The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED

+11
Morgannwg
Feckless Rogue
Triangulation
LeinsterFan4life
Golden
asoreleftshoulder
SecretFly
Sin é
clivemcl
GunsGerms
brennomac
15 posters

Go down

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Empty Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED

Post by brennomac Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh Dear God - quote from Kidney in papers today - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run".

No backs coach, no Joe Schmidt to run the backs says our Deccie: "I'll r take responsiibility for everything that happens...I'm really fortunate to have the quality of men with me"

as Private Fraser used to say "We're doooooooooomed", and will fight Italy for the wooden spoon

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Empty Re: Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED

Post by GunsGerms Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I have respect for Kidney for coming out and saying that the buck stops with him, he also isnt afraid to shoulder blame when it comes his way unlike EO'S.

Unfortunately Kidney's methods despite all his strengths arent working so he should be let go.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Empty Re: Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED

Post by clivemcl Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Well thats last chance saloon. If you come out and say "I'll take responsibility" and then we contunue to play poorly, the ball is in the IRFU's court to
either say
"Kidney you're fired!"
or
"Hi, we are Ireland, we are just an average Rugby union side doing as well as anyone can expect, sometimes we re lucky enough to beat Wales. Thats nice."

If we lose heavily to SA, or lose to Argentina, he should get serious heat from the press.

If we lose any more than two games in 6N, he has to go.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm

clivemcl wrote:

Or the guy who is holding the purse strings in the IRFU!

I don't think Kidney is the kind of bloke who would come out and say, "well actually we have tried to replace the part-time Gaffney, but no one of any calibre wants a part-time job. We thought of Joe Schmidt, but he has enough on his plate as Head Coach, Backs Coach & Defence Coach at Leinster. So, we're stuck with Les Kiss & Marc Tainton double jobbing until their contracts are up."

By the way, it cost the English RU £60,000 to buy out Mike Catt's contract from London Irish - enough to pay for Two Rugby Dev. officers for a year.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Sin é wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

I don't think Kidney is the kind of bloke who would come out and say, "well actually we have tried to replace the part-time Gaffney, but no one of any calibre wants a part-time job. We thought of Joe Schmidt, but he has enough on his plate as Head Coach, Backs Coach & Defence Coach at Leinster. So, we're stuck with Les Kiss & Marc Tainton double jobbing until their contracts are up."

By the way, it cost the English RU £60,000 to buy out Mike Catt's contract from London Irish - enough to pay for Two Rugby Dev. officers for a year.

Why have two when one of them could double-job?.................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Sin é wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

Why do you believe your opinion on what Kidney would say is somehow more applicable than the actual words that came from his mouth.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Rugby10

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm

clivemcl wrote:

Isnt he gone after the 6 nations anyway?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 pm

http://kidneyclock.net/

Right so going by this his contract is up in the last weeks of may. Why would they IRFU give him right up to before the June tests?? why doesnt his contract finish up right after the 6 nations considering there is no more games til the summer?

It doesnt give his replacement much time for preparation does it?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm

clivemcl wrote:Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Rugby10

Its very small. Can't see what it says.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

Why do you believe your opinion on what Kidney would say is somehow more applicable than the actual words that came from his mouth.

So you think that people always say what they mean and mean what they say Laugh
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm

You always insist you say what you mean and mean what you say, Sin é......................................... or are you now admitting that you sometimes pretend to support a lost cause just for the argumentative fun of it all???? Huh, Sin é? Is you always a truthful man???? Wink

Anyway, enough of this nonsense - I now put before you all a solution that might work............. let's do a swap. Since neither coach is willing to go let's at least try out a swap. Trapp comes to rugby and Deccie tries his hand at football? It might work, as the football lads love kicking for position to the side lines and the rugby lads like to kick everything Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:You always insist you say what you mean and mean what you say, Sin é......................................... or are you now admitting that you sometimes pretend to support a lost cause just for the argumentative fun of it all???? Huh, Sin é? Is you always a truthful man???? Wink

