The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anderson Silva

+2
Pr4wn
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Anderson Silva  Empty Anderson Silva

Post by hampo17 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 8:04 am

Silva suffered a nasty leg break last night when a leg kick was blocked, not the faint hearted!

https://vine.co/v/h9EFm0wYKLp

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva  Empty Re: Anderson Silva

Post by Pr4wn Sun 29 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

Stayed up for it last night, awful injury.

It's a shame but that'll be the end of his career. Without doubt the greatest champion the UFC has ever seen.

Was gutted that Tate didn't beat Rousey. She was genuinely in with a chance!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:47 pm

Yes I fear this is the end for Silva. I`m sure it`s not the way he would have wanted to go out, but in another way it prevented another embarrassing KO or submission.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

He may or may not have been beaten by Weidman...Anderson looked awful in the first fight with Sonnen and then took him to the cleaners in the rematch. You have to ask whether or not Weidman would have beaten Silva at his peak and I think the answer is no. Silva, like GSP, seems to have nowhere to go in the UFC (too big to drop down and too small to go up in weight) so they're stuck defending a title and going stale in the process.

Probably a good thing that Silva goes as I'd like to see Bisping get a chance. He beat Sonnen fair and square and was robbed but has nothing to show for the screw-job.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:36 pm

Awful leg break.

Shame Miesha couldn't beat Rousey.

If Miesha could have kept it standing she could have knocked Ronda out.

She is so skilled though.
Cant see her losing for a long time.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

Terrible injury and doubt he'll come back.

The doctor has said 3-6 months recovery and he'll receive the best care but being as he's nearly 40 and may lose confidence throwing the kick I can't see him being motivated to return.

He's accomplished everything he needs to and with his abilities naturally declining and Weidman hitting his peak I doubt he'll bother coming back.

The UFC will push for a comeback as with GSP retiring for now they are losing their stars.

If he does return he'll likely be paired against a tailor made opponent to make him look good.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 03 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

Didn`t Silva sign a new multi-million dollar 8 fight contract last year? Or am I just making that up? Will his potential injury forced retirement allow him to get out of the contract or will UFC somehow use this to keep him active?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 08 Jan 2014, 4:53 am

It was a 10 fight deal but I believe it's flexible and he can retire whenever he wants but couldn't fight for another organisation.

They wouldn't force him or make him come back but merely offer him enough money.

His manager has said he wants GSP on his return. That would be huge for the two biggest stars to return for the long awaited dream fight. Would have lost some buzz like Floyd/Pac but still be huge.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 7:00 am

Are either coming back? I just feel gsp is to small to compete at MW & like many I think Silva should look to move up to LHW

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Wed 08 Jan 2014, 11:06 am

I think they'll both be back, and they'll both want big, but non-title fights. Perhaps that's what Diaz is sitting out waiting for Wink

Unfortunately I think the time for GSP v Silva has come and gone; would the PPV be big enough given that both are (one way or another) fallen from the top table?

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down