The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silva v Jones

+5
nasisillmatic
boomdangle
Soldier_Of_Fortune
talkingpoint
Waingro
9 posters

Go down

Silva v Jones Empty Silva v Jones

Post by Waingro Wed 03 Oct 2012, 5:42 pm

Who wins this? Many people say Jones does not want to fight Silva but tbh I think he would beat him. Silva has said he wants to fight GSP but imo this shows he does not want to fight Jones. GSP is to small for Silva and has been injured for almost 2 years so this is not a fight that should happen. Silva should move up and challenge Jones. He cant say Jones is ducking him because Dana White would make that match immediately if Silva moved up and wanted it no doubt!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Silva v Jones Empty Re: Silva v Jones

Post by talkingpoint Wed 03 Oct 2012, 6:04 pm

Silva v Jones is the bigger fight imo, Jones has looked unstoppable in all of his title defences. After his near loss in round 1 to Vitor I now believe you only get one window of opportunity per fight to beat Jones. If you don't succeed in that small window he adapts; his adaptability and ability to learn from his mistakes almost immediately is truly incredible. I'd like to see how Silva would handle Jones' elbow strikes (imo his most deadly weapon).

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:58 pm

Until Silva announced moving up to face Bonner I never thought this fight would be made, I think Jones is to big & was more likely to move up to heavyweight at some point with Silva possibly retiring in the near future. Would fancy Jones to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 04 Oct 2012, 7:23 am

I would want Anderson Silva to win though! I don't know why, might be because I was annoyed that Jones didn't accept a fight with Sonnen and a whole card had to be cancelled.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:57 am

Jones would smash silva, i just think he has to much power. 100% agree with talking point that Jones is that accomplished that if you miss your window to go for the win against him, he just adfapts and comes back even stronger almost like a terminator.

With GSP i like him as a man, not so much his fighting style as generally there not to exciting, but with the amount of time he has been out i no longer see his relavence in the current ufc. I don't think that coming straight back into the silva fight would do him any good and would result in a loss.

As much as we don't like to see it Jones is king of the mountain and i feel will eventually move up to heavy weight like randy did.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 04 Oct 2012, 5:42 pm

I really hope this fight gets made it would be huge alot of my mates say Silva would destroy Jones but I think Jones would win tbh. Silva should not be thinking about GSP until GSP proves he is back to his best. Silva v Jones is the fight everyone want to see imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 04 Oct 2012, 7:29 pm

will be interesting to see how Silva gets on against Bonnar at light heavyweight. If he looks too small against Bonnar then there is very little chance against Jones.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

I think Silva will struggle to finish Sonnen but win on points easily, that is why the fight is only 3 rounds in my opinion.

If this fight were to happen I see Jones winning, his size, reach and all round skill set would be too much for Silva.

Arn't they meant to be good friends?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

Both fighters seem more than happy to not fight each other. A bit like 'we'll act like best mates and not fight and we won't spoil either legacy.'

I would at present favor Jones but would never write off Silva.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:48 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Both fighters seem more than happy to not fight each other. A bit like 'we'll act like best mates and not fight and we won't spoil either legacy.'

If Silva beat Bonnar who I think he will destroy then he will be in Jones division and Dana White will make the match. This is not boxing where ducking is allowed! Lets not forget Rashad Evans and Jones were also good friends but the fight had to happen and it did so it will be the same with Silva unless he goes back to middleweight but tbh if he did that it would look like he was ducking Jones imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 9:22 pm

Waingro wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Both fighters seem more than happy to not fight each other. A bit like 'we'll act like best mates and not fight and we won't spoil either legacy.'

If Silva beat Bonnar who I think he will destroy then he will be in Jones division and Dana White will make the match. This is not boxing where ducking is allowed! Lets not forget Rashad Evans and Jones were also good friends but the fight had to happen and it did so it will be the same with Silva unless he goes back to middleweight but tbh if he did that it would look like he was ducking Jones imo.

Lets not forget Bonner is a tough guy who did go the distance with Jones so lets not write him off just yet. Out of interest how do you define destroy? You seem to use this a lot on the boxing page.

Yes Evans & Jones were friends & training partners once but tat was hardly the case when they fought.

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:13 am

I cannot see Silva destroying Bonner, very tough guy to finish let alone destroy.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

In regards to the Silva/Bonnar fight - did anyone see the advertisment with Bonnar and Forrest Griffin promoting the fight...they poke fun at the fact that Bonnar doesnt stand a chance - funny advert!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 09 Oct 2012, 4:48 pm

I think Silva is happy to take the fight because Bonner is so tough.

