The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN!

+9
Rowley
All Time Great
TopHat24/7
BALTIMORA
ShahenshahG
hogey
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
Sugar Floyd Louis
13 posters

Go down

Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN! Empty Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN!

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9_of5uWhrs

Funny... I've never seen Manny call out Floyd like this, I only ever hear from his camp that he wants it.

Last edited by jay-z on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN! Empty Re: Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN!

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

I seen this earlier on ESB

Panny Poochio should man up and fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN! Empty Re: Mayweather calls out Manny - AGAIN!

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:29 pm

all well and good saying it but think he should push for the contract and make it very public that its him pushing for it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

Shame that when Manny wants to sit down and do business Floyd asks for such silly money that he knows the fight cant be made.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:35 pm

They should do contract negotiations in public. that way neither of em can lie their way out of an explanation as to why the best hasn't fought the best.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:40 pm

How the hell did fights ever get made before the internet?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

What's the point in calling out someone you have no intention of ever actually fighting?? More Mayweather mouth, borrrrrrrring......!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

My 100th post, and I put my house on it that Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be happening in May 2012.

Now that's a statement!

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

All Time Great wrote:My 100th post, and I put my house on it that Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be happening in May 2012.

Now that's a statement!

I've a spare room at mine if you're getting desperate come 2013 mate

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

i am getting a feeling that this time it may actually be on. seriously... just little things seem to be making sense now...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

I've been disappointed too many times to get my hopes up Alex. However you do wonder where either of them go next because there is nothing out there opponent wise that gets the pulse racing is there?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:46 pm

thats another thing i get a feeling theyve been clever thought to themselves if i lose to him then i dont generate as much interest or money so we both clear out the division make as much money as possible then cash in on the biggest fight possible. hope to god im right because for me this is the first time i can see it being made... dear god i can hope.

only thing is when floyd canes pac D4 will commit suicide

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:thats another thing i get a feeling theyve been clever thought to themselves if i lose to him then i dont generate as much interest or money so we both clear out the division make as much money as possible then cash in on the biggest fight possible. hope to god im right because for me this is the first time i can see it being made... dear god i can hope.

Rather OTT from you Alex. I'm sure D4 will Survive if he catches his partner playing domination games with someone else. He'll eat a little ice cream, waste some tissues and get his friends to send hate texts to Pac. A little bit of gloria gaynr and he'll be as good as new.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:thats another thing i get a feeling theyve been clever thought to themselves if i lose to him then i dont generate as much interest or money so we both clear out the division make as much money as possible then cash in on the biggest fight possible. hope to god im right because for me this is the first time i can see it being made... dear god i can hope.

Rather OTT from you Alex. I'm sure D4 will Survive if he catches his partner playing domination games with someone else. He'll eat a little ice cream, waste some tissues and get his friends to send hate texts to Pac. A little bit of gloria gaynr and he'll be as good as new.

i guess theres nothing that celine dion cant fix...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:02 pm

Well there is that weird looks she gives when she sings and looks up into the sky... looks like a zealot who has just had Communion with God.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:03 pm

I always thought that deep down D4 thought Floyd would beat Manny, genuinely think that is why he took so much pleasure in the fight not coming off, was petrified it would actually happen and Floyd would beat his idol.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

i think most feel nowadays floyd would win... but who would you want to win?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

rowley wrote:I always thought that deep down D4 thought Floyd would beat Manny, genuinely think that is why he took so much pleasure in the fight not coming off, was petrified it would actually happen and Floyd would beat his idol.
Wouldn't surprise me if Mayweather won in a fight that wasn't even particularly close.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

the way i think about it is in a similar way to hatton - tyszu...

hatton was realistically made for kostya with his style but he was just so overly aggressive and unbelievable that he couldnt handle it. thats the way i see it for pac he has to play rickys role if he wants to win...

otherwise hes gonna get picked off and systematically broken down by a straight right a jab whilst floyd slides away and a leaping in left hook likes to use when his opponents are smaller than him. hes got very little chance in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:25 pm

Think you're doing Manny a dis-service guys, he has the style to cause a heck of a lot of problems for Floyd, providing his legs are still there and he can keep up that phenomenal work rate of his. Floyd had his dodgy moment when Ortiz caught him on the ropes, though Ortiz didn't land much of note. If Manny can manoeuvre Floyd in to the same position then he may be able to do some damage with much faster handspeed than Ortiz.

