The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Blacks record

+4
anotherworldofpain
disneychilly
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
8 posters

Go down

All Blacks record Empty All Blacks record

Post by Morgannwg Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:10 pm

Yes another NZ rubgy article. Yesterday we seen a good, strong team take the game to the All Blacks and put them under all sorts of pressure, making them look slightly vulnerable for a short period of time. Then the All Blacks once again seemed to wave a magic wand and start scoring tries from nowhere, making it look stylish and ridiculously easy in the process. A record win over Argentina followed by 4 tries past the Boks is mightily impressive. Congratulations New Zealand on winning the RC with a clean sweep.

Now out of curiousity, if the All Blacks sweep through their NH tour unbeaten (which they probably will) will it be a new record of consecutive wins for them? Whether that be in just this year or since they last lost a game.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

All Blacks record Empty Re: All Blacks record

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

You little scamp...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 07 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

Gotta beat Aussie first. In Brisbane. No easy task-plus they stuffed us up in HK before on 16 too.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Defeat of Australia, Wales and England will also give NZ the highest IRB ranking of all time, which might be a motivator possibly if NZ should get to 18 by beating Oz and Scotland.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:01 pm

What you mean they can get higher than first.... Didn't think they could pick up any points of lower placed teams.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

As much as I'd love Aus to spoil the NZ party in Brisbane, I can't see it happening. We have enough trouble beating them with our 1st XV let alone with our 2nd. This is a quality side and they probably deserve the record.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:43 pm

I'm still bloody nervous FC. Shades of HK, 03 and the 3N game in 07. I think HK still stings Richie so he'll be telling the team to go all out.

You guys psychologically don't give a flying f**k about any aura the ABs have-you're just p*ssed off you haven't held the Bledisloe for ages. This year has been just a write off due to the injuries you had. But you still finished second in the 4N. I think you have a can of worms that can be opened up in front of a rabid Brisbane crowd and this game is anything but a given for me.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:55 pm

It's nice you showing respect, but this is an injury ravaged Aus playing against an All Black team who look as if they hardly broke a sweat grand slamming the rugby championship. I can only see one victor there. I'd love for it to be Wales to spoil the party in November though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:40 pm

Yeah Brisbane looks iffy. We should win if we apply the same process but youre right Disney, Oz dont give a toss about the AB record enough to crawl back into a shell. (They just think of all the other sports they slay us in and the aura evaporates fairly quickly). censored

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

True. It's the only sport where NZ is the big brother and Aussie is the little brother, and little brother has gotten up far too many times for any Kiwis to think this is a done deal. We're used to being the little brother on the wrong end of a few hidings from big brother in other sports too. Not bad that we have the league WC though (but most probably not for long).

Again what is untouchable about the All Blacks is their winning consistency. But in a one off game? Hell yes they definitely are beatable. That's been seen in a couple of instances this year and it's why Hansen is preparing them so meticulously.

Australia has the best sporting mentality in the world. It's why they are so damn good at everything. We'll be very wary all right. Expect DC to play the 80 to avoid a HK repeat and we'll go all out to beat the living shoite out of them. Why, so they won't be close to effect another comeback.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:02 pm

At least it would take a smorgasbord and tranvesty of circs to see Donald duck get on the field this time...they dont do whitebaiting in the UK do they? Shocked

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:43 am

Do you believe in Irony Taylorman ,the reviled" Beaver"won you the RWC with a little help from his friends show respect. Very Happy credit wheres its due.
Truth is two records are up for grabs the most consecutive wins and the first unbeaten AB side in the Pro Era.
Australia in Brisbane at any time not easy,Hansen has them thinking right one game at a time.
All runs come to an end and no side is unbeatable a couple of cards or a key injury can do it.
Not to mention sides suddenly raising there game ANY side can win on there day.
Keeping both feet grounded hopefully it won`t happen till next year,France without RM and possibly DC could be interesting.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:16 am

emack2 wrote:Truth is two records are up for grabs the most consecutive wins and the first unbeaten AB side in the Pro Era.
You mean in the same calendar year? I guess so.

The 19 is a better one and even though theyre not exactly shouting it this will be their focus- everyone wants to be part of a bit of history and later be able to say...I was part of that team Yahoo

The difference I think this time is they've faced it before with Hong Kong and will be aware of the factors in play- I mean how many players get to face that sort of situation twice in a career?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:28 am

For me it would be better to be the only RWC winner to go unbeaten for a calendar year TWICE.That should really bury the chokers tag i`ve probably jinxed them now Doh

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:15 am

Actually the chokers tag would still be stuck firmly on the ABs ass if we won the next 3 WCs in a row. Because its the only big failing they have that people have been able to smack them with.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:58 am

emack2 wrote:For me it would be better to be the only RWC winner to go unbeaten for a calendar year TWICE.That should really bury the chokers tag i`ve probably jinxed them now Doh

Well in 87 they went until 1990- 87, 88, and 89 they were not beaten (3 calendar years) so the post world cup 'Blues' applies to everyone else- not NZ. They went 17 tests without losing one after 87, and have now gone 9 since winning last year (picking up the bledisloe and RC sweep on the way).

But if youre filtering it to only include pro era then 87 doesnt apply. But then you may as well say the world cups of 87, 91 and 95 dont either- meaning Oz, Eng, Boks and NZ have won one each.

Plus in 75 we had a 100% record with an average score of 24-0 for the whole year.......(We beat Scotland 24-0 Whistle aint stats grand! Wet it was that day too with BG having to deep dive to ground the ball...twice)

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down