He knows that if he stops Bonner it will be a huge statement and if he merely wins on points, it'll be no worse than any other fighter.

Bonner shouldn't be technical enough to cause him too much trouble other than his physicality and sheer toughness.

Silva by UD.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

what can I say? It is hard not to admire Anderson Silva; stopping Stephan Bonner is no mean feat, even for a light-heavyweight. To stop him by TKO having only 4 weeks notice and preparation time is phenomenal. It's hard not to argue for a super-fight now between Silva and Jones. Not saying Silva would win but it's clear he could fight at light-heavyweight comfortably.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

Jones is a huge LHW whilst Silva is an average sized MW. The fight will not be competitive as in Jones, Silva will be fighting a mirror image of himself. Skillwise they may be the same, but the size difference will be too much for Silva to overcome. He looked fleshy against Bonnar whilst Jones enters the ring at 225lbs and still looks tight.

This will be almost a HW coming down to LHW to fight a small LHW. Mismatch. P4P Silva is probably the best ever (Fedor may have a say) but its a mountain too high for him to climb.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

agreed Jones is a big light-heavyweight but look at Belfort, a guy who took the fight on short notice, went up again to LHW and nearly broke Jones' arm! Jones had the size advantage and was considerably younger than Belfort and still came perilously close to losing. Granted Belfort never looked like finishing Jones after the first round, but he still scared him. Silva is more than capable of making Jones look foolish.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

talkingpoint wrote:agreed Jones is a big light-heavyweight but look at Belfort, a guy who took the fight on short notice, went up again to LHW and nearly broke Jones' arm! Jones had the size advantage and was considerably younger than Belfort and still came perilously close to losing. Granted Belfort never looked like finishing Jones after the first round, but he still scared him. Silva is more than capable of making Jones look foolish.

Yes nearly but didn't. Jones showed his toughness & strength to get out of it.

After the 1st round Belfort did nothing, he just didn't know how to get inside Jones to land some big punches or possibly take him down & submit him. As has been said before you get one chance with Jones & if you don't succeed he seems to wake up, work you out & beat you be it ko, g'n'p, submission or points. The guy is a great fighter & I feel if he were to fight Silva it would be a changing of the guard. As Az mentioned Silva didn't look to be in good shape at LHW & Jones is a huge LHW. Also Silva has said he wont move up & I see him having a few more fights before retiring. Dana talks about him meeting GSP but GSP has always said it would take him a year or so to move up in weight with a couple of fights fighting at a catchweight, could be leaving it a bit late.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:42 am

talkingpoint wrote:agreed Jones is a big light-heavyweight but look at Belfort, a guy who took the fight on short notice, went up again to LHW and nearly broke Jones' arm! Jones had the size advantage and was considerably younger than Belfort and still came perilously close to losing. Granted Belfort never looked like finishing Jones after the first round, but he still scared him. Silva is more than capable of making Jones look foolish.

Vitor was a LHW for most of his career and is a bigger guy than Silva. Jones will man handle silva not because he is better as I believe they are both equally skilled with Silva having the better striking. Even with the striking Jones has freakishly long limbs which could negate anything Silva can bring. Total mismatch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 17 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

well we don't have to worry for the time being about a super-fight because it's just been announced that Jones will face off against Sonnen next year as coaches in TUF. Can't believe Dana has made this decision; Sonnen has done nothing to earn a title fight. He beat a limited Brian Stann, narrowly beat Bisping by some questionable judging and then got his a$$ handed to him by Silva. If the guy is out of Silva's league then he is definitely out of Jones' league as the bigger athlete. Poor decision imo.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

talkingpoint wrote:well we don't have to worry for the time being about a super-fight because it's just been announced that Jones will face off against Sonnen next year as coaches in TUF. Can't believe Dana has made this decision; Sonnen has done nothing to earn a title fight. He beat a limited Brian Stann, narrowly beat Bisping by some questionable judging and then got his a$$ handed to him by Silva. If the guy is out of Silva's league then he is definitely out of Jones' league as the bigger athlete. Poor decision imo.

He sells tickets by the truck load. His trash talking is a joy to behold. Fighting wise, he'll get it handed to him in a major way. He'd be great in TUF though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:27 pm

that's the problem with Sonnen his trash talking gets him title fights he doesn't deserve. He belongs more in the WWE than in the UFC. Seriously, I can't stand the guy.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

I don't get how he earned the first fight with Silva. He got subbed by Maia is 2 minutes. But he put up a great fight and that made him as a fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:10 pm

azania wrote:I don't get how he earned the first fight with Silva. He got subbed by Maia is 2 minutes. But he put up a great fight and that made him as a fighter.

