The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather.

+19
WelshDevilRob
Heavyweight Stu
AlexHuckerby
huw
Rowley
Enforcer
Imperial Ghosty
coxy0001
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Lumbering_Jack
samevans1
eddyfightfan
Liam_Main
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather. Empty Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-guerrero-ill-fight-anyone-140-147-pounds--38230

Was very impressed by Guerrero performance against Katsidis and even though he has come up from featherweight he looked huge at lightweight.

He is now saying he will fight anyone at 140 or 147lbs but Marquez, Pacquiao and Mayweather at the top of his list.

How do you think he will do against these 3?

His mind has not been on boxing for the last couple of years, infact boxing came last because of his wife's leukemia but now focused we could see him develop into a superstar in the sport.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather. Empty Re: Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

Maybe beats Marquez.

Gets tore apart by the other 2.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather. Empty Re: Guerrero Calls out Marquez Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:54 pm

Half a chance vs Marquez (depending on how much JMM has slowed down), and next to no chance against the other two.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:57 pm

It was a great performance by the Ghost but I need to see him in a couple more fights before throwing him with the above.

Guerrero was made for Kats and he couldn't miss all day long. So we know he can dealt with the come forward easy to hit pressure fighter. But throwing him in woth the above would result in defeat. Even against an aging JMM

Last edited by Soldier_Of _Fortune on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:59 pm

Beats Marquez easily for me. Provides an awkward customer for the other two.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:It was a great performance by the Ghost but I need to see him in a couple more fights before throwing him with the above.

Guerrero was made for Kats and he couldn't miss all day long. So we know he can dealt with the come forward easy to hit pressure fighter. But throwing him in woth the above would result in defeat. Even against an aging JMM

Yeah his movement and southpaw stance with constants jab, Kats never really had a chance. He looks like a very tricky fighter to face.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:21 pm

Will likely beat and aging Marquez but barely stands a chance against Pacquaio and Mayweather.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:39 pm

think he is only likely to get a matchup with marquez. think mannys camp wouldn't take this match on as he would be expected to win and after his next fight a more proven opponent seem more likely. and personally i dont expect mayweather to fight again

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:35 pm

He has a shot at Marquez; pretty even.

Doesn't have a prayer against Pacquaio or Mayweather. They both spank him like they were his daddy.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:38 pm

He beats Marquez and Manny for me.

Floyds takes him to school.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

Beats Manny? Nah.

There is no way he wins against him for me.

Everything Guerrrero does; Manny does better.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:59 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:So we know he can dealt with the come forward easy to hit pressure fighter.

So he should beat manny then...

How many fighters around the 135-160 weight range have a good win then start making noise about fighting manny and/or floyd?? I can think of khan, martinez, marquez, bradley, guerrero and berto quickly. Mayweather would school Guerrero at this stage, Pacquiao would destroy him. He's earned a crack at Marquez and its a fight I'd like to see, but I'd back Marquez. Guerrero is a very good fighter, but he needs more than a win over Katsidas to prove his world level credentials - Casamayor and Diaz beat Katsidas too and Marquez knocked them both out, as well as stopping Kats himself. After giving up a few years of his career Geurrero is rightly trying to talk himself into the big fight big money scene, but he shouldn't get ahead of himself, there's good fights for him at lightweight and 140lb. Rios, Judah, maybe even Maidana are all viable.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:35 pm

Don't see him getting past Marquez. Obviously he is going to call for these fights they are the top fighters and he will make more money. Think he's Marquez's mandatory but he is supposed to be stepping up to 140 to take on Judah. Would like to see Guerrero take on Rios. Kats was perfect for Guerrero but I think Rios who is similar in some ways to Kats is better than Kats so it would be a good fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Wonder if i call out Bernard Hopkins Drivel4 will make an announcement

Simple fact is every guy from 135-160 is making noises - do we have to/do we WANT TO hear about it?

