The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal Rosol match again

+4
Josiah Maiestas
lydian
User 774433
rafa fan forever
8 posters

Go down

Nadal Rosol match again Empty Nadal Rosol match again

Post by rafa fan forever Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:41 pm

Considering that the Davis Cup final between Spain and Czech Rep is going to be held in Czech, obviously they are going to choose a fast indoor hard court to contest the tie on. There is a bright likelihood of Rafa being fit for the davis cup final. Lukas Rosol was fielded in the semi final tie but did not participate in any match I believe.

Considering the prospect of Rafa making an appearance in the final, will Rosol be fielded in the final and the first tie against him (considering the shock outcome of the Wimbledon encounter) and what can be the possibilities of lighting striking in the same year again?

Personally I believe this could hype the Davis cup final incredibly prior to its start. I would like to know the views of fellow esteemed 606 readers.

rafa fan forever

Back to top Go down

Nadal Rosol match again Empty Re: Nadal Rosol match again

Post by User 774433 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:43 pm

Welcome to the forum RFF Hug

Great to have a Nadal fan on here!

Nadal won't be playing Davis Cup final, if my sources are correct.
If he does though I really really hope he face Rosol, in a deciding 5th tie on Sunday. And crushes him.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:50 pm

a) you wont see Nadal this year
b) they wont pick Rosol for the final anyway - Berdy and Stepanek will play as much higher ranked (Turbot will especially play if fast courts)

I dont think Nadal will have any problems Rosol again anyway, whatever surfaces. Wimb12 was just one of those matches.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

It's a fearful prospect for Rafa and his fans. It is well known what happened the last time they met. If they meet again, Rafa might have to retire from tennis for good Sad

This comment has been sponsored by Wise-Up Mania Inc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:46 pm

Rosol only won him because they went indoors, Nadal was dominating left, right and centre before the roof was closed.

Let me know when Rosol stars in a Shakira vid.

- Sent by Enraged Nadal worshipper
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:46 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Rosol only won him because they went indoors, Nadal was dominating left, right and centre before the roof was closed.

Let me know when Rosol stars in a Shakira vid.

- Sent by Enraged Nadal worshipper
Josiah stop spying on my facebook wall mad

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 17 Sep 2012, 6:34 pm

Point is that Rosol isnt going to be in the Czech singles team anyway unless Turbot is injured, and Nadal wont be playing again in 2012, so its all moot really.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:10 pm

With his post-Wimbledon record I reckon he'd be a lamb to the slaughter vs. Nadal or anyone else on the Spanish team. If you could bottle the way he played in the last set vs. Nadal he'd be a huge threat, but he evidently can't and I think Nadal would have the psychological advantage were they to play again.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Yep Barry, that 5th set is a level I doubt he'll ever reach against anyone again.
Can you imagine the point Nadal will have to prove should they meet again on any surface? And the strain the match up will also place on Rosol. Nonetheless, he did well on that day although I maintain Nadal was only merely average at best the first 4 sets, still had to be beaten though. Shame Rosol has done nothing of repute since, but then are we surprised?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

If I would be Rosol I wouldn't even turn up for the match even if offered, Rosol got a life long glory to brag about which even great Fed could only dream off,i.e positive h2h vs Rafa.

Like Lyd said the match will never happen, but who knows there is always a very slim chance.

1]Nadal won't turn up for anymore matches this year
2]Spanish team is way too strong for Chech even if their 2nd tier players turn up.
3]What is Rosol playing these days? Cricket?
4] Even Inspired Berdych will go down to iron man Ferrer and hence Spain would not field Rafa, its just a waste of time for Rafa specifically when he is recovering from illness.
5]Rosol would just not dare to play even if all the stars line again, he himself know Rafa will beat him to submission hands down.

I am not even a Nadal fan, so lets be honest it was a miracle win by Rosol in Wimby, miracles do happen once but if it happens time and again they won't have the shine of miracle. Let Rosol enjoy his rest of career bragging about his great win, he deserve that. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

I'm hoping for this as well but Rosol is not one of the 2 best Czech players, so probably wouldn't be picked.

All these people saying Nadal almost certainly isn't playing again until 2013 where are they getting this from?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:24 am

http://www.nadalnews.com/2012/09/11/toni-updates-us-on-rafas-progress/

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down