The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be the mega fight in 5 years?

+6
mobilemaster8
alanqlm
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
crispears1
10 posters

Go down

What will be the mega fight in 5 years? Empty What will be the mega fight in 5 years?

Post by crispears1 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

With pac man and floyd having acted like a pair of immature schoolboy football captains squabbling over rules and regs until the lunch bell rang without the game getting started much to the dismay of the other kids Ie. the public. We can only lament on what could have been and move forward to the future. Which two fighters do you think will be at the pinnacle of the sport and on verge of a mega fight clash for p4p supremacy in five years?

Andre Ward vs Saul alvarez?

Ideas

crispears1

Back to top Go down

What will be the mega fight in 5 years? Empty Re: What will be the mega fight in 5 years?

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

Not sure Alvarez is quite good enough to ever be in a position whereby he'd be one of the combatants in THE biggest fight in boxing, though I'm sure he'll remain a big name in his own right for a good few years yet.

Donaire has one hell of a fan base, and is still just about young enough to be having successful title runs in another five years time. Him against Gary Russell Jr, once the latter has picked up a world title or two and established himself as a major star? That would depend, of course, on Donaire being able to move up at least one more division, but he still looks in pretty fine fettle at Super-Bantam, so I won't totally rule it out.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

What will be the mega fight in 5 years? Empty Re: What will be the mega fight in 5 years?

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:13 pm

Donaire is really not drawing big crowds in America Chris, he isn't even the main attraction in his next fight which is against the number 1 SBW and a guy with a fair claim at being a top ten P4Per. Brandon Rios against Alvarado (To be fair that is a tad bit of a mouthwatering slugfest) is.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

Huge in the Phillipines, mind.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

True Alex, but with Pacquiao still around he'll always be in the shadows to some extent. Within the next 18 months, once Manny has been ushered out, I'd expect there to be a big drive in the promotion of Donaire.

He may not be American, which always helps of course, but who from across the pond could become a genuine megastar? Bradley? Alexander? Mitchell? It's hard to say. Thing will change so much in the next half decade, I imagine there's a good chance that most of the comments on this article will be looking a little silly by then!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

I doubt there will be one as obvious or as big as Pacquaio/Mayweather. The two biggest draws by far, both top of the pound for pound rakings and in or around the same division. Highly unlikely something of that magnitude occurs again soon I think.

If I had to select to someone involved at the moment it would probably be Alvarez. In 5 years he will theoreticaly be entering his peak, as long as he keeps winning he will become huge with TV networks and fanbases. He could be like a watered down de la Hoya in some ways where every fight he is involved in will sell. Not really sure about an opponent. Ward would probably be up at light heavyweight then or even retired. Not sure if Alvarez could go up that far. Some kind of fellow Peurto Rican or Mexican like Cotto a few years back could be really big. Of the opponents out there now maybe Golovkin if he could become big in the U.S.A?

Really hard to say but I doubt it will be of the same magnitude as Mayweather/Pacquiao could and would have been.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:35 am

What about Adrien Broner? Seems to be being groomed to take over Maweathers mantel and some good young nmes in his potential weight class, will probably be at Welter in 5 years times as a 4 weight world champion.

Possibly against the like f Lucas Mattyhsse,Brandom Rios or less likely Danny Garcia if they can keep winning.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:50 am

Broner is talented and looks to have the kind of physique to move around several divisions. Im not sold on his attitude though. I wonder what his dedication and mentality is like. It seems a bit questionable. Mayweather talked alot trash but he was 100% dedicated and serious about his sport to go along with his natural ability. Broner might not have enough of that from what I have seen so far. I wonder if it might cost him down the line when the challenges get tougher and the work gets harder.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

Danny Garcia is absolute garbage IMO so he wont be in ANY major fights in the next 5 years. Broner should be id imagine. Maybe against the likes of Matthyse (certainly not that Brandon Rios, who again, is aweful (watch Rios vs Abril)).

Id hazard to guess that Saul Alvarez will be the "One to Beat" in 5 years time. He will be reaching 26-28, hitting his peak. Who will be around to fight him though??

Andre Ward? Wont he be in his late 30's?

A good fight in the next couple of years or so would be Frampton vs Donaire

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartley Gorman Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:25 am

No fighter/s on the horizon give me any reason to believe that we will see a fight, the magnitude of Mayweather v Pacquiao for the foreseeable future.

However, having said that, if Mayweather v Pacquiao had taken place when both were at the peak of their powers, it would have been the biggest fight since Leonard v Hearns 1.

Fights like these, come along every 20-30 years. Just too bad that we were robbed of ours.

We need some young kid to come into the pros and just WOW us. Broner looks to have the potential but we are yet to see him fight at the very top level so the jury is still out.

Bartley Gorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 5:53 pm

Anthony Joshua v Audley Harrison

LAST CHANCE SALOON

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 6:04 pm

donaire vs lomachenko (double gold medalist)

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:11 pm

re Mobilemaster 8

Ward is only 28. He could easily be at the top of his game in 5 years!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down