The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enzo v cleverley

+4
88Chris05
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
gab
8 posters

Go down

enzo v cleverley Empty enzo v cleverley

Post by gab Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:35 pm

just wondering what you guys would make of this fight if it were to happen. would you think its a step up for clev? after all the knocking he gets on here for fighting nobodies.
i only ask as today in work i bumped into enzo maccarinelli and asked him when he was fighting again he said in 5 weeks on clevs undercard then cleverly next after that.
i know some people (myself included) think its time for enzo to quit(although i would never say it to his face;)
but this is realy a fight id like to see i think it is a step up for cleverley and i reckon enzo could beat him ive not seen nothing with clev that makes me think he could ko enzo and enzo can box aswell as bang a bit.
sorry if this has been done b4 just curious as to your thoughts on it?

gab

Back to top Go down

enzo v cleverley Empty Re: enzo v cleverley

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

I'm pretty sure enzo has been banned for 6 months for a banned substance not too long ago.

In regards to a fight I think it will be as big a joke as any other cleverly fight and the only thing enzo brings is heavy hands. Enzo has been knocked out too many times and was out of his feet vs Mcphillin (spelling) last time out and the fight was stopped with 47 seconds left in the round and that was a domestic level fighter

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:43 pm

Thought Enzo has his licence taken away for taking banned substances.

Be nice for Clev to fight someone we've actually f*****g heard of even though it would only be Enzo but given Enzo's recent form, I can't see it being considered a step up for Nathan either.

As for telling Enzo to quit, I think you could say it to his face and he'd thank you for your interest in his career

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

thats why i asked him if he was going to fight again whu he said 5 weeks time hes on clevs undercard and after that its clev he didnt elaborate but did say in 5 weeks. will say i was just a random stranger in the street (it was outside a shop) and he came across like he does in his interviews as a realy sound guy. has cleverley proved yet hes much higher than domestic level? i think itl be a good fight if it happens.

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

hehe dave your prob right he comes across realy well if i ever see him again il tell him to quit then close my eyes and hope for the best Wink

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

I think Enzo is pretty much finished and making 175lb is very difficult for him. Id rather see Cleverly try and inch forward in terms of opposition or else Enzo to actually show he belongs in a world title fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

I actually think it would be a step down - Maccarinelli has regressed so much in the past three or four years it's scary. It may be a bigger 'name' than some of Cleverly's recent opponents, but wouldn't represent any sterner a test.

As much as his popularity continues to dwindle, Cleverly has shown that he's better than domestic level, and by a very comfortable margin, too. Judging by Enzo's last outing, domestic level is becoming a struggle for him, and that's putting things mildly.

It would be a horrific match up, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it materialized in the next twelve months; two sometime 'world champions' facing off in what Warren would surely label as the all-Welsh 'showdown.'
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

yes enzo is fighting mckenzie on clev undercard and if he impresses in that one i think he will get cleverly. just goes to show that warren considers cleverly an accident waiting to happen so hes matching him easily. least if he loses to enzo warren keeps the belt

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:39 pm

Enzo is fighting Mckenzie, pretty sure Mckenzie could win that by KO. Considering Enzo was on queer street against Mcphilbin.

He hasn't got it any more and I hope he retires before he gets seriously hurt.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

He will get knocked out by Mckenzie I think, I really do see nothing but trouble for him in that one. Does he need the moneY? Seems one of the most pointless continuations of a career for some time. I mean he has been brutally knocked out 4 times and shown no punch resistence versus his last opponent, who was supposed ot be just that, an opponent

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:26 am

McPhilbin nearly had him out with a jab, Mckenzie lands and its over. That being said Enzo could KO him, Clev has next to no power but I think its enough to KO Enzo, who K can't see outboxing Clev.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down