The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Connacht RP12

+7
Morgannwg
Ospreydragon
LeinsterFan4life
HERSH
profitius
thespreys
maestegmafia
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ospreys v Connacht RP12 - Page 2 Empty Ospreys v Connacht RP12

Post by maestegmafia Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 13:04

First topic message reminder :

Ospreys v Connacht
27/10/12 14:30

OSPREYS TEAM
15 Richard Fussell, 14 Hanno Dirksen, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Eli Walker, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Kahn Fotuali'i
1 Ryan Bevington, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt), 5 Ian Evans, 6 Joe Bearman, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Jonathan Thomas

REPLACEMENTS
16 Matthew Dwyer, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Joe Rees, 19 James King, 20 George Stowers, 21 Rhys Webb, 22 Matthew Morgan, 23 Tom Isaacs

Connacht XV

15. Darragh Leader, 14. Tiernan O'Halloran, 13. Robbie Henshaw, 12. Mata Fifita, 11. Fetu'u Vainikolo, 10. Dan Parks, 9. Kieran Marmion,
1. Brett Wilkinson, 2. Jason Harris-Wright, 3. Nathan White (captain), 4. Michael Swift, 5. George Naoupu, 6. John Muldoon, 7. Willie Faloon, 8. Eoin McKeon

Replacements

16. Adrian Flavin, 17. Ronan Loughney, 18. Rodney Ah You, 19. Dave Gannon, 20. Johnny O'Connor, 21. Dave Moore, 22. Miah Nikora, 23. Danie Poolman

FORM GUIDE

Ospreys

Benetton Treviso 12 - 6 Ospreys RP12
Ospreys 13 - 16 Ulster Rugby RP12
Ospreys 10 - 28 Glasgow Warriors RP12
Scarlets 16 - 23 Ospreys RP12
Ospreys 30 - 15 Munster Rugby RP12
Zebre 16 - 34 Ospreys RP12
Ospreys 38 - 17 Benetton Treviso HEC
Leicester Tigers 39 - 22 Ospreys HEC

Connacht

Connacht 9 v 13 Cardiff Blues RP12
Zebre 17 v 30 Connacht RP12
Connacht 11 v 24 Scarlets RP12
Glasgow Warriors 27 v 17 Connacht RP12
Connacht 34 v 6 Leinster RP12
Ulster 25 v 0 Connacht RP12
Zebre 10 v 19 Connacht HEC
Connacht 22 v 30 Harlequins 18:00 HEC

Tickets for the game are on sale now at the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office, via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 and online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:55; edited 2 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Connacht RP12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys v Connacht RP12

Post by Shifty Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:41

HERSH wrote:What was the attendance?

The Ospreys website aren't saying!

About 8,500 from what I remember the announcer saying.

Decent game of rugby to be honest both teams tried to move the ball out and entertain. The Connacht team brought a section of very vocal fans with them who seemed to be having a good time, which was great to see. The Ospreys were by far the better team though and you always felt they were going to win and get the bonus point, though Connacht fought hard and competed. Dan Parks was at his usual best booting the ball up field every chance he got and Fussell, Walker and Dirksen had great fun on the hard pitch under the sun running right back at them.

Eli Walker looks to be finally realising his potential he is making brilliant breaks and jinking past players in a manner that would of Shane Williams proud, he is stepping up to the mark for the Ospreys and we look to have a dangerous back line again. Jarvis was again a real concern for the Ospreys though we gave away penalty after penalty in the scrums on his side what the hell the Welsh coaches see in him I have no idea, he has cost the Ospreys dearly in kickable penalties from collapsed scrums this season and will cost Wales dearly too in the Autumn. Still a decent day at the office for the Ospreys.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 13:53

Maes you wasn't there then was you, your local team had 2 of the 6 tag teams for the H/T entertainment, they also virtually took over the KFC before proceedings.
Shifty, I believe you are being very harsh on Jarvis, the ref George Clancy didn't have a clue, the first scrum he penalised was against us, I said to the supporter nearest to me that he would penalise Connaught next and was right, next was us penalised and Connaught the following, all these scrums took place on your side of the pitch, late in the 2nd half there was a scrum about 20 yards in front of me, the touch judge was the Welsh International referee James Jones, where does Clancy stand between Jones and the touchline and he gave a penalty to Connaught when their prop turned inwards first, Jones was shaking his head.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 16:20

wayne wrote:Maes you wasn't there then was you, your local team had 2 of the 6 tag teams for the H/T entertainment, they also virtually took over the KFC before proceedings.

No I was t there, unfortunately for me my current local team is Bath RFC. And I didn't get to see them either yesterday.

This league is going to be a tough one this year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 18:24

The scrum is a lottery, made worse by the new laws and poor quality refereeing. But for the Ospreys to complain that they should not be penalised because they have a good scrum is ridiculous.

Binding correctly (on the jersey not the arm), pushing straight, not pushing early, etc, etc. Have you ever seen a scrum where none of the laws are broken?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 18:40

Seagultaf wrote:The scrum is a lottery, made worse by the new laws and poor quality refereeing. But for the Ospreys to complain that they should not be penalised because they have a good scrum is ridiculous.

Binding correctly (on the jersey not the arm), pushing straight, not pushing early, etc, etc. Have you ever seen a scrum where none of the laws are broken?

If this is aimed at me, where did I say that they should never be penalised, all of your instances of foul play more than likely happen in the majority of scrums, what bugs me the majority of Rabo referees have no idea what is going on, why they stand on many occasions between the scrum and the nearest touchline is beyond me, I'm a former hooker and that final scrum was about 20 yards away he also had an International referee within 15 metres and he got it wrong.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2