Anyway, enough of this nonsense - I now put before you all a solution that might work............. let's do a swap. Since neither coach is willing to go let's at least try out a swap. Trapp comes to rugby and Deccie tries his hand at football? It might work, as the football lads love kicking for position to the side lines and the rugby lads like to kick everything Wink
If we had trap as our manager, we would have guys from the RFU championship playing in the team. Guys like mckinney and eamonn sheridan would be regular starters. Shocked

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm

[quote="LeinsterFan4life"]
SecretFly wrote:You always insist you say what you mean and mean what you say, Sin é......................................... or are you now admitting that you sometimes pretend to support a lost cause just for the argumentative fun of it all???? Huh, Sin é? Is you always a truthful man???? Wink

If we had trap as our manager, we would have guys from the RFU championship playing in the team. . Shocked

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, I hope you don't always mean what you post here - if you do, we should be sending for the men in the white coats Whistle Hug

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

The men in white coats give me the creeps. No, I try to keep well away from those lads ....here where I hide in the comfort of my padded cell Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:27 pm

brennomac wrote:Oh Dear God - quote from Kidney in papers today - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run".

No backs coach, no Joe Schmidt to run the backs says our Deccie: "I'll r take responsiibility for everything that happens...I'm really fortunate to have the quality of men with me"

as Private Fraser used to say "We're doooooooooomed", and will fight Italy for the wooden spoon

Not as doomed as us old boy. Not as doooooooooooooooomed as us. Take that age old celtic consolation.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Sin é wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

So you think that people always say what they mean and mean what they say Laugh

Try answering my question,why is your made up quote of what Kidney is thinking more applicable than his actual words.

You often quote pundits and players to back up your arguments,I'll remind you of this next time you try it.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Just said he and his coaches are going to try and turn it around this year and if they don't they're finished. Which is an honest assessment.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

The team is too good to finish lower than third/fourth. I think you stand a good chance of beating Eng and Fra at home. Hopefully you at least beat the French.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 pm

As has been the case in the last 40 years. When Munster rugby aren't doing well Irish rugby doesn't do well. It is clearly illustrated over the first decade of this century with the team being Munster plus BOD for most of it with the odd a.n. Other thrown in due to injury. It doesn't matter what coach/manager is there coz without the previous stalwarts, we have a lot of decent players and that's about it.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry it was tiny - my bad!

Kidney - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run" - WE'RE DOOMED Rugby11

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 am

I think the transformation at Ulster under Anscombe shows us two things.

You can't simply say that a player is of a certain level of quality and that is pre-defined. Look at how many players have upped their game. Players who were squad filler are suddenly more than decent.

Secondly you have to say that players abilities are in someway linked with the coach. Unless its a conincidence that many players at Ulster have just decided to be better players at the same time we got a new coach? I doubt it.

What does this lesson mean for Ireland?

A) A player playing below par in a below par club under a below par coach won't necessarily be below par internationally. And vice-verca.

B) If players don't perform for the international team, the coach HAS SOME PART IN THAT.

Personally speaking I think the Ireland team's problem is relational. I think some players don't get on well with kidney or with each other.

For example I always deduced (from on-field bust ups) that Trimble and BOD rubbed each other the wrong way, and recently I've had that theory validated by a friend of a friend.

A coach has to be a people manager, and create a healthy atmosphere. I don't think Kidney is doing this, and perhaps never did.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

I think this Six Nations is going to be a really humbling experience. Lose to Wales and the momentum will only go one way. This will be the year that Italy finally take our scalp. I have never felt quite so negative about any Irish team and there have been teams a hell of a lot worse than this one.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Clive, the passing of Nevin Spence could have had as much a profound effect on the Ulster team as the arrival of Anscombe (life is short, make the best of it), not to mention 'lets do it to honour Nevin's memory'.

How can you blame Kidney for BOD & Trimble having a personality clash/not liking each other/getting on (or whatever it seems to be)? You can't make everyone get on with each other.

