The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good?

+5
nasisillmatic
dyrewolfe
Critical_mass
Bentyf1
nadeem2099
9 posters

Go down

Should Michael Schumacher retire for good?

POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Vote_lcap31%POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Vote_lcap69%POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 13

POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Empty POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good?

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

The former world champion will be without a team at the end of the season.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Empty Re: POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good?

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:The former world champion will be without a team at the end of the season.

I'm not sure that statement is correct. He said himself that he's keeping his options open. Of course it's looking more likely he will retire but don't rule out a surprise move back to Ferrari as a stop-gap before Vettel possibly joins in 2014 or even a rumoured move to Sauber. I would be surprised if he took the advisory role at Mercedes because he did that at Ferrari and he got bored, hence the comeback.

Back to top Go down

POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good? Empty Re: POLL - Should Michael Schumacher retire for good?

Post by Bentyf1 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

Well apparently Sauber are interested in his services.

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined them for a few more years yet and who knows maybe smaller, family environment will be more beneficial for him so he can enjoy the last years of his iconic career. I think his passion and commitment cannot be questioned as how may world champions do you see going to Mangy - Cours on a Chilly Wednesday afternoon watching the team try out new upgrades. Don't sound like a guy that want's to hang up his helmet soon.. Whistle

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 02 Oct 2012, 9:27 am

Does retiring take into account being an advisor in some capacity within a team?

Id like to see him go to another team to see how he compares. Its hard to say whether its him or the Merc, when it comes to could he do better.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:36 am

he'd have to be a first team driver for any team. He is a great driver but has been outperformed by his teammate Rosberg for the past 2 seasons so I doubt he could do better. Most of the retirements he has suffered are self inflicted and unless he changes his driving style, be it to a less aggressive mentality, the same problems will occur in a different team aswell imo.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 03 Oct 2012, 1:24 pm

I didn't pick either option.

He won't enjoy any further success as a driver, but I believe he can still be a valuable asset to any team, be it in a test/development role, or as an ambassador, or mentor to young drivers.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 03 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:I didn't pick either option.

He won't enjoy any further success as a driver, but I believe he can still be a valuable asset to any team, be it in a test/development role, or as an ambassador, or mentor to young drivers.

Exactly what i said. Needs to be another option.

Either that or change the question to more suit the answers.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 03 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

As a massive Schumacher fanboy, the last 3 seasons have been pretty grim to watch.

I was convinced upon his return that he would win at least 1 race, how wrong was I. The force that was once Michael Schumacher has gone, so from a selfish point of view I would rather he retire again.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 03 Oct 2012, 6:25 pm

I was never a Schumacher fan as from when i started watching in 2001 he just won all the time and not just win, it was usually by half a minute. Since he's came back though i've became more of a fan more probably because he's shown he's human, he's at least ten years past his prime but does still perform to a pretty good level much of the time. Watching him the last 3 years i wish he hadn't came back as he hasn't shown the new fans of F1 how good he once was, believe me in his prime Schumacher had absolutely no peer.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:44 am

i would love to see shumi back in a ferrari one last time

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:06 am

Well literally just heard now on the radio that Schumacher will be retiring.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19826983

Aye hes gone. Makes sense really, no point tarnishing his reputation further in a car that cant compete.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm

Yeah alot of talk on PlanetF1 that Schumacher will go to Ferrari. Personally, i v much doubt it, thats it for him... for at least driving anyway.

Also cant see Kubica coming back to F1 at all, let alone by 2014. Are Ferrari going to keep doign 1 year deals until he returns?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Yeah alot of talk on PlanetF1 that Schumacher will go to Ferrari. Personally, i v much doubt it, thats it for him... for at least driving anyway.

Also cant see Kubica coming back to F1 at all, let alone by 2014. Are Ferrari going to keep doign 1 year deals until he returns?

It's one way to keep Massa motivated Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:53 pm

Yeah i can see Massa actually being ok with that lol

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:51 pm

Farewell once again GOAT

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down