Floyd by UD, 116-112, or 115-113 sort of region, but I wouldn't rule out Manny outworking him a la Duran Leonard 1.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:40 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Think you're doing Manny a dis-service guys, he has the style to cause a heck of a lot of problems for Floyd, providing his legs are still there and he can keep up that phenomenal work rate of his. Floyd had his dodgy moment when Ortiz caught him on the ropes, though Ortiz didn't land much of note. If Manny can manoeuvre Floyd in to the same position then he may be able to do some damage with much faster handspeed than Ortiz.

Floyd by UD, 116-112, or 115-113 sort of region, but I wouldn't rule out Manny outworking him a la Duran Leonard 1.

show me a punch that properly connects. its all mostly blocked ala the de la hoya fight.

make manny think and he doesnt know... floyd is a bigger quicker stronger and better JMM pac wont know what to do i reckon, morales showed how to beat him and floyd is the right man for the job... think floyd is all to aware of being outworked nowadays since de la hoya and dont see it being a factor personally... wide win in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

I didn't say he caught him much, but what he did do was stop Floyd firing back in those moments. A fighter with more quality and more speed than Ortiz, i.e Manny, may have more success. Not saying he will, but it's premature to say he won't, for sure.

Just think you're under-rating Manny a bit here.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

A fast, tough, powerful, volume punching southpaw with great foot movement is pure hell for Mayweather.

A slick, brainy, defensive master who takes no risks is hell for Pacquiao.

No result would surprise me can't really see it being easy for either man. I think Maywather gets but on a pedastal based on looking great in beating less than amazing fighters, he's very human.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:48 pm

Was a bit suprised Floyd chose May to fight again but i suppose Manny wouldn't fight much sooner than that either. If they didn't sign to fight anyone until after the year the fight could be made, probably being a little too optimistic though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

Fists - If he adopts his usual style of in and out - then he has only about 30% chance of winning because he is taking on Floyd in a timing game - His high workrate may help but Floyd does him silly in the timing stakes. Or he can charge down Floyd like Ndou and try to outhustle him - in which case his 30% drops down to about 10.

Floyd has every advantage barring workrate and power - although he is no slouch in either of those.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:50 pm

I don't think Mayweather can match Manny in footwork, personally.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:50 pm

Fists I didnt realise you was a Pactard

And you Alex, a Flomo

Laugh

Only joking fellas

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

Na - I thought that as well JBW but It seems to be a deliberate attempt to impose himself on his opponents. Think he is manouvering himself into a style with which he can stop Pacman in his tracks.

The increased use of the overhand right - The squarer stance, his increased aggression in spurts all seem to point towards a Disrupter type fighter - a bit like Hopkins who spoiled the fast punching calzaghe in a fight Calzaghe would have otherwise won comfortably. Floyd won't gas and he is fitter, fresher ad even more intelligent than the executioner.

I think what Mosely did to Margarito is whats going to happen to pac. Much promise and an easy win for Floyd and Floyds legacy questioned again with some new fan favourite.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

I can't see Mayweather having anywhere near the necessary speed advantage to make it look like Mosely/Margarito! Infact I don't see him having any speed advantage.

It's negative footwork that the current Manny struggles most with, I don't see Mayweather trying to stand infront of Pacquiao for anything more than the shortest spells possible.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

Its why I said agressive spurts. Mayweather will move but just enough to disrupt. I think Mayweather will have to conserve his energy and use his superior timing to clock pacman. He doesnt have the handspeed advantage but timing can negate a lot of good work from a opponent.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

both men will train like never before for this fight with so much on the line. i don't want to pick a winner, as it very close, but i don't see it going the distance. i actually sway towards manny though as he has been in several wars (morales, barrera JMM) and mayweather hasn't really been in that situation, i think that is exactly want manny will try and make it into. also think where the fight is held will make a huge difference if it went 12 rounds.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:22 pm

Stand in front of Manny with the shoulder up and we will see the same Manny that we did against Mosley unsure of how to get inside, you don't throw back and engage Manny can't beat you. Same thing with Barrera 2 but he didn't have enough left at the same time, people make out that Manny is a straight whirlwind, he's not if you stop him from getting into whilrwind mode and that's what Floyd will do, 117 - 111 Floyd in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:both men will train like never before for this fight with so much on the line. i don't want to pick a winner, as it very close, but i don't see it going the distance. i actually sway towards manny though as he has been in several wars (morales, barrera JMM) and mayweather hasn't really been in that situation, i think that is exactly want manny will try and make it into. also think where the fight is held will make a huge difference if it went 12 rounds.