Probably as you said he sells tickets by the truckload. Does seem strange though that maia didn't get the fight but then again it meant Brazil kept the title whatever the outcome. I think Dana is desperate to get an American title holders possibly why Bisping gets overlooked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:23 pm

talkingpoint wrote:well we don't have to worry for the time being about a super-fight because it's just been announced that Jones will face off against Sonnen next year as coaches in TUF. Can't believe Dana has made this decision; Sonnen has done nothing to earn a title fight. He beat a limited Brian Stann, narrowly beat Bisping by some questionable judging and then got his a$$ handed to him by Silva. If the guy is out of Silva's league then he is definitely out of Jones' league as the bigger athlete. Poor decision imo.

I think the fact that team Jones turned down Sonnen has played a big part in this, coupled with the fact he's an American fan favorite. I also think Dana is making a point, showing whose boss, Jones can't turn Sonnen down this time. As Az has mentioned Sonnens trash talking is gonna sell this series big time. As for Sonnen I have mixed feelings about him, his trash talking does have a hint of racism towards Brazil & a hint of bitterness but on the other hand I have seen him interviewed & on a Joe Rogan podcast and the guy does talk sense. I think he will be a decent coach on TUF, he's a hard working athlete with an old school approach, much better than Nelson who seems to be a joke on the current series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:00 pm

Sonnen is very articulate and when he's not playing up, comes across very knowledgable and a good guy.

It's pure hype talk and done to earn hyim more money. I'm sure his last 4 fights have earned him 10x what his previous fights combined have.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 22 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

I've only just watched Silva vs Bonnar and it has made me think twice about this fight. I could not possibly call it.

While Bonnar was never really going to threaten Silva, the manner in which he controlled the whole fight, leaning against the cage, and then finishing it so quick and brutal, makes me think twice about picking Jones.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:29 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:I've only just watched Silva vs Bonnar and it has made me think twice about this fight. I could not possibly call it.

While Bonnar was never really going to threaten Silva, the manner in which he controlled the whole fight, leaning against the cage, and then finishing it so quick and brutal, makes me think twice about picking Jones.

Jones went 5 rounds with Rashad (albeit he claimed psychologically he found it hard to fight him) and most recently nearly lost to Belfort via armbar. As much as I believe Jones is the real deal and the next Anderson Silva, I wouldn't call the fight a mismatch. Silva is plain scary. He goaded Bonnar against the cage wall, invited him to attack him and finished the fight in spectacular fashion with a TKO, something that no other person at LHW was able to accomplish! Silva's talent is immense and Jones would definitely feel a sense of intimidation going up against him.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:41 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Sonnen is very articulate and when he's not playing up, comes across very knowledgable and a good guy.

It's pure hype talk and done to earn hyim more money. I'm sure his last 4 fights have earned him 10x what his previous fights combined have.

I don't agree with Sonnen's ethics - trash talk your opponent into wanting to fight you and then claiming you're the only one with any integrity in the sport. All this "I'll fight anyone on any given day" is nonsense. If Sonnen really had such a low view of professional MMA as a legitimate sport then he wouldn't be in it. If Sonnen doesn't care about legacies then why does he so desparately chase title fights? He has made many racist and homophobic insinuations before about Brazil, the Nogueira brothers and BJJ and his distain for submission grappling is extraordinary considering the majority of his losses have come by way of submission. Sonnen is one dimensional in the octagon. I truly don't understand the Sonnen = ratings argument because otherwise the WWE would be trouncing UFC in the PPV buyrates, because that's what he is a pantomime like caricature. Sonnen is a disgrace to MMA imo, a guy with no class. The only reason he's against the P4P debate is because he's not in it and will never likely to be a top 10 P4P fighter.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 23 Oct 2012, 10:09 am

talkingpoint wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:I've only just watched Silva vs Bonnar and it has made me think twice about this fight. I could not possibly call it.

Jones went 5 rounds with Rashad (albeit he claimed psychologically he found it hard to fight him) and most recently nearly lost to Belfort via armbar. As much as I believe Jones is the real deal and the next Anderson Silva, I wouldn't call the fight a mismatch. Silva is plain scary. He goaded Bonnar against the cage wall, invited him to attack him and finished the fight in spectacular fashion with a TKO, something that no other person at LHW was able to accomplish! Silva's talent is immense and Jones would definitely feel a sense of intimidation going up against him.

I agree, I think Jones would be a lot more cagey against Silva and maybe not try some of the bizarre things he normally does. This would be a very interesting fight.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Oct 2012, 12:00 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Sonnen is very articulate and when he's not playing up, comes across very knowledgable and a good guy.

