The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts

+8
davidemore
milkyboy
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
OasisBFC
azumah HOF
12 posters

Go down

Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts Empty Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts

Post by azumah HOF Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:09 pm

http://realcombatmedia.com/2013/04/11/floyd-mayweather-robert-guerrero-access-full-episode-01/#&panel1-4

3 thoughts. Guerrero is a really great guy, god bless him and his amazing family. Floyd is in sacry shape this far out from the fight, thats amazing. Floyd senior doesnt wanna see him get hit and fight the Cotto style fight. Floyd to out jab and finish round 6 to 8.

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts Empty Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts

Post by OasisBFC Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:04 pm

if the link is still up by the time i get around to watching this, great work. been meaning to watch this since i watched 30 days of may 10 min preview - is the full version of that anywhere??

I'll post up thoughts when i watch it.

id agree snr is right about floyd not wanting to get hit. guerrero's already been giving it the old 'his legs arent there anymore' which i like.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts Empty Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero - All access. Thoughts

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

Think the timing is right for Guerrero..................

Awkward...Dirty and a good fighter..........Floyd may have been to the well too often..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:20 pm

Brave call Trussy! And I think I went on record to say thus could be a really tough fight for the reasons u gave. However I'm changing my mind after picking up buts from training camp and now seen some of the shape he is in in camp. This has actually been the longest Floyd has been in camp. I believe because the strategy for this fight might be different and we will see more side to side movement in the first 6 rounds! I also thought about it and I'm not so sure about this argument that his legs can't do it anymore. I'm starting to think that it's just been a matter of choice to fight more static in recent fights. Even if he does stay static, can guerrero out do cotton who was phenomenally bust and strong against Floyd, and Floyd dealt with it. Let's see

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think the timing is right for Guerrero..................

Awkward...Dirty and a good fighter..........Floyd may have been to the well too often..
When was the last time Mayweather actually "went to the well"? He had to dig in against Cotto but to be honest I can't recall him ever being extended to such an extent that we've wondered "Has Floyd still got it in him to pull out ANOTHER heroic performance." It's not he's doing a Gatti every time, is he?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

Guerrero is a dirty fighter with no plan b.

He will be frustrated at missing Floyd for the first 5 or 6 rounds and he will resort to type.

I see this fighter just like the others. Mayweather backed up against the ropes with Guerrero getting picked off.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:55 pm

azumah HOF wrote:Brave call Trussy! And I think I went on record to say thus could be a really tough fight for the reasons u gave. However I'm changing my mind after picking up buts from training camp and now seen some of the shape he is in in camp. This has actually been the longest Floyd has been in camp. I believe because the strategy for this fight might be different and we will see more side to side movement in the first 6 rounds! I also thought about it and I'm not so sure about this argument that his legs can't do it anymore. I'm starting to think that it's just been a matter of choice to fight more static in recent fights. Even if he does stay static, can guerrero out do cotton who was phenomenally bust and strong against Floyd, and Floyd dealt with it. Let's see

That bloodly Nick Cotton is a right thug furious
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:10 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

That bloodly Nick Cotton is a right thug furious

Would make some comment about how he would never get a licence but on the back of Collins getting one it may be misplaced.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:22 pm

Really can't see Guerrero troubling floyd. Obviously all about the rate of decline in mayweather, but just think he's made for him

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm

Was interesting. The Ghost looked flabby and Mayweather ripped. He's already in his head too, classic May.

Can't see anything but a Mayweather KO. I just can't see it. Man he blows money though, shocking.

The Ghost getting arrested for having a gun kind of killed the whole "God" thing he was selling at the start. Looked a bit stupid after that.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

davidemore wrote:Was interesting. The Ghost looked flabby and Mayweather ripped. He's already in his head too, classic May.

Can't see anything but a Mayweather KO. I just can't see it. Man he blows money though, shocking.

The Ghost getting arrested for having a gun kind of killed the whole "God" thing he was selling at the start. Looked a bit stupid after that.

Read that aloud, it sounds "Like Manny blows Money..."

Anything to avoid a fight eh Pac?

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think the timing is right for Guerrero..................

Floyd has hardly been to the well. Always on cruise control.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

Mayweather weighed in at 148.2 already he should be LWW or at a push lightweight

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

But what about the little busted nose Floyd got in his last fight. Surely that has made him shot to pieces.

The bleeding nose is always a sign that a fighter is finished.

Poor Floyd Sad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

Diamond in the rough wrote:Mayweather weighed in at 148.2 already he should be LWW or at a push lightweight

Why?

He beats Welterweights with ease so don't see the point in him taking less risky fights against guys he'd embarrass.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Floyd is knocking on now...Age matters more at the lower weights.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

So does punishment taken, and floyd has taken hardly any so is a young 36

Dehydration also affects boxers and im sure mayweather has never rehydrated more than 5lbs overnight throughout his entire career which has further helped limit his decline

Floyd looks in great shape and will box Guerrero more. Guerrero is active but doesn't really move too quick since e's moved up in weight so will struggle to pin Floyd down

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down