Nope, because most of us have already read it.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:40 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Wonder if i call out Bernard Hopkins D4 will make an announcement

laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:55 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Wonder if i call out Bernard Hopkins Drivel4 will make an announcement

Simple fact is every guy from 135-160 is making noises - do we have to/do we WANT TO hear about it?

Maybe you can do a weekend review yet again where you tell everyone what they already know. 🤦

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:59 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Wonder if i call out Bernard Hopkins Drivel4 will make an announcement

Maybe you can do a weekend review yet again where you tell everyone what they already know. 🤦

Touché!
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:05 pm

It's a review.

I never make out i'm passing on some sort of breaking news. And the way it's worded is that it invites people to comment on what they thought of the fights.

I don't write things in black and white, there's my own spin on each fight which in turn creates a debate.

You "inform" like it's breaking news or something, i create a debate by offering a very opinionated article. And i don't post reviews that only involve one fighter either

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:08 pm

coxy0001 wrote:It's a review.

I never make out i'm passing on some sort of breaking news. And the way it's worded is that it invites people to comment on what they thought of the fights.

I don't write things in black and white, there's my own spin on each fight which in turn creates a debate.

You "inform" like it's breaking news or something, i create a debate by offering a very opinionated article. And i don't post reviews that only involve one fighter either

Believe or not most people on the forum are boxing fans and watch boxing, you mind as well tell us it Monday. Very tedious but that what I expect from you. But glad to see you back to doing your number one love now.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

If it's good enough for the Ring to review the weekend then it's good enough for me. I'm not INFORMING people of anything - THE CLUE IS IN THE TITLE - REVIEW

I give my own take on what i saw. That in turn creates debate as i may have said the Juanma stoppage was bang on - others may view it differently etc.

And if you ask every member here who's tedious out of me and you do you really think they'd say me? Because the amount of abuse and vitriol you get is pretty amusing.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:23 pm

My #1 hobby is currently long distance bike rides.

Sadly it's dark though so i'm having to make do with freelance

And as for the article - Guerrero should face JMM. End of.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:26 pm

Anyone spot the irony with D4 calling people tedious and saying they are hijacking threads.

Dear o dear.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:30 pm

coxy0001 wrote:That in turn creates debate as i may have said the Juanma stoppage was bang on - others may view it differently etc.

Just to try and take this thread in a different direction than most end up going. Coxy I like the reviews keep them coming although you will be hard pushed for one this weekend not much happening.
I felt Juanma shouldn't have been stopped he looked like he was steady after getting through a wobble and was fighting back and landed a couple.
Getting back to topic Guerrero would be daft if he didn't want to fight these guys he's lost a bit of his career and will be in a rush to get big fights. Would rather see him fight Rios than Marquez. Think Marquez might try and stay away from him as well because he wants the Pac fight and knows a defeat would end any chance of it happening.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:33 pm

coxy0001 wrote:My #1 hobby is currently long distance bike rides.

What sort of distance biking do you do coxy?

I'm looking at entering an Iron Man triathlon within the next year, am fine with the swimming (2.4m) and the marathon, but am a relatively inexperienced cyclist. Any tips or advice on what bikes are best?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

Cycling is fantastic, although the type of bike you need will depend on your terrain??

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm

Marquez is the number 1 in the division and Guerrero is the number 2. That the fight that should be made at lightweight.

But Guerrero will move up and move again, it will not surprise me to see him become a 5 weight world champion.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:38 pm

Maybe him and Khan can fight for the CW title in 5 years D4?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:39 pm

To be fair I didn't know about this till D4 posted it and Coxy I like your weekend reviews giving us your opinion on the fights.I enjoy both of your threads bit of debate with a bit of recent news thumbsup
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:44 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Cycling is fantastic, although the type of bike you need will depend on your terrain??