I don't agree with Sonnen's ethics - trash talk your opponent into wanting to fight you and then claiming you're the only one with any integrity in the sport. All this "I'll fight anyone on any given day" is nonsense. If Sonnen really had such a low view of professional MMA as a legitimate sport then he wouldn't be in it. If Sonnen doesn't care about legacies then why does he so desparately chase title fights? He has made many racist and homophobic insinuations before about Brazil, the Nogueira brothers and BJJ and his distain for submission grappling is extraordinary considering the majority of his losses have come by way of submission. Sonnen is one dimensional in the octagon. I truly don't understand the Sonnen = ratings argument because otherwise the WWE would be trouncing UFC in the PPV buyrates, because that's what he is a pantomime like caricature. Sonnen is a disgrace to MMA imo, a guy with no class. The only reason he's against the P4P debate is because he's not in it and will never likely to be a top 10 P4P fighter.

The difference is that MMA is real and pro wrestling is as fake as you can get.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

azania wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:

I don't agree with Sonnen's ethics - trash talk your opponent into wanting to fight you and then claiming you're the only one with any integrity in the sport. All this "I'll fight anyone on any given day" is nonsense. If Sonnen really had such a low view of professional MMA as a legitimate sport then he wouldn't be in He has made many racist and homophobic insinuations before about Brazil, the Nogueira brothers and BJJ and his distain for submission grappling is extraordinary considering the majority of his losses have come by way of submission it. If Sonnen doesn't care about legacies then why does he so desparately chase title fights?. Sonnen is one dimensional in the octagon. I truly don't understand the Sonnen = ratings argument because otherwise the WWE would be trouncing UFC in the PPV buyrates, because that's what he is a pantomime like caricature. Sonnen is a disgrace to MMA imo, a guy with no class. The only reason he's against the P4P debate is because he's not in it and will never likely to be a top 10 P4P fighter.

The difference is that MMA is real and pro wrestling is as fake as you can get.

I know what you mean about Sonnen & I have had mixed feelings about him but I agree with valero's points. I've seen some interviews with him & he comes across as an ok guy, & actually talks a lot of sense. With regards to his trash talking at Brazil & there fighters I agree he's crossed the line and I think he needs to shut up, especially since his last fight against a Brazilian! I do believe he means what he says that he'll fight anybody on any given day, he keeps in shape & was happy to fight Jones at short notice. I think his last 4 fights have all been against decent fighters. With regards to him being one dimensional I agree to some extent, he's a wrestler with a boxing background & has reasonable power, but he is tough, he comes to fight & has a pretty decent record, he gets the job done & thats what its all about. There may well be more rounded fighters out there, those that have trained in more than one discipline but that doesn't always equate to being a top fighter & a fighter is what Sonnen is. P4P, again I know where he's coming from, we've had some long discussions on the boxing board about this, how do you define it & the fact it is hypothetical. P4P is far more important to the hardcore fans than the casual fan or the fighters. I think he'll make the next TUF interesting & I think with a good team around him will benefit those in his team, it will be interesting to see what Jones brings.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 24 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

I don't necessarily care about the P4P either but I understand comparisons across weight classes are natural. My point about him willing to fight anyone; I know he's sincere but this is a professional sport, not some back alley bare knuckle fight, which Sonnen frequently likes to make out. He seems to undermine the image the UFC has created for itself and for MMA. At the end of the day these guys are combat athletes and Sonnen is himself. I just think he talks rubbish when he makes out he doesn't train for opponents just fights them. MMA is MMA for a reason, there are so many variables and you need an all round game in order to succeed in the sport (which Sonnen doesn't have). I don't get why he shows contempt for the fact that other fighters take their profession and sport seriously by desiring to train specifically for fighters and have good fight camps.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

talkingpoint wrote:I don't necessarily care about the P4P either but I understand comparisons across weight classes are natural. My point about him willing to fight anyone; I know he's sincere but this is a professional sport, not some back alley bare knuckle fight, which Sonnen frequently likes to make out. He seems to undermine the image the UFC has created for itself and for MMA. At the end of the day these guys are combat athletes and Sonnen is himself. I just think he talks rubbish when he makes out he doesn't train for opponents just fights them. MMA is MMA for a reason, there are so many variables and you need an all round game in order to succeed in the sport (which Sonnen doesn't have). I don't get why he shows contempt for the fact that other fighters take their profession and sport seriously by desiring to train specifically for fighters and have good fight camps.

You have to laugh at that, but I think he's just exaggerating a point that in all combat sports there are fighters that for one reason or another wont fight somebody or their promotion/management teams cant make a fight happen, Manny vs PBF probably being the most high profile.

