The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"?

+11
summerblues
invisiblecoolers
lags72
Silver
laverfan
JuliusHMarx
lydian
Danny_1982
mthierry
socal1976
FedKing
15 posters

Go down

Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"? Empty Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"?

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 21:34

I have never seen it.  Every time he loses there seems to be some injury... and every time he wins, he is a master.  When he lost to Rosol, Darcis and Soderling (French Open), it was an injury.  Now he is about to play a resurgent Federer, and whaddya know?  A miracle blister has appeared which suddenly threatens his life (and will surely be "career ending").  censored 

youtube.com/watch?v=8ojoQ938Wio

So, has the Pusher ever lost a match when not at "100%", and can we get a clear definition on what "100%" actually means?  If his bottles aren't aligning with the sun during the summer solstice, does this constitute a violation?  What if the tennis balls have too much fluff?  What if his undies are too far up his arse crack?  There have to be a ton of these variables.  What is the cut off point? I really want to know.

Ok, mods, now you can ban me!  angel

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"? Empty Re: Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"?

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:11

We are talking serious injuries and everyone understands the difference between a niggle and a debilitating injury. And anyone who wants to study the time and tournaments missed at slams due to injuries in comparison of Nadal to the other top players right now. Let us just let it be said that Fed's greatest, and best reason as to why most consider him GOAT is down to his incredible durability and ability to avoid injury. Because otherwise athletically, and tennis wise Nadal is just that bit better.  This thread is meant as an honest wind up and I don't mind it, I don't think anyone wants to ban you.

Last edited by socal1976 on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:26; edited 1 time in total

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"? Empty Re: Has Nadal Ever Lost A Match While Not "100%"?

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:17

You can't honestly think that that "blister" is a serious problem? Not after he beat Dimi with it, and then even stated it wasn't a big problem for him?

This is typical Nadal and Nadal fan tactics. Without fail, get a big fat excuse at the ready.

You didn't answer the thread's questions either Smile

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:20

When he was losing all those matches in a row to Djokovic, I didn't see him moaning about injuries. I think you're a bit disgruntled that Federer's win may get diminished by many with Nadal's blister issue. In truth, a blister on your racquet hand can't be wonderful to play with.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:25

Laugh  to be fair, I think a lot of fans like to dilute the impact of a defeat with any reason that avoids admitting their man was outplayed. I don't think any set of fans are innocent, though some may be worse than others.

As for players, a lot of them highlight issues after a defeat. Probably exaggerating on occasion too. Some worse than others. They're loathe to admit that someone is better than them, or rather was on the day. I can get that. They're competitors. What's the old saying... Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Funny article though. I enjoy reading a good rant.

That non-committal enough?  Laugh 

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:25

I am a Djokovic fan not a Nadal fan. Neither you nor I know how bad the blister issue is. The way Nadal holds the racket, and a lot of pros do this, the end of handle is not free and it is resting on your palm. So on every shot he will experience pain and discomfort and only he can say how bad it is. I personally, think Nadal will win and win big and have said it from the start. But to deny his documented history of injury issues in the past is pretty silly. I mean did he miss slams, masters, months of play, millions of dollars in prize money, and appearance fees over his career in order to perpetrate an intricate fraud on Federer and his righteous fans? Or maybe he was on double super secret suspension again?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:25

FedKing wrote:You can't honestly think that that "blister" is a serious problem?  Not after he beat Dimi with it, and then even stated it wasn't a big problem for him?

This is typical Nadal and Nadal fan tactics.  Without fail, get a big fat excuse at the ready.

Yes, a blister is a serious problem when it affects your grip. He beat Dimitrov cos he's a much better player but he averaged 11 miles per hour less on his first serve speed with way more double faults and a very errant forehand throughout. I think you're moaning about ths cos you knowFederer has a good chance in the match and you're preparing the bed to ensure his victory isn't diminished.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:26

Good post socal.

