The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXXV

+13
TwisT
nadeem2099
Bull
Hero
Fernando
sodhat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gregers
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Trebs
GSC
FIFA Diva
ncfc_Tooze
17 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXV - Page 11 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXXV

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXV - Page 11 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXXV

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm

Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:Have you watched Sterling?

Currently he's 3rd in the Premier League for 'successful' dribbles, has a 83.2% successful pass rate and has created 11 chances.
Yes he the stereotypical burst of speed of an English winger but he also is showing the ability to look up.
Whilst at Utd they have a wealth of wingers Fergie has always been one to give youth a chance and I fully believe that if Sterling had been brought to OT he'd have seen some first team action by now as well. Nick Powell and Phil Jones are both examples of teenagers brought in the past 2 seasons that he's happy to thrust straight into games where he can.

Yes I have watched Sterling play because I have a different opinion I must not have watched him Doh

Moses and Hoilett last season were first and second in most successful dribbles in the league last season but I'm sure they wouldn't make the United team and I'd say both are better then Sterling. 83% is not really a good percentage of passing rate and wasn't David Batty one of the highest passing percentage wise?

Powell and Jones didn't come through the United academy they already had experience at other clubs before the move and were one of the better players at the club. It's not 1995 anymore Ferguson does not trust these youngsters as much, when we had injury why wasn't Wootton given a chance? Will Keane? Pogba? Morrison etc.

I gave you that quip as its what you've levelled at me in the past over certain players so thought Id give it you back Wink

At 83% he'd been I believe 6th place last season in the entire league. Not good?

Moses secured the move to the European Champions off the back of it, Hoillett to what was thought a QPR team on the up when he was getting decent offers from German clubs.

Just think that in this country there's no middle ground on new talent, theyre either the English Messi or written off after 10 games. I rate Sterling highly based not just on what Ive seen so far this season but from what I've read on him over the past 3-4 seasons, from those in the know rather than us armchair experts he's thought of as being a mercurial talent that will continue to grow and flourish.

You can't compare his stats in 7 games to those compared at the end of the season, how many passes has it made its easier to get stats to suit yourself. How many passes in his own half opposition half etc.

An where is Moses at Chelsea, Torres is the only striker they have and he has only made 3 appearances I'm sure it'd be less if they had Anelka or an average striker competing with Moses. Finishing 17th is not up and coming come on Hero Laugh

I'm not saying Sterling is rubbish, I think he is just above average but his current situation at his club gives him a better reputation Then he deserves. Can you show me the reviews you've been reading on him when he was 13,14. I think the only player that had media attention at that age was Giggs.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:10 pm

I liked Sterling at QPR as a prospect, but lettuce be reality, anything positive about Liverpool gets blown up 100x in the media. Hes a good prospect, but right now hes pretty overrated.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:12 pm

Oh an Freddy Adu the next Pele.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:27 pm

Azzy has done the Adu comparison already Viva, did you not compare notes on that prior?

I'm well aware of players that have the world put on their shoulders at an early age and the numbers that then fail to live up to that expectation, but all Sterling can do is deal with what is put in front of him, and so far he's dealt with everything put in front of him very well indeed.

Also I'm aware that stats over a season are what counts rather than a handful of games but again he can only deal with the cards he's handed. In those games he's played v City, Utd and Arsenal so Id say that was a decent success rate v superior clubs.

QPR bought in a fair number of fairly decent players over the summer that's why I referred to them as being thought of as on the up, most people thought they'd be improving this season rather than go backwards but I guess that's that's what happens with pretty much a new team.

I'm not saying he's the Messiah of English football,I'm saying he looks to have a great deal of potential and he's shown so far to be living up to the pressure put upon him.

My one concern for him is his inability to wear protection off the pitch, 17 years old and 2 kids by 2 different women, hope he gets a salary boost soon.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:47 pm

Bottom line is, I rather have Sterling than Donovan or Gera.

But hey, I will listen to offers if you two actually want to buy a RM OK

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

TwisT wrote:Bottom line is, I rather have Sterling than Donovan or Gera.

But hey, I will listen to offers if you two actually want to buy a RM OK

I +1 that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:23 am

As if there is a programme on Channel 4 on Thursday called, "The town that caught tourettes"

I am so watching that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:49 am

Donovan has just as much pace. Plus well over 100 caps for his country, tons more experience, and consistent success at the top level. Contrast that with a dozen games in a weak Liverpool team...not sure what's got your knickers in a twist, but if you asked Brendan Rodgers who he'd rather have, I guarantee he'd have Donovan. The way Sterling's going he'll be physically ruined by the end of the season.

