The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Quillin

+4
Scottrf
Imperial Ghosty
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
8 posters

Go down

Peter Quillin Empty Peter Quillin

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

Just a quick one, anyone seen or heard much of Peter Quillin?

Middleweight prospect, making a lot of noise about fighting Martinez. Personally not too clued up on him, so what's he like? And I suppose the ultimate question, could he beat Martinez?

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Peter Quillin Empty Re: Peter Quillin

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:11 pm

not heard much, checked his record out and looks good, he's been well matched and not just thrown in with easy wins. did a quick search for him and not much news. i wonder who promotes hims, not doing a good job.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

He's with GBP.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:22 pm

maybe there waiting to after the summer before announcing the next fight, i hate it when were left in the dark about up and comers. seems nobody has heard the term strike while the irons hot

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:35 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:maybe there waiting to after the summer before announcing the next fight, i hate it when were left in the dark about up and comers. seems nobody has heard the term strike while the irons hot
He only just fought, on the Khan undercard.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

Seems to have a good Jab from what I've seen of him, certainly something he can work behind anyway and should keep opponents away from him. Thought his footwork at times could be a little static during fights.

Biggest problem is I've not seen anyone put him out of his comfort zone yet, which always raises the big two questions. How will his chin hold out and how will his style work under pressure.

He did take out a recent Lucian Bute victim in a quicker time, though I'm not sure how much that really tells us. I think he has potential and dropping down slightly to Middleweight to take on Martinez would be a interesting fight. At this stage its hard to say how he would do in such a fight though.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:maybe there waiting to after the summer before announcing the next fight, i hate it when were left in the dark about up and comers. seems nobody has heard the term strike while the irons hot
He only just fought, on the Khan undercard.

hairy muff

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:33 am

Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin

Preparing for sweet fight

LOS ANGELES (August 4, 2011) – Unbeaten middleweight contender Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillinwants to make-up for lost time, yet, the multi-talented fighter has to remain patient and play the boxing game.

Quillin virtually lost all of 2009 due to a series of injuries -- hand surgery, hairline eye fracture, and then an emergencyappendectomy -- that kept him out of the ring for 1 ½ years.

International Boxing Federation No. 5-rated Quillin (25-0, 19 KOs), fighting out of Los Angeles, basically used late replacement Jason“The Hammer” LeHoullier (21-6-1, 8 KOs) as a human punching bag in their July 23 fight that ended in a fifth-round technical knockout. Quillin’s original opponent, Tarvis Simms, withdrew less than a week prior to their fight due to a broken rib.

“Hey,”Quillin said, “at least I got in a fight and I was able to showcase my talents in Las Vegas, after having eight agonizing weeks of training. Golden Boy delivered. LeHoullier may not have been the opponent I would have liked, but Icame out of that fight in good shape, and I’m ready to return as soon as possible.

”I looked good and did what I said: he’d fall down or quit. That’s my mission every fight. I’m not just out there to look good.”

Quillin’s trainer, Freddie Roach, recently went public saying ‘Kid Chocolate” can beat world middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, who reportedly is tied-up until March. “I’m willing to fight anybody that Golden Boy, Freddie and John Seip (his manager) put in there with me for a major test,” Quillin explained.“Sergio Martinez is the best out there for me. He’s a good athlete, but I can match his athleticism, and I’m a little better boxer. The Paul Williams fight was the only spectacular fight he’s had. The blueprint to beat (Kelly) Pavlik had already been written for him by (Bernard) Hopkins.

“I’m hungry and when I get my chance, I promise that I won’t let anybody down. My team is working together and I’ll be ready.”

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/29361-peter-kid-chocolate-quillin-preparing-for-sweet-fight.html

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:43 am

He comes across pretty well there, though he is a disrespectful little so and so toward Martinez on Twitter.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

He has a pretty tasty looking left hook!

I've watched a few of his fights on Youtube, he puts alot into his shots when his feet are planted. How does he look after round 4 though?

Is he just a 4 round Fighter?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

He fought on the Khan undercard and looks to be a very slick and polished fighter, lots of potential!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how he develops. He is 28 I believe, so no spring chicken, which hopefully means he will fast track to the top if he is good enough.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down