The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next!

+18
Seanusarrilius
Fists of Fury
HumanWindmill
AlexHuckerby
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Mind the windows Tino.
johnson2
ShahenshahG
Daz
superflyweight
davidemore
quentins_monkey
tommyhearnsprodigalson
J.Benson II
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next! Empty Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next!

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 am

Golden Boy have confirmed The Ghost is off the list, this should satisfy the people slating the possible match up, but only if a better opponent is found.

Alvarez would be good considering he's a huge LMW but can't see GBP letting it happen.

Question:

So if excluding Guerrero, Alvarez, Berto/Ortiz (as possibly too short after their Feb fight), Pac and any other Top Rank fighter i.e. Bradley, Cotto etc, who would you accept Mayweather fighting?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next! Empty Re: Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next!

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

Not sure to be honest, when you put it like that the cupboard does start to look ridiculously bare, even Matthew Hatton is tied up now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next! Empty Re: Mayweather IS NOT fighting Guerrero next!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 am

It's going to be Pacquiao, I guarantee it.

Top rank have asked Floyd to change the date until the end of May rather than 5th May.

They want to hold the fight in the new 45'000 seater arena being built and it won't be ready until the end of May.

Will Floyd agree? Or is there another reason Team Manny are asking this?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 am

I know we've said this a million times before but a Mayweather-Paquaio fight is finally looking like happening.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 am

there isn't much left to choose from is there, apparently on sky sports this morning Michael Koncz has said Pac won't fight Mayweather on the 5th May as a temporary stadium won't be ready in time but they are willing to fight at the end of May, so we may not have to choose afterall Very Happy

But failing that there ain't much left at welterweight maybe Mike Jones or if he's willing to go up to Light Middle, Paul Williams, Erislandy Lara or Cornelious Bundrage

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2085548/Manny-Pacquiao-fight-Floyd-Mayweather-May-5.html
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 am

Reborn, any chance you can copy and paste, can't access the Mail at work. cheers

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 am

I pray you're right Reborn but I have lost all faith in it happening but I hope i'm wrong.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 am

Imagine the HBO Face Off!!!

When was the last time Manny had someone talk trash to his face? All his opponents are normally so nice and respectful. (even Marquez)

How would he cope with Floyd in his face.

Hope Floyd agrees the end of May
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am

Manny Pacquiao looks set to reject Floyd Mayweather Jnr's challenge to fight him on May 5 in Las Vegas.

The American took to Twitter on Tuesday to call out the eight-division champion to meet him in what could be boxing's first $100m fight.

But the Filipino's camp want to wait until a 45,000-seat boxing arena has been completed in the gambling capital of the world.

Challenge: Mayweather has called out Manny Pacquiao
Mayweather had said: 'Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.'

Regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Mayweather has the MGM Grand Garden booked for that date and must fight before June 1 after a judge agreed to postpone his jail sentence for domestic violence.

But while the MGM Grand seats 17,000, which could generate around $20 million in sales, the larger arena could raise an additional $30 million.

Pac man: Manny Pacquiao's camp are hoping for a later fight date
And Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz said: 'Why would I tell Manny to fight on the 5th and throw away a percentage of 30 million? That's crazy.

'The purse is not the issue right now, the date is. But we don't have a problem splitting it 50-50.'

Mayweather continued his efforts to tempt the current WBO welterweight champion into the ring on Wednesday when he tweeted: 'I'm ready to put my belt up. What about you Manny Pacquiao? Let's make history.'

Meanwhile, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is confident the fight can still happen before Mayweather begins his stretch in prison.

Pay day: The fight is set to be the richest in history
He said the fight 'could happen very, very easily' at the end of May, enough time to build the outdoor arena 'the fight so badly needs'.

A decision could yet be reached this week as Arum and Pacquiao are meeting in the Philippines this week.

Arum has suggested his fighter could meet Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Tim Bradley or Amir Khan's conqueror Lamont Peterson instead of Mayweather.

The pair hope to reach an agreement before Arum returns to the United States on Saturday.

