The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester?

+9
SecretFly
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
HERSH
Dubbelyew L Overate
Morgannwg
thebluesmancometh
Pot Hale
13 posters

Go down

Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester? Empty Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester?

Post by Pot Hale Sat 29 Sep 2012, 6:48 pm

Well did they?

I believe they didn't care whether they won or not.

IMO it needs to be looked at by the Aviva league and action taken if they feel they threw the game away.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester? Empty Re: Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester?

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 29 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

Yahoo

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester? Empty Re: Did Exeter throw the game on Saturday vs Leicester?

Post by Morgannwg Sat 29 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

Yeah, that was such an average team they put out. This just highlights the weakness of the teams in Aviva Prem for me.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

Well, we were going to keep our best players wrapped in cotton wool ready for Leinster, but after last night we decided we didn't need to. We'll be bringing our reserves to RDS - after all, we've an important game against Bath in 4 weeks. Wink Chief

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:Well, we were going to keep our best players wrapped in cotton wool ready for Leinster, but after last night we decided we didn't need to. We'll be bringing our reserves to RDS - after all, we've an important game against Bath in 4 weeks. Wink Chief

drumroll Tish!
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:36 am

Shocking article, Mods sort these wums/Trolls out.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:06 am

Just reading the Report on BBC of the Bath vs Sale match I watched at the REC yesterday.. It was a bit odd how Bath ascended so easily over what was a pretty good Sale team. But this Sale side really don't want to play any rugby... Its almost like they were throwing the game...!

Read the article yourselves and you'll see comments like the ones i have highlighted below.

"Sale were full of endeavour but lacked a genuine attacking threat" might ask for my money back on my Bath RFC season ticket if this sort of shenanigans continues.

"Sale shot themselves in the foot"

"Macleod, then missed a second attempt at goal in the run up to half time"

I decided it must be due to betting on the game because the odds would have changed when. "Macleod missed an early shot at goal, slotted two penalties in quick succession."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:25 am

If you believe that Sale are involved in match fixing for betting reasons you have duty to report it to the authorities.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

HammerofThunor wrote:If you believe that Sale are involved in match fixing for betting reasons you have duty to report it to the authorities.

HT do you seriously think any of these accusations of match fixing genuine????

I thought it was some new abstract joke we had going which had made me laugh a number of times because it is such a ridiculous claim to make. Generally made at the expense of a team HERSH dislikes by HERSH.

I am amazed that you actually thought anyone thinks these games are fixed?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:33 am

MM,

It is difficult in a text environment to know if someone is making a joke. Certainly when you said :

I decided it must be due to betting on the game because the odds would have changed when. "Macleod missed an early shot at goal, slotted two penalties in quick succession."

.... it was not obvious.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

LondonTiger wrote:MM,

It is difficult in a text environment to know if someone is making a joke. Certainly when you said :

.... it was not obvious.

REALLY LT...?

I am very surprised you said that, not so surprised that HT did, I have always considered you a bright poster.

I thought in the Context that this is one of a repeated number of threads HERSH has started on teams like Leinster or Exeter etc etc etc "Throwing Matches" that was pretty damn obvious....?

I guess if I had chosen to add some silly smilie face thing or abbreviated "LOLSPEAK" rubbish next to it then the sentiment might be more self explanatory. But that type of stuff annoy's the hell out of me and I haven't a clue what 99% of them mean. I am of pensionable age not pubescent.

If I were to seriously think that something so dastardly as match fixing was occurring in any part of Rugby, you can be pretty damn sure I would start a topic about it and not write such a repost to an obvious repeat WUM that HERSH had used to try to annoy other members of 606V2 with.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 30 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

Throwing games and cottonwool????????????????

Yous lads are picking up bad habits. Stop looking at the Cryogenic Suspension League!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 30 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

REALLY LT...?

I am very surprised you said that, I have always considered you a bright poster.

That was your first mistake Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 30 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

Hammer and LT got WUMMED.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 30 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

REALLY LT...?

I am very surprised you said that, I have always considered you a bright poster.

That was your first mistake Very Happy

Ha ha ha...!

Well better to be naively presumptuous of your intelligence than consider you a buffoon mate...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:00 pm

any way back on topic......

Is Gregor Townsend now on the run having failed to throw the game against Zebre?

Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

Northampton, Harlequins and Bath all lose, the week before the Heineken Cup.

Weakened teams possibly?

Did they throw these games?

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolTaff Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

Sort the trolls out?

Is HERSH trying to get himself banned?

BristolTaff

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:33 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Northampton, Harlequins and Bath all lose, the week before the Heineken Cup.

Weakened teams possibly?

The main question is the highlighted part. If so the AP is a Mickey Mouse league that isn't taken seriously and they should have less qualifying spots for the HEC so their league can be more competitive! Laugh
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Northampton, Harlequins and Bath all lose, the week before the Heineken Cup.

Weakened teams possibly?

As a Saints fan, clearly I can only speak for Saints. They don't throw out deliberately understrength teams, thereby sacrificing games. Full stop.

Maybe that's why they lost to Leinster in the Heineken Cup final a couple of years ago - the regulars needed rest.

Today Saints got stuffed with the best they could field. Foden out injured. Hartely out injured. George Pisi injured. Lawes still recovering. Wood still recovering. Cripe this is silly stuff, getting less worthy of the term 'adult' by the day.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Cripes, this is silly stuff, getting less worthy of the term 'adult' by the day.

Good call. I couldn't agree more. Maybe re-use this quote the next time another less than 'adult' thread appears on this topic.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:51 pm

The answer in short is NO. However we did rest at least two players with very close equivalents taking their place against Quins- and we won

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

Asbo,

I bought Budgie a hog roast bap, two mince and onion pies, a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and a bottle of rola cola before last week's match. He promised to have a word with the boys Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Asbo,

I bought Budgie a hog roast bap, two mince and onion pies, a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and a bottle of rola cola before last week's match............
Ah, just a small snack for the esteemed Mr. Budgen. You should feed him more. Don't want him losing weight, do we?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:13 pm

He had just finished second lunch, so this was a pre-afternoon tea appetiser.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:24 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Cripes, this is silly stuff, getting less worthy of the term 'adult' by the day.

Good call. I couldn't agree more. Maybe re-use this quote the next time another less than 'adult' thread appears on this topic.
Not having on at you mate. Apologies if I came across that way. But the whole 'my league is better than your league' stuff drives me nuts. I usually don't ever post when threads go that way. Brings out all the anti- stuff: anti-English, anti-Welsh, anti-Irish. Thinly veiled or open. Fortunately no one appears to be having a dig at the Scots (at the moment).

Simply put, the leagues have different purposes, are certainly different types of businesses, and operate differently. They are managed differently and have completely different types of owners/stakeholders.
Is relegation a factor in the English league? Yes.
Can franchises and regions keep full control their players? No
Is one system better than the other? Depends what you want the teams/leagues to do.

One could make a very solid argument that clubs should only play clubs, and regions/franchises should only play other regions/franchises. But that would leave us with no European Cup. And, despite the structural flaws of clubs and regions/franchises mixing, is 100% better than having nothing.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm

LT
fantastic.....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down