The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin)

+30
MrsP
Portnoy's Complaint
maestegmafia
Hound_of_Harrow
Rava
GavinDragon
ME-109
LeinsterFan4life
BigTrevsbigmac
Scrumdown
glamorganalun
SirJohnnyEnglish
Cari
Morgannwg
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Pot Hale
wales606
kingjohn7
Golden
Rory_Gallagher
XR
the-goon
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
SecretFly
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
Mickado
thebluesmancometh
thebandwagonsociety
34 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin) - Page 8 Empty Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin)

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:23

First topic message reminder :

Leinster squad update
There are no major injury concerns arising from Saturday’s games in Wales, where the senior team recorded their second Pool victory in the Heineken Cup over the Scarlets, while the province’s ‘A’ team were narrowly edged by Pontypridd in Sardis Road.
Gordon D’Arcy successfully came through 80 minutes after his recent rib injury, while Richardt Strauss received stitches to a cut on his chin.

It is hoped that Rob Kearney (back) will be available this weekend while Quinn Roux (ankle) will also continue to be assessed by the medical team.

Rhys Ruddock successfully came through his first run out of the season in Pontypridd and he is set to be joined in the mix for selection this week by Dave Kearney for the visit of Cardiff.

Second row Tom Denton was a late withdrawal from the ‘A’ game with minor calf tightening but that will not affect his availability this week when the team is named at Friday lunchtime.

Ticket sales for Saturday’s game have passed the 15,000 mark

The match is due to be televised on RTE.
Things are getting positive on the injury front, some good depth getting back fit.

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : scores)

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin) - Page 8 Empty Re: Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin)

Post by Mickado Tue 30 Oct 2012, 11:53

I thought Carr was at fault for 2 of their tries. He's a known quantity in that respect, a very dodgy defender.

Delighted to see D.Kearney back on the pitch and in smashing form, thought McFadden really stood out for us and Darcy had (another) excellent game. BOD was spinning the ball on his finger before he went off...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin) - Page 8 Empty Re: Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Leinster 59 v 22 Cardiff Blues @ 18:30 Saturday 27 October (RDS, Dublin)

Post by Gibson Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:48

Mickado wrote:I thought Carr was at fault for 2 of their tries. He's a known quantity in that respect, a very dodgy defender.

Delighted to see D.Kearney back on the pitch and in smashing form, thought McFadden really stood out for us and Darcy had (another) excellent game. BOD was spinning the ball on his finger before he went off...

Yes Mick. I watched the game again in detail and you are spot on. Darcy & BOD (especially) are starting to reel in the years again. Mcfadden was superb. D. Kearney caused havoc. Jordi played like Wally(2nd div Jenno). Must have been nice to watch that live bud.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:01; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:53

Gibson wrote:
Mickado wrote:I thought Carr was at fault for 2 of their tries. He's a known quantity in that respect, a very dodgy defender.

Yes Mick. I watched the game again in detail and you are spot on. Darcy & BOD (especially) are starting to reel in the years again. Mcfadden was superb. As was Jordi. Must have been nice to watch that live bud.

I don't know if it was the poor defending or the lads kicking in to gear or both......but BOD in particular was stepping by guys, ghosting through gaps, handing off their forwards. Serious attacking stuff.

McFadden looks very good this season so far IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:57

Was Carr at fault for the ball that bounced away from him? I saw people criticising him before I saw the highlights of the match and it was kind of made out that he was at fullback and let the ball bounce instead of trying to catch it..... thought it was more than harsh on second viewing (and I ain't a fan of his defensive abilities anyway).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:09

Carr & Conway have both really missed their golden opportunity this season - so far. Both of em really need to step it up when the Big Boys are away in Nov and the start of Dec.

O Malley is back soon. Man how we´ve missed him from the start of the season. Its looking like Ryan is well on his way back also.

Fitz & SOB looking good for ASM maybe.

For shure I am feeling de poshitive vibes emanating from our team, ja.

Lets hope Deccie doesn´t feic it up now.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:14

Totally agree Carr and COnway really have missed the boat, for Carr that could be him done in Dublin unless he does well in the 6n

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:18

Gibson wrote:

For shure I am feeling de poshitive vibes emanating from our team, ja.

Lets hope Deccie doesn´t feic it up now.

Joe will have the concerned close-up, filling the cinema screen, as the sound of slow-shuffling, studded boots walk into the dressing room.

There will be uneasy coughs and throat clearing as Joe stands in-front of the blackboard, swallowing some saliva to moisten his throat.

The returning Leinster Galacticos sit in silence...some of them on their mobiles tweeting, others looking to the ceiling....

Joe begins by tentatively scrawling a badly drawn large oval onto the blackboard. He points to it: "Okay guys, - this - is a rugby ball..........."

The Movie will be called "The Day After the Earth Stood Still"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:25

Gibson wrote:Carr & Conway have both really missed their golden opportunity this season - so far. Both of em really need to step it up when the Big Boys are away in Nov and the start of Dec.

Conway is a young fella and still not developed physically, that is obvious when you look at him. This is his first run at senior level. Its hardly fair to lump him in with Carr who is 25 and has had 3 or 4 seasons at this level.

Conway has plenty of potential and needs patient. Carr is a good finisher but has too many substandard elements to his game for the top level. He can still improve but I doubt he will improve enough to be a Leinster standard player.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:28

Gibson wrote:

Yes Mick. I watched the game again in detail and you are spot on. Darcy & BOD (especially) are starting to reel in the years again. Mcfadden was superb. D. Kearney caused havoc. Jordi played like Wally(2nd div Jenno). Must have been nice to watch that live bud.

I was at a wedding actually Gibbo, it certainly was nice to watch it all in my jocks on the couch with a hangover though Smile

Band, yeah fair enough, maybe he shouldn't have let it bounce, maybe he was too far away from it, but for another one of the tries i think he was caught badly out of position.

I see Healy has injured his shoulder, he was holding it after the try, some reach for it though!

It was also particularly nice to see Heaslip bag a brace after the crep that he was getting on here last week, no doubt he was only upping his game to make the Lion squad Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 30 Oct 2012, 13:50

this looks very positive

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/10551.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8