Using my iPod so not sure if this will work
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am

Has anyone read the comments under the DM article... particularly enjoyed the one from Paul Smith of Leeds... laughing

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 am

Cheers reborn

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am

Woo Hoo it might be PAC!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

quentins_monkey wrote:Has anyone read the comments under the DM article... particularly enjoyed the one from Paul Smith of Leeds... laughing

I just commented on it LOL!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 am

quentins_monkey wrote:Has anyone read the comments under the DM article... particularly enjoyed the one from Paul Smith of Leeds... laughing

Waingro's real identity?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 am

Someone be kind and tell me what he said

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 am

It will happen!! It has to! Cheers for the article Dee. They both need it and they know it.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 am

Floyd Mayweather can shout his mouth off all he wants but i would put good money on Amir Khan beating him all day long never mind Manny its no secret he and his team know if ever they took on Kahn he would be in serious risk in loseing the fight such is the world class abilty of young Khan who suffred one of the great injustices in Sport and Boxing history when he had his belts taken away in what was a shocking and disgracefull decision to award Peterson the win!

He ran out of words to add "Haye is quality imo".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 am

Cheers Superfly, bit odd to see a Daily Mail reader who is a fan of Khan though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 am

Cheers Superfly, bit odd to see a Daily Mail reader who is a fan of Khan though.

======================

Hahahahahaahahahaha! funny Rowley!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 am

I think he was in the wrong place rowley - surely his post tells you something about the state of his vision. Plus if that was Waingro it would say Even though Khan was overated imo he was was robberied by peterson imo.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 am

No probs!!

I do lads, I have a feeling this is going to happen in May. Whether it be start or end.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 am

Quite obvious that the proposed date at the end of May is a ploy by team Manny.

With prison just a couple of days away they will be hoping Floyd has this on his mind, rather than the fight.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 am

rowley wrote:Cheers Superfly, bit odd to see a Daily Mail reader who is a fan of Khan though.

Strangely enough, Coxy hates Amir Khan, doesn't he?

I blame you rowley. You Immigration Consultants let them all in the country in the first place. Taking our jobs, sleeping with our women, stealing our cheese.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Cheers Superfly, bit odd to see a Daily Mail reader who is a fan of Khan though.

Strangely enough, Coxy hates Amir Khan, doesn't he?

I blame you rowley. You Immigration Consultants let them all in the country in the first place. Taking our jobs, sleeping with our women, stealing our cheese.

to be honest Tina, I hate the job, only do it because there is a chance it annoys Coxy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 am

A worthwhile cause if ever there was one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 am

It's not who we'd accept but who Floyd wants!!! I was looking forward to Guerrero as he is a very good technician and a "live" opponent.....

Also believe Floyd should take the Manny fight as it's the most profitable and a lesser talented fighter in Marquez has exposed the filipino!!!

Think this fight has nothing to do with Floyd thinking he could lose (sure he fancies the job) but more to do with him and Arum winning the negotiational joust.....Two huge ego's....

Like I said HBO would buy most Floydy fights so maybe a battle with Maidana or somebody is next...Maidana is nothing if not exciting and comes to fight..

Unless agreement is reached between the two egotistal guys at the top of Boxing at the moment!! I see Floyd picking as guy out and with Boxing's lack of big name fighters...getting away with it!!

and why not...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 am

I've been taken in by these two saying this fight will happen, and then taking a giant turd on boxing fans by fighting other people.

Hopefully it will happen, and if it does I can only see a PBF win. Manny couldn't cope with the counters from Marquez, how will he cope with an even better counter puncher in PBF.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 am

Think you're being a bit harsh!!! If someone wants you to do things that might impact your performance and not give of your best...

Why should you fight??.....you may lose and your finances and future could take a hit!!

Think catch weight is the biggest turd to hit Boxing in the 21st century..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 am

Could also be a way of getting Floyd off the May 5th date so Arum can put on a Mexican fight for Cinco de Mayo, thus earning even more money... ?

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:41 am

hampo171 wrote:I've been taken in by these two saying this fight will happen, and then taking a giant turd on boxing fans by fighting other people.

Hopefully it will happen, and if it does I can only see a PBF win. Manny couldn't cope with the counters from Marquez, how will he cope with an even better counter puncher in PBF.

Manny was countered all night and STILL got the nod.

Let's not forget that, who's to say Floyd will win by countering him all night.

