The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streaming of fights

+13
TopHat24/7
azania
88Chris05
Union Cane
Lumbering_Jack
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
Rowley
17 posters

Go down

Streaming of fights  Empty Streaming of fights

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Given a good number of big fights now appear on either boxnation, primetime or other channels that require a financial outlay to view I have noticed on a number of occasions around the times of these fights users make references to streams for these fights or requesting links for these fights, with varying degrees of subtlety, the more quick witted amongst you will have also noticed these comments, links or requests are deleted in double quick time.

I am writing this thread to reiterate that we have a zero tolerance approach to streaming and moving forward, as I have no desire to spend ages deleting these comments, those that persist in posting up links, requests for links or subtle requests for weather reports or whatever ingenious euphemisms we are currently using will be banned.

I have genuinely no desire to unpick what I am sure is a fairly complex legal issue and am woefully unqualified to do so, however irrespective of the legal rights or wrongs the reality is we do not own this forum we rent space from a provider company, they have a zero tolerance approach to streaming and as such we also have to, for the simple reason that if we are seen to be turning a blind eye to these things there is the very real possibility they will kick us off or refuse to lease us the space, which basically means the forum is finished.

Also from a more practical point of view as you are all aware we need advertising to operate, the place simply gets too much traffic to operate without it. As was mentioned in the initial discussions about advertising, the aim was and still is to have the advertising as work friendly as possible and avoid such things as mail order brides or “gentlemen’s” tablets of questionable medical benefit. The ideal scenario is that the advertising we attract will be specific to the sports we cover as the potential associated benefits such as competitions, discounts, Q&A’s etc should be obvious to us all. What should also be equally as obvious is our chances of attracting such advertisers are somewhat reduced if we openly allow threads showing where the fights they are either promoting or showing can be viewed by circumventing the proper channels.

Finally from a personal perspective I have IT skills which even if I was to describe them as limited I would be building my part up, I am a clueless luddite when it comes to these things and despite this on the rare occasions I have decided to watch things on streams I have managed to do it without putting a thread up on here or asking for assistance, which means anyone else should be able to do likewise, because if you can’t you’re clearly so stupid that the inability to watch a fight should be the least of your worries.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Streaming of fights  Empty Re: Streaming of fights

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:20 pm

the aim was and still is to have the advertising as work friendly as possible and avoid such things as mail order brides or “gentlemen’s” tablets of questionable medical benef

Missing a trick as far as this this poster is concerned.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Also, if you are going to stream fights, it isn't rocket science to find out on your own. Makes me laugh that so many so called boxing fans haven't figured out the 1 or 2 dead cert sites to watch boxing?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

In reference to this, I agree, the weather report is most certainly not the best way to circumvent this.

If anyone would like links to aquatic pond life studies howeever, please feel free to PM me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Jabmachine I hope thats not a reference to your tadpoles

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

ghost

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 pm

rowley wrote:

Also from a more practical point of view as you are all aware we need advertising to operate, the place simply gets too much traffic to operate without it.

I wish the traffic was like this on the way to work....... Seems very quiet these days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Just to clarify, as the website owners aren't in control of freedom of speech there's zero they can be done for. They (probably) state that any views are representative of their views hence we're free to post such links, albeit they'll get removed upon request.

End story: Posting them is no worse than PM'ng someone the link.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:40 am

Coxy you seem to miss the bit where I said I don't give a monkies on the legal technicalities. What I do care about is the people who own the forum do not want links posting up or discussing or the moderation team adopting a laissez faire attitude to those that do. Pretty much everything else beyond this point becomes irrelevant. If they had said they do not want us swearing or having user names with numbers in we would similarly have to abide by these requests irrespective of the legal position or how seemingly arbitrary or unreasonable the request was.

If that offends you from a legal perspective feel free to set up your own similar forum and if they adopt a similar stance you can go all Rumpole of the Bailey on them over there but as there are many of us on here with no desire to see the place shut down we will be observing and respecting their wishes on this issue. Your initial sentence is also being removed, post it again and you're gone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 am

There is also the consideration that the legal prowess of the renaissance man that is coxy might be suspect.

As for the request its not an unreasonable one - please dont allow potentially criminal activities in the office we are renting you.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 am

There is also the consideration that the legal prowess of the renaissance man that is coxy might be suspect.

I can assure you that it is!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:01 am

superflyweight wrote:

I can assure you that it is!

There is so much wrong with that sentence anyway.

'Renaissance', 'Prowess'. 'Man' even. None of these are words I would ever associate with Coxy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 am

Last edited by Lumbering_Jack on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

So Coxy is an economist, an expert website developer/designer and also understands copyright laws too. Not to mention the fact he once bowled out Brian Lara with a tennis ball.

