,Richard Towers and Kid Galahad on the bill.All in all a strange week for boxing some cracking fights and some controversial fights.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

This Weekends Boxing Empty Re: This Weekends Boxing

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

I dont see Berto as hype job. He was beaten by a better fighter. Berto is good. Ortiz is better. Both were hyped and Ortiz proved better.

Just because a fighter loses to another good fighter doesn't make the loser a poor fighter overnight. I hadn't bought into the Berto hype (not that the hyppe was that great anyway).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

azania wrote:I dont see Berto as hype job. He was beaten by a better fighter. Berto is good. Ortiz is better. Both were hyped and Ortiz proved better.

Just because a fighter loses to another good fighter doesn't make the loser a poor fighter overnight. I hadn't bought into the Berto hype (not that the hyppe was that great anyway).

Berto had been hyped up above what he had shown. It was a good weekend of boxing the Khans fight could be viewed as a let down but I never really had high hopes for it anyway.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

Could be viewed as a let down? It was down right disappointing. I feel sorry for those poor buggers who shelled out £15 for that joke.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 2:53 pm

azania wrote:Could be viewed as a let down? It was down right disappointing. I feel sorry for those poor buggers who shelled out £15 for that joke.

I mean it could be viewed as a let down if you payed to watch live or on TV. I never I watched a stream as I never thought much of it from the start. That's why I don't view it as a let down I never had high hopes to begin with.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down