Controversy could lead to another monumental payday
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 am

It finally sounds as though it's about to happen, which means there is no chance of it happening...

In all seriousness I have a feeling it will happen now, it's surely impossible for it not to.

They've all made enough money now to live like kings forever, this is basically the losers retirement package bumper.

By the way lads, I'm going to be on this less and less because I started a different job today (Tenancy Support Assistant) and in comparison to my old job it's a lot more work so won't be on as much.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 am

Congrats on your job, Alex, and the very best of luck to you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am

Well done, Alex.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Alex to be surrounded by members of the Travelling fraternity all demanding he stop breaching their Human Rights and give them a house (thus completely negating the "travelling" element of their nom de guerre)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Congrats on your job, Alex, and the very best of luck to you.

I see you have taken Milkyboys advice on board Laugh

Congrats Alex.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Alex to be surrounded by members of the Travelling fraternity all demanding he stop breaching their Human Rights and give them a house (thus completely negating the "travelling" element of their nom de guerre)

It's a cliche but they are like our best customers!!
And the Poles.

Cheers guys.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:38 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
By the way lads, I'm going to be on this less and less because I started a different job today (Tenancy Support Assistant) and in comparison to my old job it's a lot more work so won't be on as much.

Congratulations Alex. I do hope there are some nice ladies there so you can carry on with your coffee mornings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Alvarez or Pac Man, nothing else has a point to it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Cotto wouldn't be an awful choice in my opinion Sean, though it doesn't get me excited.

Strange but nowadays I'd be more excited about an Alvarez/Mayweather fight rather than a Pac fight. Though the Pac fight realistically HAS to happen first.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 pm

I think Cotto at light mddleweight would be a good fight. Better than Geurrero anyway.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 pm

1. Manny
2. Alvarez
3. Cotto

In that order. Not really interested in any others.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Daz wrote:1. Manny
2. Alvarez
3. Cotto

In that order. Not really interested in any others.

Id be the same. Maybe Bradley at 4 but it looks like hes going down a different route.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:34 pm

I wouldnt be interested in Bradders. He brings nothing. Especially for Mayweather. He already got nutted by Ortiz and we all saw what happened. Imagine what he would do to Bradley! Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:13 pm

I think Khan will be in with Bradley next. Can't see Peterson giving Khan a rematch after all the disrespect shown.

I think the appeal will be thrown out.

If Khan beats Bradley in a comeback then the Peterson defeat becomes a distant memory and Khan is back in line for a shot at the winner of Floyd / Manny.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I think Khan will be in with Bradley next. Can't see Peterson giving Khan a rematch after all the disrespect shown.

I think the appeal will be thrown out.

If Khan beats Bradley in a comeback then the Peterson defeat becomes a distant memory and Khan is back in line for a shot at the winner of Floyd / Manny.

Not for me. Khan absolutely has to avenge the Peterson defeat. No excuses. Lamont took away two of his belts. He needs to get them back convincingly, then move on to Bradley. Either way he must fight both of them in any order before he thinks of stepping up.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I agree he needs to do that mate, but Petersons Team seem pretty upset at Khan and Goldenboy over the way they have used to media to dismiss Petersons win.

Peterson has achieved what he set out for, to make a name for himself and now he is being mentioned in the same breath as Manny.

I know Khan really wants the rematch but I think Peterson will get his own back by not agreeing to one.

And from that, Khan needs to make a big statement: Bradley.

Just a brainwave though. Your prob just as right though and it won't happen.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Floyd Mayweather Senior said on Eastside Boxing that he was talking to his son and he might fight Cotto, thoughts?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by vxrandall Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

if mayweather is contracted to fight at the mgm grand on may 5th presumably he will have to pay them for lost income if he goes for the outdoor venue in late may??

vxrandall

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

vxrandall wrote:if mayweather is contracted to fight at the mgm grand on may 5th presumably he will have to pay them for lost income if he goes for the outdoor venue in late may??

Very true. Perhaps they can ask Arum to cover those costs. Breach of contract etc. Very expensive given that MGM Grand stand to lose millions if the fight is switched. Arum is talking out of his rear end if he thinks they can just switch venue.

Perhaps Arum can book Celine Dion to play at MGM Grand on May 5th just in case.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next