Exactly mthierry, he actually lost two service games by DF'ing on break point...since when did Nadal do that? That could have cost him big.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:29

lydian wrote:Good post socal.

Exactly mthierry, he actually lost two service games by DF'ing on break point...since when did Nadal do that? That could have cost him big.

Ah, so the fact he did that naturally leads to a different reason than he just isn't perfect.  Glad that's settled.  E-X-C-U-S-E.
Dear lord, it's going to be grand looking over this forum in the coming years when Nadal can't chase balls down anymore. This place will implode.

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:32

Looks like your brain did that some time back...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:33

lydian wrote:Looks like your brain did that some time back...

And the first personal attack award goes to....  Yahoo
This site has too much oestrogen. Calm down, dear.

Last edited by FedKing on Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:33

This is what Daniel sings every time he comes back here under another name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYweHGwASKU

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:33

mthierry wrote:When he was losing all those matches in a row to Djokovic, I didn't see him moaning about injuries. I think you're a bit disgruntled that Federer's win may get diminished by many with Nadal's blister issue. In truth, a blister on your racquet hand can't be wonderful to play with.

People who have played sports know that a blister that size in the location it is in can be a serious problem. And that is the truth of the matter, when Djokovic beat him with a lengthy, heart wrenching, and consecutive series of defeats Nadal did not talk about any injuries. He came out and said he is the better player and I have to work hard to beat him and that is what he did. My feeling on this is that Federer fans know deep down to their very core that despite durability and luck with injuries Nadal would have made minced meat of Fed in his prime (and usually did) and would not have allowed fed to pad his stats a bit. After beating Fed on all surfaces and at all the slams they have to know that. That is the prime reason for this dismissal of Nadal's well documented history of injuries. It comes from the creeping feeling Fed's fans have that Nadal is better and it is not just about his H2H with Fed. It is about his head to head with everyone. The guy is almost everyone's nemesis opponent and has been for a long time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:35

JuliusHMarx wrote:This is what Daniel sings every time he comes back here under another name

I'm always watching over this forum, so I am never really away.  It gives me a lot of laughs, but it will do much more than that when Nadal's decline sets in.  Very Happy

There will have to be an excuse for every loss. Ear infection, piles, TB, ... I guess there are plenty up for grabs.

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:37

It's no surprise to have a Nadal hating thread by someone called FedKing. FK, just be glad Nadal did have those injuries and timeouts or he might already be beyond 17 slams...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:39

FedKing wrote:
lydian wrote:Good post socal.

Ah, so the fact he did that naturally leads to a different reason than he just isn't perfect.  Glad that's settled.  E-X-C-U-S-E.
Dear lord, it's going to be grand looking over this forum in the coming years when Nadal can't chase balls down anymore.  This place will implode.

Yes it happens to the best of them. But at that time you are talking about in the future, he will most likely have surpassed the Swiss demigod in slams, tournaments won, master's and will only be second to Roger in the durability and longevity stats. Roger will always have more weeks at number 1 and year end #1s, but that is down to Nadal getting serious injuries every 12 months. It is clear that from 2008-10, while fed was still young and strong Nadal took the mantle of the best player from fed and despite Djoko outdoing him the last couple of years last year he regained that status. Now it is up to Novak and Murray or whoever to take it back from him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by FedKing Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:39

lydian wrote:It's no surprise to have a Nadal hating thread by someone called FedKing. FK, just be glad Nadal did have those injuries and timeouts or he might already be beyond 17 slams...

And it wouldn't change a jot, because people who understand tennis realize his win stats are inflated by conditions that suit his game (as in surfaces, balls and kiddy racquets, i.e., not real tennis), and the very lucky fact that he is left handed player. Not to mention the greatest slam, Wimbledon, is the real benchmark.  Federer and Borg will always be regarded as greater than Nadal and his like, no matter how many slams they have.  This is a fundamental difference between those who understand sport and those who don't.  You do have a point about the username though, but I guess I just do that to pi.ss you off.