As for Gera, I think you'll find that, despite having played far fewer games in a supposedly much worse team, he actually has more goals than Sterling this season Shocked

I'd rather have Sterling than Gera, but our budgets only stretched so far, right? What you won't find is me or Viva dissing your team just because you don't rate two of our players like they're the second coming of Puskas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:30 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Donovan has just as much pace. Plus well over 100 caps for his country, tons more experience, and consistent success at the top level. Contrast that with a dozen games in a weak Liverpool team...not sure what's got your knickers in a twist, but if you asked Brendan Rodgers who he'd rather have, I guarantee he'd have Donovan. The way Sterling's going he'll be physically ruined by the end of the season.

As for Gera, I think you'll find that, despite having played far fewer games in a supposedly much worse team, he actually has more goals than Sterling this season Shocked

I'd rather have Sterling than Gera, but our budgets only stretched so far, right? What you won't find is me or Viva dissing your team just because you don't rate two of our players like they're the second coming of Puskas.

Would you call the MLS a "top level"?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:56 am

Olly wrote:Would you call the MLS a "top level"?
Not 'top', no. 'Good', yes, because the league is actually at a half-decent standard currently. Donovan might have spent most of his career in his domestic league - who can blame him - but he has played for Leverkusen, Bayern and Everton, and Moyes keeps trying to sign him every January for a reason. He brings far more to the table than a lot of players, Gera and Sterling included.

Last night on FIFA I opened a 7.5k pack and got De Rossi, Barzagli and Cassano. Shame I'm not doing a Serie A team Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

How is saying I would rather have Sterling than Gera/Donovan "dissing" your team? I would rather have Messi than Sterling/Draxler. It is not dissing my team, it is stating a fact.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:56 am

Votes in by midnight tonight guys, I haven't received any as yet.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:06 am

This is my Napoli side on another league here:

--------------------De Sanctis
------Campagnaro---Cannavaro---Subotic
Maggio----------Inler--------Bender-------De Marcos
-----------Hamsik----------------Lavezzi
----------------------Cavani

Where should I be improving next?
I'm thinking another CB first, and then possibly a right sided midfielder, although Maggio is perfect for the Napoli system.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:11 am

I think that team should ditch Subotic to me.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:13 am

its fine.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:17 am

If you have a centre half of equal quality I would be happy to consider a trade! He was the only CB I wanted though. I think I rate him so highly because of a series of stellar performances on Fifa for me, which is probably not the soundest footing for spending 22m on him.

Bull, thank you for your faint praise. Where would you improve?

Anyone here listen to XFM in the mornings?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

I will get votes in when Iam back online this evening as on a course today and then out for my sisters birthday

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:28 am

I would but XFM doesn't like to work south of Croydon so it depends where I'm working.

With regards your Napoli team, I'd say while the CB's are solid and reliable, in a league like the Elite League big names = votes, so might be worth upgrading on your defence.

My Benfica team (in progress) in the same league;

Butland

M.Pereira - Garay - Agger - ???

Fellaini - Verratti

Salvio - Kagawa - Gaitan

RVP

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:30 am

Yeah I was looking at other teams and it doesn't seem balance matters so much there

I bought Bender because of the balance he brings, and De Marcos suits the style too, but I don't actually get to put how I am playing do I? Never mind, I will get another CB today I guess.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:31 am

its fine.

heck its your team make it the way you want to.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

How about this story about Leonardo Bonucci:

"As if that were not a colourful enough backdrop for this game, rather more dramatic events – ones that had nothing to do with football – were to unfold on Thursday afternoon. The Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci was emerging from a Ferrari dealership with his wife and three-month old son when he was accosted by a mugger – who reportedly pointed a gun at the player's face while demanding that he hand over his watch.

According to published accounts, Bonucci's wife, carrying their son, dived immediately into their car, but the player himself froze. Then, as the mugger reached out his spare hand to grab the timepiece, Bonucci punched him – first in the arm and then the face, causing him to fall to the ground. The defender then proceeded to chase his would-be aggressor down the street. The mugger jumped on the bike of a waiting accomplice, though even here Bonucci briefly attempted to block their escape."

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:36 am

I am in the middle ground here.

I compare him to, say Oxo, and I don't think Sterling is as good a player as Oxo was a year and a half ago, and I look at Rooney and think he was streets ahead at the same age.