I think Sonnen looks to fight to his strengths rather than his opponents perceived weaknesses, he is basically a wrestler/boxer so he just works on that. I have seen him in interviews saying that he's always in training & doesn't bother with a fight camp, he just cuts weight. As for showing contempt is a strange thing & as I said before he just needs to shut up sometimes.

Yes it is MMA is MMA for a reason but more & more guys coming through now just train 'MMA' rather than coming from a specific martal arts background, sometimes MMA is a convieniant tag. Yes there are variables but fighters mostly look to win a fight by ko from strikes, takedown with submisson or takedown with g 'n' p. As for the rounded game yes its gonna help but is not the b end of all. Take a great martial artist like Frank Mir, his high profile losses have been to not so rounded guys as JDS, Brock & Carwin! JDS much as I like him & his fights/fighting style you have to admit he is one dimensional, as he has been quoted saying he does what works for him. As I said before Sonnen has had a pretty good career with some good wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

I do agree that fighters should be in constant training, not just when they're in fight camp. And his approach to MMA training would be ok if he wasn't fighting such elite fighters such as Silva and Jones who both defy the norm. Both men are unpredictable, creative and adaptable, unlike other generic 'MMA' fighters.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:07 pm

think its being slighty harsh on jds saying he's one dimensional, he's a brown belt in bjj just because he hasnt needed to show it doesnt mean he's one dimensional. would also say he's got fantastic take down defence, he's sticks to his strengths (striking) yes but dont think he's one dimensional unlike sonnen who can only wrestle

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:09 pm

compelling and rich wrote:think its being slighty harsh on jds saying he's one dimensional, he's a brown belt in bjj just because he hasnt needed to show it doesnt mean he's one dimensional. would also say he's got fantastic take down defence, he's sticks to his strengths (striking) yes but dont think he's one dimensional unlike sonnen who can only wrestle

Maybe a little harsh, better to have said he fights in a one dimensional way, he does say he does what he feels works for him & sees no reason to change. I was more responding to talking point's remark about variables & the need to be well rounded for success & my example being that Mir is top class juijitsu & well rounded yet has lost to far less well rounded fighters such as Carwin, Brock & JDS, even Nelson took him the distance. Admittedly Nelson went the distance with JDS but then again Nelson kept it that way & he was never going to outbox JDS.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:59 pm

sohotnot wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:think its being slighty harsh on jds saying he's one dimensional, he's a brown belt in bjj just because he hasnt needed to show it doesnt mean he's one dimensional. would also say he's got fantastic take down defence, he's sticks to his strengths (striking) yes but dont think he's one dimensional unlike sonnen who can only wrestle

Maybe a little harsh, better to have said he fights in a one dimensional way, he does say he does what he feels works for him & sees no reason to change. I was more responding to talking point's remark about variables & the need to be well rounded for success & my example being that Mir is top class juijitsu & well rounded yet has lost to far less well rounded fighters such as Carwin, Brock & JDS, even Nelson took him the distance. Admittedly Nelson went the distance with JDS but then again Nelson kept it that way & he was never going to outbox JDS.

think with the heavyweights, striking is always going to be the most successful method because of the power that they all carry especially with the small gloves, thats why the likes of carwin have been successful with very limited skill set. i think if you work down through the weights though there is less and less of these examples, certainly at the highest level.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

think with the heavyweights, striking is always going to be the most successful method because of the power that they all carry especially with the small gloves, thats why the likes of carwin have been successful with very limited skill set. i think if you work down through the weights though there is less and less of these examples, certainly at the highest level.

I think you right there, I don't think there are that many obvious ko artists at the lower weights, all the top guys have a fairly even balance of ko's, tko's, subs & points wins.

Out of interest who's your pick Carwin vs Nelson? I found them to be on odd pick for TUF 16 coaches & then to be the headline fight for the finale, I mean where does the winner go from there? I don't see either getting the next shot at JDS if he beats Cain, Overeem is apparently next in line, seems a bit of a nothing fight.

Are you keeping up with the two current TUF's?

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm

funnily enough ive just posted on the ashes one, i have to fancy carwin as long as he doesnt gas on nelsons chin. think he may even stop him, while not being as good a striker as a jds i do think he packs more of a power single shot and nelson isnt hard to miss! nelson has a chance with that big overhand right

it should be a entertaining fight for the fans, but think both have been poor coaches choice, with carwin leaving most to his assistants and nelson just being terrible

think the next step if carwin wins would be someone like struve, who's on the verge of a title shot but still needs he can mix it with the big hitters after his defeat to nelson. if nelson wins perhaps a rematch with struve is about it to give struve a chance to redeem himself. other than that im struggling where nelson goes

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down