The terrain is likely to be tarmac and country lanes with a good amount of steep gradients as far as I understand.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Marquez is the number 1 in the division and Guerrero is the number 2. That the fight that should be made at lightweight.

But Guerrero will move up and move again, it will not surprise me to see him become a 5 weight world champion.

Guerrero should fight Rios first and if Marquez loses against Manny then fight him Marquez will still be number 2 at lightweight because he'll likely fight Manny at catchweight.Say Marquez lost against Guerrero he should surely then retire he's been in many wars and is getting on now.

I expect Guerreo to move up to LWW hes a big lightweight and tall and then maybe move up again too WW can't see him moving to middleweight doesn't really have the power for the middleweight division.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

I'm looking at entering an Iron Man triathlon within the next year, am fine with the swimming (2.4m) and the marathon, but am a relatively inexperienced cyclist. Any tips or advice on what bikes are best?

Currently doing about 20m per night or so, and i'll probably do a 50 at some point over the weekend. 20m is more fartlek, with the 50m being a more even pace.

And Iron Man for me is 2 years away, will do a few sprint distance tri's this year just to get used to the transitions etc as i've never done one. Idea of doing a marathon is dreadful enough, let alone at the end of 2 big endurance events prior to it.

As for the bike, depends on your budget really. I've only got an entry level frame, but it's got upgraded Shimano gears/brakes and a decent set of tyres. Which all in all cost about £600 or so. You can get the helmet and cycling apparel dead cheap off amazon as well

London tri is next year with the aim of 2hr40 or so.... and the marathon in Apr as well. Bearing in mind i can barely do 5k without my knees falling off it could be 'fun'

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Cycling is fantastic, although the type of bike you need will depend on your terrain??

The terrain is likely to be tarmac and country lanes with a good amount of steep gradients as far as I understand.

https://www.606v2.com/f30-cycling

thumbsup

Knockout yourselves out.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

https://www.606v2.com/f30-cycling

thumbsup

Knockout yourselves out.

There on about treks and stuff and a can barely read a bike lol.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

Sounds like you'll want a road bike. To be honest, a lot depends on your budget. Cannondale and Specialized I have always found to be fairly decent but if you want the best you can spend some real money on them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:56 pm

lumbering

Best bet is for SBS to buy an entry level frame and then upgrade the gears and rims/tyres from amazon, costs less than buying the bike whole with the stuff on.

I'd say gears and tyres are the most important. If the tyre is 5% under inflated you'll struggle, the same if you've got a crabby tyre/rim on there in the first place

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:08 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

Currently doing about 20m per night or so, and i'll probably do a 50 at some point over the weekend. 20m is more fartlek, with the 50m being a more even pace.

And Iron Man for me is 2 years away, will do a few sprint distance tri's this year just to get used to the transitions etc as i've never done one. Idea of doing a marathon is dreadful enough, let alone at the end of 2 big endurance events prior to it.

As for the bike, depends on your budget really. I've only got an entry level frame, but it's got upgraded Shimano gears/brakes and a decent set of tyres. Which all in all cost about £600 or so. You can get the helmet and cycling apparel dead cheap off amazon as well

London tri is next year with the aim of 2hr40 or so.... and the marathon in Apr as well. Bearing in mind i can barely do 5k without my knees falling off it could be 'fun'

Cheers coxy, nice advice. Will look at entry level frames and work from there. My uncle has a bike shop in Essex so I may tap him up for a trade deal!

I've done tri's before, done the marathon 6 times - ran it in 3hrs 5mins 2 years ago, couldn't do it this year due to business and family commitments. Didn't think it'd bother me til I watched it on tv and was gutted I wasn't there! At the moment I'm running 10k's 4 times a week and a half marathon most weekends, along with a bit of boxing training and swimming I've hit 8% body fat. However I turned 30 a couple of months ago so want to make the most of my physical prime by taking on a real challenge before I start coming down the other side of the hill - unfortunately I don't have Sugar Shanes reverse body clock Wink

Thanks for the advise.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:08 pm

Done a few iron mans in my time and their an absolute killer

The swimming I was decent at but tried saving as much energy for the cycle as I could where I normally made up a lot of time and then had a decent run which saw me fall back a bit.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:16 pm

As we speak the lass, who's just done the marathon, is now telling me she fancies a 50miler in a month.