But then he is no worse than Lennon or Walcott, and a good few years younger.

I think he has bags of potential to be a good to great player, but at the moment, that's all it is, is potential. Rooney had bags of potential at 14 - would they play him in the Premier League, no because he wasn't good enough at that point.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:36 am

Morning guys OK

I'll get votes in now.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

sodhat wrote:Yeah I was looking at other teams and it doesn't seem balance matters so much there

Depends who is voting. I take account of balance of a side, both left to right and front to back. If I don't think the team would work, I mark it down.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

I'm not sure whether they do or not, because it's literally starting XI only. But I wanted my CM to be more restrained to make the system work, so I brought Bender in to play in Gargano's old role.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:07 am

wossup my wiggaz.

Absolutely killed viva yesterday on fifa.

Newcastle 2 Everton 0
Liverpool 2 Sunderland 2

The 2-2 game he fluked it the cat.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:09 am

Oh no, it ends Viva's 100% record against 606ers!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

TwisT wrote:Holtby and Draxler had good games against Dortmund this Saturday as well. Schalke beat Dortmund. Afellay had a great game Afro, scored as well.

It was a great game and Schalke looked the champions not Dortmund. Dortmund were really not at the races this season, and have suffered from injuries.

Afellay and Holtby for me were the two best players. MOTM match was definately between them. Draxler though, I can't remember seeing him. I didn't think he was playing tbh.

Anyone see the Deportivo v Barce game. What a match!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:16 am

5-4 wasn't it with Mascherano sent off, hat-trick from the Sterling wannabe and a goal from Tello and Alba.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

Who do I send my votes too?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Teams in The Fan league, PM tactics to Sodhat and Twist, send votes to Hero
Teams in the Cherries League, PM tactics to Afro and Hero, send votes to Sodhat

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:26 am

Hero wrote:5-4 wasn't it with Mascherano sent off, hat-trick from the Sterling wannabe and a goal from Tello and Alba.

It was brilliant entertainment. Barca flew out the blocks and were 3-0 up in no time, but were poor at the back. Masch got sent off just after Deportivo scored and then it was a combination of poor at the back and Valdes having a shocker.

If it wasn't for the brilliance of Messi and Fabregas, Barca would have actually lost. Song was awful whilst Villa continues to look completely out of his depth since his injury and should be nowhere near this Barca team on current form
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

Didn't Jordi Alba score a great own goal?

I need to see it apparently

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

nadeem2099 wrote:wossup my wiggaz.

Absolutely killed viva yesterday on fifa.

Newcastle 2 Everton 0
Liverpool 2 Sunderland 2

The 2-2 game he fluked it the cat.

Fair play Nadeem first game you deserved it, I couldn't deal with the long ball. This was only my second game playing online and probably 15th game in total play Fifa 13 I need to practise.

The second game I don't know how you can say I fluked it, I conceded two early goals and after that you were on the backfoot and I got two goals I should have got a third late on but my lack of match sharpness and finishing. The goal was not deflected, I didn't foul your players, I meant to score so I don't see how it was a fluke.

I am working out your style of play give me a bit of time to practise and I'll be beating you with ease, you are not a good player Nadeem you are average. You cheat so much, fouling my players when they making off the ball runs or clattering into them. It's cheating, you don't deserve to play Football you ruin the beautiful game.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:29 am

Do we add money for voting and tactics?

Sent my votes Sodhat x
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:32 am

sodhat wrote:Didn't Jordi Alba score a great own goal?

I need to see it apparently

Yeah, I'm still not sure what was going though his head. Deportivo played a long ball into the box, the Deportivo attacker half controlled it and Alba just flicked the lob over the top of Valdes.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:35 am

Heh, just watched it. Looked like either:

1. He got confused and thought he was on the attack
2. He was trying to get it over the bar and behind

If it's the 2nd, he should have clattered it, because that looked like a measured finish!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:36 am

Gents - to fall in line with the change to the timing of votes etc, there is a slight change to timing of lawyers, injuries, TPs etc.

The league week will run Tuesday to Monday:
New lawyers and injuries - Tuesdays
The TP week will be Tues-Mon
The TP limits will go up at 12am on Tuesday
Tactics by close of Friday
Votes by close of Monday

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

The problem with your style of play viva is that instead of shooting, you try and pass the ball into the back of the net. The amount of times you passed when in a good shooting position was crazy. If you don't shoot you don't score!
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:50 am

I model myself on Cruyff, Wenger, Pep etc.