FedKing

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:41

lydian wrote:It's no surprise to have a Nadal hating thread by someone called FedKing. FK, just be glad Nadal did have those injuries and timeouts or he might already be beyond 17 slams...

I honestly think most fed fans know this and knowledgeable tennis people can see it as well, but they just can't admit it to themselves and this where a lot of the anger and venom towards Nadal comes from. First off if Nadal was healthy fed would have had less slams and Nadal's own count would be higher. So not only might Nadal already have the record fed certainly wouldn't finish with 17 in my opinion.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:42

Federer has not won yet, Nadal has not lost yet. This in-anticipation rant is wasted. Let us see what Nadal can or cannot do.

Federer is playing with a new racquet, which has it's own challenges. Let us give these two wonderful players some room to show case their Tennis skills.

They have played close matches in the past, this one may also be close, in three or five, does not matter.

Fingers Crossed to both GOATs. May the Tennis Gods shine and we get a highly competitive match. May the better player on the day (or night) win.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:42

FedKing wrote:...because people who understand tennis
Sorry you lost me early on there.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:45

FedKing wrote:

And it wouldn't change a jot, because people who understand tennis realize his win stats are inflated by conditions that suit his game (as in surfaces, balls and kiddy racquets, i.e., not real tennis), and the very lucky fact that he is left handed player.  Not to mention the greatest slam, Wimbledon, is the real benchmark.  Federer and Borg will always be regarded as greater than Nadal and his like, no matter how many slams they have.  This is a fundamental difference between those who understand sport and those who don't.  You do have a point about the username though, but I guess I just do that to pi.ss you off.

Oh yes the wonderful if Fed played in hypothetical world of fast conditions and less technology he would be the best argument. Someone said to me that fed fans don't make excuses, pretty funny in light of that post. I have played and watched tennis for 30 years and due to a variety of factors it is quite clear that since his youth he has had the voodoo magic on the alleged GOAT. I base my opinion on having watched them play each other and the field for years and having my own experiences in the game. I know more about the game than most paid tennis journalists and Lydian for sure does as he is or was a coach at times.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:46

I've had to ban FedKing aka homogenised, aka various other names.

Pity, because he is entertaining in small doses - like watching a hamster lost in a maze.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:53

Need I say more?

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:54

That was fun while it lasted.

Surprised anyone gave him a bite though, or bothered arguing... Such a blatant wind up post.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Jan 23 2014, 23:07

Danny_1982 wrote:That was fun while it lasted.

Surprised anyone gave him a bite though, or bothered arguing... Such a blatant wind up post.

It is fun to wind up the wind up merchants. But it was a rather silly thread and supported with some poor arguments.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24 2014, 01:31

The sad fact is Nadal will beat Federer even when injured.  But I am hoping for new serve and volley tactics from Federberg and new power and control from his 8 inch extended weapon.

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri Jan 24 2014, 02:37

socal1976 wrote:
FedKing wrote:

And it wouldn't change a jot, because people who understand tennis realize his win stats are inflated by conditions that suit his game (as in surfaces, balls and kiddy racquets, i.e., not real tennis), and the very lucky fact that he is left handed player.  Not to mention the greatest slam, Wimbledon, is the real benchmark.  Federer and Borg will always be regarded as greater than Nadal and his like, no matter how many slams they have.  This is a fundamental difference between those who understand sport and those who don't.  You do have a point about the username though, but I guess I just do that to pi.ss you off.

Oh yes the wonderful if Fed played in hypothetical world of fast conditions and less technology he would be the best argument. Someone said to me that fed fans don't make excuses, pretty funny in light of that post. I have played and watched tennis for 30 years and due to a variety of factors it is quite clear that since his youth he has had the voodoo magic on the alleged GOAT. I base my opinion on having watched them play each other and the field for years and having my own experiences in the game. I know more about the game than most paid tennis journalists and Lydian for sure does as he is or was a coach at times.

Well they do say that most things are possible in this world, including - perhaps - this very confident and seemingly definitive assertion.