Still, makes eating/drinking out that much cheaper! Smile

Not worried about the tri, still a strong swimmer. Just the marathon that fills me with fear as my knees are shot from keeping wicket

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:22 pm

Guys this thread is about Guerrero and his chances against the boxers he has called out. If you want to discuss cycling, please do it elsewhere.

If D4 wants to post a boxing article about someones statement he is perfectly entitled to and it generated good debate until it was derailled by others trying to score points.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:23 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Not worried about the tri, still a strong swimmer. Just the marathon that fills me with fear as my knees are shot from keeping wicket

Get yourself a decent pair of trainers from Up & Running mate, you'll notice the difference.

Right, gonna hit the hay now, tendering for a new project tomorrow and don't wanna be too bleary eyed!

Goodnight gents.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:37 pm

Guerrero would be daft if he didn't want to fight these guys he's lost a bit of his career and will be in a rush to get big fights. Would rather see him fight Rios than Marquez. Think Marquez might try and stay away from him as well because he wants the Pac fight and knows a defeat would end any chance of it happening.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:57 pm

Enforcer

He can't whinge when he's one of the main hijackers here. Ask your resident boxing mods what they think of him regarding that.

And i guess we shouldn't allow a late night conversation to derail what was a "wonderful" thread.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:04 am

I'm the one whinging. You're the one who drew my attention to this thread, don't be surprised that I'm keeping an eye on it.

Other people were discussing who beats who and you had a pop...after I told you there was nothing wrong with the original post.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:11 am

Enforcer

Point is the thread wasn't derailed intentionally, it was just regular posters who know each other having a discussion about a sentence that cropped up.

We didn't come on here with the purpose of hijacking it, like a certain poster does and is renowened for. Yes it went off topic for a few comments, but again regular posters chatting about a personal subject isn't exactly the be all end all.

But apologies anyway.

And back to the thread:

Guerrero should fight JMM. Or Rios. End of. At the end of the day he's a LW. By all means call out a 140lb'r, not sure what business he has calling out a guy 2 weight classes above him and i don't know why we should have to entertain the idea of him making such a call out. He's only done it for media exposure, along with most other decent divisional fighters around 135-160.

Happy?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:13 am

A seat on the naughty step for Coxy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

Just taken a dump on it

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:42 am

Only really seem him againts Kats and he was made too look so good in that fight he would have had a chance against anyone!

Would need to see how he'd cope againts a counter puncher to comment on the other two but think he'd be in with a chance against Manny (although Manny would be favourite).

He looked very accurate and seemed to have a good reach. Manny is not that hard to hit and it could be a war (he took Kat's harder punches very well) and a great fight.

Also anyone know anything about curling, interested if anyone has tips on the best type of broom Whistle

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:09 am

coxy0001 wrote:Just taken a dump on it

Clean up in Aisle 5!

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 20 Apr 2011, 12:41 pm

I could see him having Marquez possibly, but Manny and Floyd are in a different tier to him, no offence Guerrero you're good, but not that good...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Heavyweight Stu Wed 20 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

I think Guerrero loses to all 3 to be honest.

He looked good against Kats, but much as I admire Kats way of fighting and enjoy watching him fight, he's several notches below the ATG or HOF level of the other 3.

JMM - boxes Guerrero's head off
Pac - KO within 5
FMJ - Late stoppage or wide UD

I dont think Guerrero would land anything significant in any of these 3 fights. Fair play for him calling them out, a fight with any probably provides him with a decent pension fund.

Heavyweight Stu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next