Happy Birthday Mr Wenger cake

Last edited by VivaPaulScholes on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:52 am

I was gonna say, it appears Viva is just like Wenger.

All style, no substance.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:53 am

VivaPaulScholes wrote:
nadeem2099 wrote:The problem with your style of play viva is that instead of shooting, you try and pass the ball into the back of the net. The amount of times you passed when in a good shooting position was crazy. If you don't shoot you don't score!

Sorry Nadeem but we both come from different thoughts of school, I am here to entertain the the fans who support my team. I want them to go home and say "Ohh yeah baby now that was a game, Viva entertained us" I am not here to for my own benefit, I want the crowd to be happy.

Chelsea did not win the Champions League last season, they were scared to play Football that was a disgrace, if that was my team I would say "Oi give that trophy back and the medals too" I don't call that Football that is cowardly. I can take most things but not a coward. Ok I did lose to you but we have three more games to play and I bet I'll win the title and winning it in style with my sexy Football from the Newcastle KK days or the Dutch from the 70s. I model myself on Cruyff, Wenger, Pep etc.

I wouldn't be entertained by a team too scared to shoot. Even Cruyff and Pep's teams shoot whenever they are presented with a chance
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

I thought Chelsea's Champions League run last year was exhilarating.

Football is a game that includes defence too. Defence can be as entertaining to me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:00 am

sodhat wrote:Defence can be as entertaining to me.

Thats years of watching West Ham, that is
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

SUPER GRANT HOLT NORWICH'S NUMBER 9!

I'm soo happy still, and school has been cancelled for the day! Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

sodhat wrote:I thought Chelsea's Champions League run last year was exhilarating.

Football is a game that includes defence too. Defence can be as entertaining to me.

I thought it was brilliant. I love it back to the walls stuff. Brilliant!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:06 am

Marky wrote:I was gonna say, it appears Viva is just like Wenger.

All style, no substance.

That is why I included Cruyff and Pep because I win playing great Football. Nadeem should be banned from playing his kick and stomp style that is not Football it's GBH. I will conquer your heart, soul and spirit Nadeem with my brand of sexy Football and win the title. I don't fear no one, I know I will win the title, I just need to practise my methods a little more and a little harder. Sometimes I feel I criticise myself too much but it's only because I want perfection. I will be putting in the hours like Rocky Balbao in Rocky 4 or 2 I don't remember which one but its the one where he works extremly hard.

BigFellasAfro wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
nadeem2099 wrote:The problem with your style of play viva is that instead of shooting, you try and pass the ball into the back of the net. The amount of times you passed when in a good shooting position was crazy. If you don't shoot you don't score!

Sorry Nadeem but we both come from different thoughts of school, I am here to entertain the the fans who support my team. I want them to go home and say "Ohh yeah baby now that was a game, Viva entertained us" I am not here to for my own benefit, I want the crowd to be happy.

Chelsea did not win the Champions League last season, they were scared to play Football that was a disgrace, if that was my team I would say "Oi give that trophy back and the medals too" I don't call that Football that is cowardly. I can take most things but not a coward. Ok I did lose to you but we have three more games to play and I bet I'll win the title and winning it in style with my sexy Football from the Newcastle KK days or the Dutch from the 70s. I model myself on Cruyff, Wenger, Pep etc.

I wouldn't be entertained by a team too scared to shoot. Even Cruyff and Pep's teams shoot whenever they are presented with a chance

There is more to Football then kicking the ball as hard as you can that is no skill, even a 2 year old with a fat leg can do that, I am not impressed by that. Football is a skill and not everyone has the ability to play and it hurts me when players like Nadeem come with their lack of skill and bringing the streets and thuggish behaviour onto a Football game.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

Olly wrote:SUPER GRANT HOLT NORWICH'S NUMBER 9!

I'm soo happy still, and school has been cancelled for the day! Yahoo

You know your team is rubbish when one result doubles their points total Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:10 am

There is more to entertaining football than passing the ball.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:11 am

sodhat wrote:I thought Chelsea's Champions League run last year was exhilarating.

I love defending, it is an art that the Italians made to look like Poetry, it is beautiful, not everyone can master it to the small details. For me clearing off the line or a last ditch slide tackle is like a goal for me. But when you camp right infront of your keeper and make no attempts to attack that is ugly and not Football. At times in a match you will have periods where you defend and defend I understand that but when you do that for 90 minutes and your aim is just to defend and your midfieldersd are all defensive minded and defenders played in midfield that is wrong. That is coward behaviour.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next