Wow, truly a man of many talents.

What else can you do?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:23 am

You missed him being capable of playing on the PGA tour at golf as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:So Coxy is an economist, an expert website developer/designer and also understands copyright laws too. Not to mention the fact he once bowled out Brian Lara with a tennis ball.

What else can you do?

Fly.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 am

rowley wrote:You missed him being capable of playing on the PGA tour at golf as well.

Are you sure? Wasn't he referring to the Professional Golfer's Association at Cricket?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 am

Should have a 606 Society Golf Day. All bring £50 and the lowest scores wins the pot.

Well I say 'pot' but I really mean line my pockets.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 am

coxy0001 wrote:Should have a 606 Society Golf Day. All bring £50 and the lowest scores wins the pot.

I'm in.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am

Golf is dull enough as it is, but walking around with Coxy for a few hours makes it even less appealing.

For that reason. I'm out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Golf is dull enough as it is, but walking around with Coxy for a few hours makes it even less appealing.

You are so miserable. How about if Coxy was able to pair you up with Fanny for the 18 holes?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am

I don't own any clothes hideous enough to get me entry to a golf course. Plus I don't own any golf bats. And golf is the most boring 'sport' ever to grace this planet, I'm out.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Golf is dull enough as it is, but walking around with Coxy for a few hours makes it even less appealing.

You are so miserable. How about if Coxy was able to pair you up with Fanny for the 18 holes?

I see what you did there.

No.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:

A Fanny or 'thee' Fanny Sunneson? Tina would only try and stick his pin in the hole only to come up short.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:40 am

Just me and Sir Nick then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 am

In fairness, Tina won't struggle with the fanny what with him being a hugely successful trader.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:In fairness, Tina won't struggle with the fanny what with him being a hugely successful trader.

Neither will you, what with you been hugely good looking and ripped.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 am

People are so uncouth on this site sometimes. I meant the swedish lady who used to handle Faldo's sack.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 am

Laugh

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 am

seanmichaels wrote:People are so uncouth on this site sometimes. I meant the swedish lady who used to handle Faldo's sack.

I once tried to get a Swedish lady to handle my sack, she stopped doing it after I finished to quickly on the first hole.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:People are so uncouth on this site sometimes. I meant the swedish lady who used to handle Faldo's sack.

I once tried to get a Swedish lady to handle my sack, she stopped doing it after I finished to quickly on the first hole.

Maybe you should have played the back nine instead?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 am

I'm in. Hope Fanny's there as I fancy a hole in one! It would be easy money off Coxy also. Would like to give that arrogant mummy's boy a slap at his favourite sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:In fairness, Tina won't struggle with the fanny what with him being a hugely successful trader.

I thought you'd recently resigned your lucrative hedge-fund career Tino.... Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I thought you'd recently resigned your lucrative hedge-fund career Tino.... Whistle

He quit while he was ahead - He heeded the lesson of the saying. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

Oh is Primetime back now is he! Kicking off threatening to withdraw his free T-shirts comps if the site is not cleaned up.

Stick it to the man!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:So Coxy is an economist, an expert website developer/designer and also understands copyright laws too. Not to mention the fact he once bowled out Brian Lara with a tennis ball.

What else can you do?

Fly.

Perhaps you could demonstrate at your nearest multi-storey carpark?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Oh is Primetime back now is he! Kicking off threatening to withdraw his free T-shirts comps if the site is not cleaned up.

Stick it to the man!!

He was very patient with me this morning. Not sure if he cottoned on to the fact I was taking the pi55 though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

two_tone wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

What else can you do?

Fly.

Perhaps you could demonstrate at your nearest multi-storey carpark?

He already did in his role as BBC'S Sherlock which is a documentary based on his life.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 am

Am bumping this, not because it is a particularly good thread but because the Hatton fight is on this weekend and so should anyone feel the odd urge to make non too subtle references to the streaming of fights they can have nothing to whinge about should they find themselves unable to log on next Monday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 am

Ego.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 am

If anyone lives near the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent, they are showing it on one of their cinema screens!

A mate decided to be born on the day of the fight so committed to a party which was booked long before the fight was made Sad

Doubt i'll miss much though (famous last words!)

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:If anyone lives near the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent, they are showing it on one of their cinema screens!

And the Odeon in Sheffield City centre, see this is nice, discussing perfectly legal means by which to watch the fight

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:38 am

seanmichaels wrote:
rowley wrote:

Also from a more practical point of view as you are all aware we need advertising to operate, the place simply gets too much traffic to operate without it.

I wish the traffic was like this on the way to work....... Seems very quiet these days.

It's dead compared to some. Somewhat stuffy and staid.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down