The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again

+8
John Bloody Wayne
Boxtthis
lfc91
bellchees
Lumbering_Jack
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
12 posters

Go down

Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again Empty Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:04 am

At least he's won a fight in the 147 weight division before doing it this time.

Still thogh, I thought a limited boxer like Aydin got far too much success against him, and he looked to struggle a fair bit with the physicality of Aydin, who is a big 147lber. All in all it was a good gutsy performance, but his punches literally had no effect on Aydin, and he threw nearly 1000 of them. He also didn't look all too sharp, perhaps the long layoff affected this, but his punches didn't seem as sharp as usual against a guy who really was there to be hit all night, and he seemed to gas a fair bit towards the end.

Can Guerrero trouble Floyd? Hate to say it 'cos I like you Ghost, but I think you'd take a pasting.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again Empty Re: Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 am

To honest his jab seemed more pawed rather then thrown with venom like he did with Katsidis. Seem to have carried his speed up but he done nothing to suggest that he would do anything against Mayweather.

He does desevre a payday though, especially after everything that happened with his wife and putting his life on hold.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again Empty Re: Guerrero Calls Out Mayweather... Again

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 am

how about Guerro-Khan?? Be a pretty exciting match-up. How'd people see that going?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Khan UD.

Guerrero has some nice skills but dont think he'd cope with Khans attacks. He would tag Khan quite a lot but I dont think he has the power to put him away. Although with his chin nothing is certain.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 pm

I like Guerrero, he does everything well but isn't exception in any area, a very well rounded fighter. I think he has no business being at 147 and would get a bit of a pasting from Floyd but so do most people. Hopefully he can stay active as there are some good fights for him and he seems keen to fight anything that moves from 135 up to 147. Also I think he beats Khan at the moment, Guerrero is pretty smart, has a very good inside game and enough power to hurt Khan.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Somebody mentioned cesar rene cuenca on another thread. The may have only been joking but hes 42-0, has a high ranking on boxrec(i know not the best ranking system, and most importantly has only 1 knockout! Hes in khans division so would not be surprised at all if he was his next opponent.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Guerrero is excellent, but looked rusty after a long layoff. And I agree, he's not powerful at 147. He needs to go and fight 2 or 3 top guys before he can think about Mayweather. He's not deserving of the shot yet.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 pm

The jab often has less effect in a stance clash, but nothing he threw had any effect. He looked knackered towards the end too and wasn't especially elusive. I was surprised his feet were so flat.

On the other hand he never really looked like losing and didn't look like a guy who's ever fought below light welter, grown in well.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 pm

looks like guerrero is trying to fastrack to the big pay days. dont think his heart is in boxing anymore. hes a good fighter and seems smart to me. wouldnt trouble mayweather but would back him to beat khan

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Aydin banged him up a bit. Would not have a cat in hells chance v Mayweather.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't get why he deserves a shot at mayweather, his CV at lightweight wasn't anything special, katsidis was probably his best opponent and he wasn't as impressive as JMM. Aydin may be undefeated but has fought nobodies and got a gift against his opponent he fought before Guerrero in their first fight but I can't remember his name. He is one dimensional but hit Guerrero quite a lot. Mayweather is a quicker, stronger, ha s'more power and has a better skillet. Guerrero likes to be the boxer but he will lose the battle of the jabs vs maywetaher, something he has never experianced and will lose a comfortable UD

I would like to see him vs brook as both at the same postion IMO and I would pick brook to slightly edge him as brook can hurt Guerrero whereas Guerrero wot be able to hurt Kell

He needs an Ortiz, matthysse, khan, brook, Bradley, Alexander, malignaggi befor the has the right to call out floyd

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Great fight!!

How about Aydin v Brook? Would be another tough test for special K but definitely winnable.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Volcanicash wrote:Great fight!!

How about Aydin v Brook? Would be another tough test for special K but definitely winnable.

Not a bad idea, would definitely test brooks stamina and power but i see aydin in the same light as jones, pressure fighter but easily outboxed, of anything I rate jones higher than aydin

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Volcanicash wrote:Great fight!!

Not a bad idea, would definitely test brooks stamina and power but i see aydin in the same light as jones, pressure fighter but easily outboxed, of anything I rate jones higher than aydin

Absolutely agree, Aydin would bring a similar style to Jones which was a great fight for Brook, and I could see this being another good test to see if Brook can step up another notch or 2!! OK

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down