The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England

4 posters

Go down

Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England Empty Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England

Post by GSC Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:57 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19830762

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

At least you got Norwich to open the bank to you before you came crashing back to earth Grant
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England Empty Re: Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England

Post by aja424 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

Alan Partridge also considered it ridiculous the BBC didn't renew his contract!
Must be a Norwich thing

aja424

Back to top Go down

Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England Empty Re: Grant Holt says its 'ridiculous' he wasn't picked for England

Post by Liam Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:14 pm

He did have a point. 15 goals in your first season in top flight football with a relatively weak team by PL standards is a very good effort. He would give England a different option up front and obviously he knows where the back of the net is.

Unfortunately for him, he's on the wrong side of 30 and in a time where England should really be looking to move on players 31+ away from 1st team football, he doesn't really fit the mold of the new gen atm.

However, how someone like Andy Carroll went to the Euro's ahead of him I don't know. A couple of decent games towards the back end of the season somehow qualified him to be on that plane, ahead of a guy who scored against the big side and was the second highest English goal scorer in the league.

He's no world beater Grant, and for me has missed his chance of an England call up, but, I admire his brutal honesty and for standing up for himself. I know we all have a joke about Norwich with Olly and things, but he was superb last season and certainly deserved to at least have played in the warm up games.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:25 pm

He gives away far too many fouls and had no international experience whatsoever, as well as not offering any future value.

Hodgson clearly is a fan of Carroll having selected him every time he's been available I believe and his end of the season form only confirmed this. Carroll is the type of striker which usually peaks in the late 20s, early 30s, so he does offer a lot of potential so Hodgson will want him in and around the England set up as much as possible.

I also think technically Carroll is a better player than Holt.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down