The one thing you do hear coming from the players that Kidney's camps are happy camps (bearing in mind that it can be hard going being on the road away from home for weeks on end). I seem to remember reading that Declan Fitzpatrick saying he had a ball on the tour to NZ and wants more. Something similar could have happened to Paul Marshall. Rory Best said in a recent interview that his first tour with Ireland in 2006 opened his eyes as to how much work he had to do to become a top player.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:I think this Six Nations is going to be a really humbling experience. Lose to Wales and the momentum will only go one way. This will be the year that Italy finally take our scalp. I have never felt quite so negative about any Irish team and there have been teams a hell of a lot worse than this one.

We lost to Wales at home last season and still managed to get a few wins. Ireland will be the underdogs going to the Millenium. The big game will be England at home.

Hope POC & BOD are fit and playing well for that one and that Ross either lasts the game or Declan Fitzpatrick is not injured again.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Sin E, remind me again, what you think the problem is, if it's not kidney? You think the players just don't care?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:36 pm

You'll beat us at home. You always do. Stop crying so much you lot. We're more doomed than you.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Triangulation wrote:You'll beat us at home. You always do. Stop crying so much you lot. We're more doomed than you.

Tri....you do keep trying. You tried last year too and it paid off with a lovely win. We're the underdogs! We have copyright on that stuff - play the down card again and we'll sue you Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm

clivemcl wrote:Sin E, remind me again, what you think the problem is, if it's not kidney? You think the players just don't care?

Apart from most the top players getting old, Ireland (during the last 6Ns) were hard hit with injuries to some key players. BOD, Earls* (for Wales game) & POC being key ones. Mike Ross getting injured in the England game was disastrous.

Alan Quinlan wrote an article in the Irish Times last year about playing international rugby. He said players find it very difficult because they are taken out of their comfort zone and their familiar routine. Some players react better than others.

*Fergus McFadden was 3rd choice outside centre and had not played at 13 that season.

If Trimble & BOD don't get on, what do you think a coach could do to get them to get on?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Sin é wrote:
Alan Quinlan wrote an article in the Irish Times last year about playing international rugby. He said players find it very difficult because they are taken out of their comfort zone and their familiar routine. Some players react better than others.

Nothing Quinlan said was unique to Irish players. Players in all countries have comfort zones that they move from and to. They're professionals and get on with it. Irish players aren't especially sensitive to the condition of being away from norms. Plus - wasn't the idea put forward that Ireland is that 'comfort zone' for players who like getting in there because Declan and crew have a happy camp?

But on the topic of players not getting along I agree with you. They're adults and shouldn't need a coach to intercede to tell them to shake hands and forget about it. I also heard recently that Declan didn't exactly see eye to eye with McGahan as Munster coach??? So players don't get on, and coaches don't necessarily get on. That's life and it's negated as an issue because all nations will have those issues.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Sin é wrote:
clivemcl wrote:Sin E, remind me again, what you think the problem is, if it's not kidney? You think the players just don't care?

Apart from most the top players getting old, Ireland (during the last 6Ns) were hard hit with injuries to some key players. BOD, Earls* (for Wales game) & POC being key ones. Mike Ross getting injured in the England game was disastrous.

*Fergus McFadden was 3rd choice outside centre and had not played at 13 that season.

If Trimble & BOD don't get on, what do you think a coach could do to get them to get on?

chin I've always said that BOD should have passed to Trimble when he scored his record breaking Try against England in 2011. Now I know why he didn't Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

I think the Irish situation is a bit different. Most players have not ventured outside their own province/home are one club players where most have achieved a good deal of success.

Just for the record, Trimble seems to get on well with some of the Munster lads on twitter (ROG for one, who is very pally with BOD - so there must be no ganging up anyway Wink ).

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

brennomac wrote:Oh Dear God - quote from Kidney in papers today - "I'll run the shop and it will be the way I want it run".

retail is where he belongs...knows feck all about rugby

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down