Why does it matter where it's held? the crowd will be pro Manny pretty much anywhere in the world!!!

Judah perhaps had hand speed didn't help him too much, just got picked off nearly all night, and before you say he clocked Foyd it was completely different.

The only punches that worry me slightly from Manny are the right hook and straight left, the right hook would be hard to counter and Ortiz got a couple of straight lefts partially through so Manny might be able to aswell, though he doesn't have as good reach, I just think Floyd is too big really...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

I would like Floyd to win but I think Poochio will KHTFO

Does Floyd really think that 'roll the shoulder' nonsense is gonna win him this one?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:50 pm

Shoulder roll nonsense? Oh, deary me... Worked on 42 opponents...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:52 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Shoulder roll nonsense? Oh, deary me... Worked on 42 opponents...

Yes but those 42 opponents were not PANNY POOCHIO

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

Floyds shoulder will cause more problems to Manny than any opponent has full stop, I just don't think he can figure out these type of things if the opponent won't engage, he didn't understand how to attack an old Barrera the 2nd time, Floyd has too much in my opinion...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

Can Floyd live with Pannys high tempo though? I mean Pooch can fight for 12 rounds non-stop. Plus Floyd likes to pick up points later on in the round but being battered about by Poochio will that be enough to get a verdict?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

Alex, that's a bit of a flawed argument really...how does Floyd win rounds if he doesn't engage? He can't, as rounds would go to Manny on workrate alone.

They both have the perfect style to beat the other fighter, which is what makes this one so intriguing.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Alex, that's a bit of a flawed argument really...how does Floyd win rounds if he doesn't engage? He can't, as rounds would go to Manny on workrate alone.

They both have the perfect style to beat the other fighter, which is what makes this one so intriguing.

See even Fists agrees with me

Floyd does not have the work rate to get the verdict

Plus Pooch wont punch himself out as his fitness is awesome

You just cant see Floyd rolling that shoulder for the full 12 rounds while picking up points via counter punches

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

Don't get me wrong Stef, I'm not saying this is easy for Manny or even that he does manage to win a decision, but I do think it'll be a lot tougher for Floyd than many seem to think on here.

Each other will be the toughest opponent they've ever faced, so we can't really benchmark it against other performances. Let's get it on and find out!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Don't get me wrong Stef, I'm not saying this is easy for Manny or even that he does manage to win a decision, but I do think it'll be a lot tougher for Floyd than many seem to think on here.

Each other will be the toughest opponent they've ever faced, so we can't really benchmark it against other performances. Let's get it on and find out!

So who would your last Euro be on then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:26 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Alex, that's a bit of a flawed argument really...how does Floyd win rounds if he doesn't engage? He can't, as rounds would go to Manny on workrate alone.

no thats not what im saying at all...
watch ortiz - may 3rd round you will see a lot of that a lot of manny not knowing how to start attacks.

and like i said floyd loves the jab against smaller men and that left hook that he sweeps in with then ties up and the straight right thats what floyd will do all day.

i wouldnt be shocked if floyd takes centre in a couple of rounds lean forward and crouch raise the right glove and lean on the left leg with his right heel in the air. the second you see that stance from floyd it is over... it means hes in complete control and will just tee off with the right hand.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

Manny isn't a journeyman, you know.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:08 pm

i know thats why i reckon he gets 3 rounds

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:i know thats why i reckon he gets 3 rounds

How very generous of you. Personally I think your being too kind to old Poochio there...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

i thinks that what will happen nothing wrong with that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:31 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:i thinks that what will happen nothing wrong with that.

Alex your entitled to your opinion and it is welcome and respected as always OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:34 pm

cheers

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down