The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twelvetrees and Hyperbole? Surely not...

4 posters

Go down

Twelvetrees and Hyperbole?  Surely not... Empty Twelvetrees and Hyperbole? Surely not...

Post by Cumbrian Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:22 pm

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12062_6883348,00.html

For those who can’t access the article, Barnes’ argument runs something along the lines of; Allen= good, Twelvetrees= better. He goes on to say:

‘He [Thirty-six] is not so much one of the future contenders for the international shirt, he is the ONLY one.’

Surely we can’t be so bereft? Can we? If Barnes is to be believed our only viable option for the future is a guy that can’t get past the legend that is Jeremy Staughton. I know most people believe that Cockrill is consistently wrong in this selection. However, I would suggest that it is a sad indictment of the other EQ centres that a kid that is getting virtually no game time is causing them to be overlooked. I suppose that it all depends on who you care to listen to I suppose.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Twelvetrees and Hyperbole?  Surely not... Empty Re: Twelvetrees and Hyperbole? Surely not...

Post by tooboredtowork Tue 26 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

12 is a problem position for us. Interesting to see Bath playing Bannahan there in the absence of Hape (I have never been a fan of his, but so far he is proving me wrong in my initial assessment along the lines of "can't run angles; can't take the ball at pace; lacks guile; isn't and never will be an international centre).
I personally feel that Cipriani would have a glowing future at 12 if only he could learn to tackle, but again that seems unlikely.
The best premiership 12 is still Barkley (pre-injury). It is an enigma to me why he has not made the step up.

An embarrassment of no riches indeed.

tooboredtowork

Back to top Go down

Twelvetrees and Hyperbole?  Surely not... Empty Re: Twelvetrees and Hyperbole? Surely not...

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:22 pm

What happened to Jordan Turner-Hall as the best prospect, surely Brad Baritt is also a major contender, Twelvetrees might well be at the right club to get selected, but he is not regularly selected by the club.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

Turner-hall had almost a season out with injury and im not sure that Barritt is qualified to play for England yet. I certainly dont think that Hape is a long term soloution at inside centre, but i don't know who could fill that position currently.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 27 Apr 2011, 5:50 pm

Barritt is qualified through heritage rather than residency and has played in the Saxons already. I'm a fan but would like to see him use his skills more than he does at the moment, he is doing a good impression of a bosh merchant but is better than that.

It's funny how some players go out of fashion, in 2009 JTH played very well and everybody was calling for him to be in the England squad. He got a game against the Barbarians and did quite well. He got injured and went off the boil and was discarded. This season he has been pretty good and his partnership with George Lowe is one of the most promising in the premiership, yet very few people seem interested in him getting a call. Make no mistakes he has been far superior to DJ Shape in the league this season.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Apr 2011, 5:56 pm

"im not sure that Barritt is qualified to play for England yet. I certainly dont think that Hape is a long term soloution at inside centre"

so swap a kiwi for a Saffa?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down