The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver?

+7
sweet_pea
Imperial Ghosty
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
11 posters

Go down

Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver? Empty Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver?

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:25 am

I mean, not exactly but is it just possible that Floyd has slid enough for this to happen?

Going into the first RJJ Tarver fight, it was pretty unanimous as to who everybody thought would win, a pretty easy domination of a fighter who was good, but nothing seriously special. Tarver came in with a good gameplan, was more focused than he'd ever been and grew in confidence from the opening bell and arguably beat RJJ. Roy's performance that night was hampered due to the fact he was weight drained from having to shed 25 pounds of pure muscle after coming down from HW and obviously getting on a bit. Now Floyd isn't exactly the same, however he did look a slight bit slower against Cotto and then there's the fact he will be 37 add into the fact that he was incarcerated for a fair while, enough for his body to deteriorate enough so that his performance will drop.

Is it enough? Can Guerrero come into this fight with a good enough gameplan, fight the fight of his life and give it everything he has to beat Floyd? He has that kind of personality, that "Big night" type personality that I think comes in handy in these kind of occassions, a similar kind of will to win when things get tough, ala Bradley the other week.

"Invincible men only exist in the movies"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver? Empty Re: Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 am

Yea obviously there's always a chance a fighter can detoriate enough but its hard to know when that moment comes old or not. It could happen at any point of his six fight deal or it may not even happen at all

If Guerrero wins its because Mayweather has slipped too far an it's mean to say that but the mayweather who turned up agaisnt Cotto wouldn't have any problem with Guerrero and unfortunately for Guerrero its the truth

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver? Empty Re: Does Guerrero/Mayweather Remind You A Little Of RJJ/Tarver?

Post by azania Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 am

RJJ used his amazing reflexes more defensively. Floyd doesn't do that. Therefore Floyd won't get hit in the same manner.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 am

I think Floyd is in a lot of trouble here...Guerrero's roughhouse southpaw style and decent skills just may catch out a knocking on Mayweather.......

I fancy an upset...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 am

That is true Az, very good point, however Roy was being pushed into the ropes and being caught with quick punches, Tarver wasn't putting a whole heap of power into the punches he was doing it with volume and keeping it cagey. Guerrero's main asset is the volume of punches, going over 1000 punches a fight at times, whether he can pin Floyd in the corner and land anything is another matter.

I will take from it, Roy's defence, the second he lost his reflexes looked mildly clueless dfensively simply holding his hands up and covering up with nothing coming back standing in the corner.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 pm

One sided beatdown from Mayweather, worse than the beating he gave to hatton.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Well Mayweather is on the slide but I don't think Guerrero will be the one to benefit from it, he doesn't possess the power or strength to emphasise it like Tarver was able to.

That is the big difference here, Tarver was a very natural 175lber while Guerrero is not a natural Welterweight which Mayweather has become. Mosley who was well known for being a strong bloody sod at the weight was the one being outmuscled.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 pm

berto pounded guerrero with good rights and uppercuts for 12 rounds. mayweather will have a field day
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 pm

I do feel as though that was due to Guerrero seriously charging at Berto,I don't thionk he'll be quite as gung-ho as the Berto fight, a smarter more measured fight but at the same time throwing caution to the wind will be in order for Guerrero, he really has to pick his moments and just make sure any moment he does have he makes full use of it... And not headbutt him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

i think the ref might influence this one, if gurrero is allowed to pull the head down, punch wildly in the clinches and "rough" up floyd he has a good chance. if it becomes a technical fight floyd has a easy nights work.

i do fancy gurrero for the upset however something tells me floyd wouldn't risk his 6 fight deal if he thought he would lose. i would like to see floyd in deep water so to speak, and think gurreros run of form might give him the confidence to take him there.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i think the ref might influence this one, if gurrero is allowed to pull the head down, punch wildly in the clinches and "rough" up floyd he has a good chance. if it becomes a technical fight floyd has a easy nights work.

i do fancy gurrero for the upset however something tells me floyd wouldn't risk his 6 fight deal if he thought he would lose. i would like to see floyd in deep water so to speak, and think gurreros run of form might give him the confidence to take him there.

That's a very good point regarding the referees potential impact.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 am

I have a funny feeling for an upset.

Floyd should win but Guerrero is super hungry, full of confidence and may be right place, right time.

I want Floyd to win but gonna say he loses a tight SD!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm

The same has been said of a lot of his opponents, I haven't seen anything in Guerrero that sets him aside from the rest.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm

I've been saying it for a while but Alvarez will be the undoing of Floyd. The timing just seems too perfect.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down