The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia

+7
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
hampo17
BallchinianMuffwig
KO-KING
11 posters

Go down

Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia Empty Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia

Post by KO-KING Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6KWALkrTpI&feature=g-all-u

In pounds

IBF World Title Fight

Alexander - 146.8
Bailey - 147

Quillin - 159.2
N'Dam - 159

147 WBA World Title
Cano - 148.4
Malignaggi - 146.2

140 Ring, WBC, WBA (super)

Morales - 139.2
Garcia - 139.8

IBF 147 Title Eliminator
Brook -146
Saldivia - 147

Last edited by KO-KING on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia Empty Re: Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:18 am

I hope Morales wasn't juicing and manages to roll back the years. Cannot stand Garcia

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia Empty Re: Weigh in - Weakend Boxing - Garcia vs. Morales, Devon Alexander, Randall Bailey, Hassan N'Dam, Peter Quillin, Malignaggi, Pablo Cesar Cano, Brook, Saldivia

Post by hampo17 Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

Cano came in over? Does that mean they're not having the title on the line or did he come in under at a second attempt?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:18 am

Cano is a lightwelterweight, what's he playing at?

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

I seriously hope Garcia does a number on Morales. A slow sustained beating where Erik quits on his stool will do it for me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

even if it turns out to be a mistake?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:35 am

predictions:

alexander ud
quillin ud
Malignaggi ud
garcia ud

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

Did anyone see the Brook-Saldavia weigh in? the announcer claimed Saldavia (spelling?) weighed in at 8 stone! pillock...

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

azania wrote:I seriously hope Garcia does a number on Morales. A slow sustained beating where Erik quits on his stool will do it for me.
Where are you coming from Morales is one of the great modern day Mexican warriors, disgraceful post.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:41 pm

8 Stone....?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
azania wrote:I seriously hope Garcia does a number on Morales. A slow sustained beating where Erik quits on his stool will do it for me.
Where are you coming from Morales is one of the great modern day Mexican warriors, disgraceful post.

Whilst I do agree, and it hurts me to say because he is one of the great boxers, and one of my favourite boxers of all time hands down, but you have to expect a backlash if he is a proven drugs cheat.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:50 pm

i agree, think if morales carrys on fighting even though he is past his best then it is only a matter of time before he is seriously hurt, rather it happen now than after another 3-4 beatings.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:55 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Whilst I do agree, and it hurts me to say because he is one of the great boxers, and one of my favourite boxers of all time hands down, but you have to expect a backlash if he is a proven drugs cheat.
Fair comment Alex I have no time for drug cheats,I feel a lengthy ban is fitting rather than a slow sustained beating of a once great fighter.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:48 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Did anyone see the Brook-Saldavia weigh in? the announcer claimed Saldavia (spelling?) weighed in at 8 stone! pillock...

Kell Brook - 146

Saldivia - 147

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:55 pm

i dont condone cheating, but there has to be distinction between an out of shape fighter using a weight losing drug in order to save a fight, and a fighter using PEDS to gain extra power or speed. i expect privately the garcia camp would rather morales did what he needed to make weight, rather than waste everyones time and money. IF reports turn out to be correct, then these drugs will only make morales weaker and less effective, not enhance his performance. the only reason they are banned is because they are considered dangerous to a fighters own health before a fight, not because of unfair advantage. some people should educate themselves on what they are talking about before simply looking for the most attention seeking comments to come up with...

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:53 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

While it may very well turn out to be the case, he is not proven until the B test results come through. Until then you are risking calling out an innocent man...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm

Lance wrote:i dont condone cheating, but there has to be distinction between an out of shape fighter using a weight losing drug in order to save a fight, and a fighter using PEDS to gain extra power or speed. i expect privately the garcia camp would rather morales did what he needed to make weight, rather than waste everyones time and money. IF reports turn out to be correct, then these drugs will only make morales weaker and less effective, not enhance his performance. the only reason they are banned is because they are considered dangerous to a fighters own health before a fight, not because of unfair advantage. some people should educate themselves on what they are talking about before simply looking for the most attention seeking comments to come up with...

To be honest if Garcia is going ahead with the fight then it does not sound like there is a sufficient advantage there as the guy is not going to want to risk his record, or career for one fight..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Lance wrote:i dont condone cheating, but there has to be distinction between an out of shape fighter using a weight losing drug in order to save a fight, and a fighter using PEDS to gain extra power or speed. i expect privately the garcia camp would rather morales did what he needed to make weight, rather than waste everyones time and money. IF reports turn out to be correct, then these drugs will only make morales weaker and less effective, not enhance his performance. the only reason they are banned is because they are considered dangerous to a fighters own health before a fight, not because of unfair advantage. some people should educate themselves on what they are talking about before simply looking for the most attention seeking comments to come up with...

Due to the small trace of it, it could infact be through food contamination - like the Berto situation

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:51 pm

spencerclarke wrote:even if it turns out to be a mistake?

If its a mistake I hope Erik spanks him, but can't see it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:53 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Fair comment Alex I have no time for drug cheats,I feel a lengthy ban is fitting rather than a slow sustained beating of a once great fighter.

I don't care how great he was. If he was taking PEDs, then he deserves a serious beat down. Don't get me wrong, the guy is one of my favourite fighters of all time. But taking PEDs is a step too far. Boxing is dangerous enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down