The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler*

5 posters

Go down

Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler* Empty Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler*

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:19 pm

Loving this heel combination at the moment, by far the best I have seen in years and its only early days (i hope). Heymans pre match speech was a brilliant idea....then Punk coming out with his New York Yankees style attire was genius, he knows how to generate heat and work a crowd brilliantly, just the way he conducted himself in the whole entrance.
I do agree it wouldn't of hurt Cena to lose clean to punk, but i've seen it happen enough times with cena now to know the writers simply wont allow it. Aslong as the strap remains on Punk and he and heyman continue to build this heat with their behaviour i am happy.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler* Empty Re: Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler*

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm

I actually said out loud "that's brilliant" when he was stood there with his Yankies attire holding the title above his head for a ridiculous amount of time, its unreal how easy and simple it is to garner heat but some people are too interested in being innovators to remember the simple basics

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler* Empty Re: Punk & Heyman *Possible NOC spoiler*

Post by bretmeharty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:Loving this heel combination at the moment, by far the best I have seen in years and its only early days (i hope). Heymans pre match speech was a brilliant idea....then Punk coming out with his New York Yankees style attire was genius, he knows how to generate heat and work a crowd brilliantly, just the way he conducted himself in the whole entrance.
I do agree it wouldn't of hurt Cena to lose clean to punk, but i've seen it happen enough times with cena now to know the writers simply wont allow it. Aslong as the strap remains on Punk and he and heyman continue to build this heat with their behaviour i am happy.

While I agree not having Cena lose clean helps the story continue, the finish last night shows its only a matter of time before Cena does get his hands on the title.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

How Cena will win the title

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

I don't agree with that at all, he'll not be getting his hands on it until WrestleMania from Rock unless Rock can't work Mania for some reason and the big re-match needs to take place at the Rumble instead of WrestleMania

If Punk won clean last night then where does the feud go? It has no legs after that, there has to be a hook, a reason for the Challenger to feel aggrieved so he'd be entitled to a re-match, that's what Cena now has and with the finish they used it also means they could prolong the moment until Heyman actually causes him to lose, that's when you then set up the blow off match between the two

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

The blow off match with Heyman banned etc, will see Cena win clean. The only plus I can see is in agreement with Gaffer that Punk will get it back in December for rumble match with the Rock. And the 1 month reign helps Cena get 1 step closer to that title record.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:55 pm

I agree

Last edited by VoiceOfTheVoiceless on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:59 pm

If Heyman is banned then Punk will find another way to win the match, say a returning Brock Lesner, Lesner could then be the guy charged with stopping Cena from winning the Rumble (which Cena will no doubt then win)

I just don't see them taking the strap off Punk for a pointless month, it would make no sense what so ever and would take away from the whole Rock's triumphant return angle at the Rumble, Punk has to look unbeatable by this point for a Rock win to truly mean something over Punk, then when Cena gets his big day over Rocky it becomes monumental, it's all relevent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

I just wonder if they can resist the urge to put the title on their big dog, when can you remember Cena coming away from a feud when the title is involved and not winning the title. Granted they may pick up the feud again after wrestlemania but still.......

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:26 pm

I've no doubt Punk will be the main contender for Cena after Mania and will no doubt be the bridesmaid for 3/4 PPV's, I also see why people think Cena will walk away from the feud with the title but if they where to do that then how do you explain getting it back onto Punk without having Cena breathing down his neck for a re-match? It just prolongs the feud when I expect Punk will spend about 5/6 weeks concentraiting on Rock

I can see Heyman helping Punk win the next match, then in a final re-match where Punk manages to get Cena to agree to a stip saying he won't get another title shot if he loses, and Punk then manages to win that, with possibly Lesner's help, Punk then turns his attention to Rock while Cena focuses on winning the Rumble

Having Punk lose the title at this stage in the reign does nothing for Punk, Rock and Cena in my opinion, Cena beating Punk in a B PPV for the title barely makes a headline, Rock ending the Punk reign at the Rumble does then Cena getting redemption and claiming the World Title from Rock at Mania becomes monumental

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:49 pm

You could have Puck winning at hell in a cell thanks to Heyman getting involved, then have Heyman banned at survivor series and where Cena wins clean. Then Lesnar get involved in December and cost Cena the title then.

Of course as a fan I want to see Punk keep it and face Rock at rumble and to be honest it would be great to see Punk beat Rock. Then you would have Cena vs Punk in what you could call the battle of the new generation and to see who is the best of the new/current generation. Why have another Rock Vs Cena, should of had Cena go over this year and be done with it.

I would actually be happy with Cena beating Punk at wrestlemania because of Punk having the long reign and would be about the right time to drop it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:52 pm

By the way, I don't want Cena to win the belt this year, I am only talking from experience of watching wwe's booking for the last 5-7 years of the way they would/could likely to go.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

I know what your saying and why your saying it, it'd be consistant with the way the WWE book Cena, I just think they'll be looking at the bigger picture here, I really don't see Punk/Cena lasting for another 3 months which would happen if they swapped the title, even then if Punk won it back in December it would then be illogical for Cena not to want his re-match which could take us into early January, I just don't think they'll go down that road, I think Cena is being used to finally legitimise Punk so he is a major scalp when Rock beats him, and in turn Rock then does the deed for Cena

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:12 am

Ok, In that case who would you see Punk feuding with... say in November December time, maybe give Miz a shot or BigShow....... (Talking of Big Show, where is he, no talk of him on the site about doing anything. Just seems to have vanished)

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:16 am

I'd like to see Punk/Orton have a short feud, what I'd really like is Punk/Christian but not sure it'd be high profile enough yet, failing that, Punk/Sheamus could be interesting, I can see them going for Orton/Dolph over the WHC so that could free Sheamus up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:30 am

Not sure that would work to be honest, would anyone really believe anyone other then Cena could beat Punk the match before the rumble and go on to face the Rock, I can only see these two going on til end of the year.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:59 am

Orton can easily be booked to look that strong, also, Sheamus is the guy Punk refused to fight a couple of weeks ago, would any of them realistically beat Punk for the title at this moment? No, not a chance, but it's not about that, its about keeping the Championship scene fresh, not every Title match has to be absolute box office, "Anything can happen in the WWE" or so they like to say, and that's why it's not a surprise when we get contenders out of the blue, still Orton is still and is always likely to be a top bracket guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:12 am

Cena hasnt held or been close to the title in over a year, I dont mind he's back in it.

In fact, after 4 absolute belters from these 2, Im really looking forward to the HiaC match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down