The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested

+11
raycastleunited
Doon the Water
haystongolfer
gaelgowfer
JAS
super_realist
oldshanker
George1507
McLaren
Redrage
Shotrock
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested - Page 2 Empty Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested

Post by Shotrock Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am planning a trip to Scotland next Spring - fluid at this point, exact dates TBD. Knowing that this board is full of some very well informed people, I am seeking advice on courses and areas to consider. A friend of mine is a member at Royal Dornoch, so I may gravitate towards that area, depending upon other courses to seek out in and around there. If it matters, this will be a small group - only 4 of us (two from America, one from England and one from Ireland, so we'll be able to share driving duties pretty easily). Any and all thoughts appreciated!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested

Post by Doon the Water Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:38 am

It is bloomin raining in the West today, and yesterday, and the day before.
The day before that was nice though.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf in Scotland - Advice Requested

Post by Diggers Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

All those horrible midges up in Scotland as well, very annoying. Though think they are mainly west as well, which begs the question, why does anyone live in the west of Scotland ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:21 am

......and then you've got the horrible little flies that bite you too Diggers. drumroll

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:23 am

why does anyone live in a city. i've hardly allowed myself to breath since moving to edinburgh when out and about. whenever i go home to my rural roots it's a holiday for my lungs.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

And Edinburgh is tiny really, about the same size as Leicester, though a fair bit prettier.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

Diggers wrote:All those horrible midges up in Scotland as well, very annoying. Though think they are mainly west as well, which begs the question, why does anyone live in the west of Scotland ?

... because they only bite the english!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

The Scots and Irish should get together Gael. Lots of chips on the Scottish shoulder re. the English which is exactly what the Irish crave.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:
Diggers wrote:All those horrible midges up in Scotland as well, very annoying. Though think they are mainly west as well, which begs the question, why does anyone live in the west of Scotland ?

Cant blame them for wanting a bit of quality Gael !!

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

Diggers wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:

Cant blame them for wanting a bit of quality Gael !!

Laugh OK

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2