Mind you, fair to say that right now we have only your own word to rely on socal

Has your claim by chance been independently & widely verified ? If so, any links ......?

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri Jan 24 2014, 03:21

socal1976 wrote: Because otherwise athletically, and tennis wise Nadal is just that bit better.  
 laughing laughing 

Athletically yes, Rafa could even go down as the best in any sport, but Tennis-wise  laughing laughing , really your jokes make laugh to death, keep rolling. Laugh  OK 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri Jan 24 2014, 03:22

FedKing wrote:You can't honestly think that that "blister" is a serious problem?  Not after he beat Dimi with it, and then even stated it wasn't a big problem for him?

This is typical Nadal and Nadal fan tactics.  Without fail, get a big fat excuse at the ready.

Nadal wins today in 4 sets, if blister its 4 sets, if not straights.  thumbsup

I will wake up 3.30 in the midnight still to watch it even though I can more or less predict the result given the history of the players, but life is all about belief , I wanna see Fed's 18.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri Jan 24 2014, 03:27

Nadal surely injured, I need no more proof after seeing the score card of Dimitrov and him  chin 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 24 2014, 03:36

invisiblecoolers wrote:Nadal wins today in 4 sets, if blister its 4 sets, if not straights.  thumbsup

I will wake up 3.30 in the midnight still to watch it even though I can more or less predict the result given the history of the players, but life is all about belief , I wanna see Fed's 18.
+1

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri Jan 24 2014, 06:56

Shame to see him banned. I don't have a problem with this kind ranting/wumming because it is at least direct and open about what it is.

Nobody spotted he got his title wrong though? It's the opposite question to the one he meant to ask!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 24 2014, 07:31

HM Murdoch wrote:Shame to see him banned. I don't have a problem with this kind ranting/wumming because it is at least direct and open about what it is.

Nobody spotted he got his title wrong though? It's the opposite question to the one he meant to ask!
In the spirit of the article title, I didn't spot that either.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:15

Shame I missed this. Great way to undermine his own article by messing up the title, good catch HM Murdoch
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:23

Shame, there is something clearly quite seriously wrong with this guy... mentally or socially, to devote this much energy to getting his/her own back on some internet forum. They musnt have much else to do, or are extremely young

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:21

Nadal loses again when he is less than 100% fit.
What is it about the Australian Open and Nadal's fitness?

2009 wins tournament then later in year his knees give way
2010 knees with Murray picking up the default win
2011 hamstring with Ferrer picking up the defaut win
2012 well beaten by Djokovic Mk II
2013 knees & absent for the tournament
2014 back & Wawrinka picks up the default win

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon Jan 27 2014, 08:38

...disagree about 2012....no-one is well beaten after 5hrs of play!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 27 2014, 09:49

Nore Staat wrote:The sad fact is Nadal will beat Federer even when injured.  But I am hoping for new serve and volley tactics from Federberg and new power and control from his 8 inch extended weapon.

Gross.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:57

Nore Staat wrote:  
What is it about the Australian Open and Nadal's fitness?

2009 wins tournament then later in year his knees give way
2010 knees with Murray picking up the default win
2011 hamstring with Ferrer picking up the defaut win
2012 well beaten by Djokovic Mk II
2013 knees & absent for the tournament
2014 back & Wawrinka picks up the default win

I've been making a version of this point since time immemorial.  Nadal has never had a season when he's been on top form at Aus Open and carried that forward into the rest of the year.

His two best years to date at the Aus Open have been the years when he's missed at least one other slam through injury - 2009 and 2012

His best years on the wider tour since he became an 'all-courter' have been when his appearance at the Aus Open has been relatively curtailed or ended with a whimper - 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013.

I include 2011 because he made all three subsequent slam finals and only an on-fire Djoko stopped him in two of them.

I'd say that this year is more in the 2009/2012 category.  The question is whether the pattern of past years will re-assert itself?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down