The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

+18
123skelm
alive555
Dorothy_Mantooth
Manky-Flanker
KickAndChase
GLove39
jimbopip
Kingshu
VinceWLB
Scot Abroad
EST
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
sensisball
Imperialbigdave
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cryptoyourisan
UlstermaninGlasgow
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors  - Page 2 Empty Benetton Treviso vs Glasgow Warriors 27th October 2012 18.00 BST

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Benetton Treviso: McLean; Loamanu, Benvenuti, Sgarbi, Iannone; Burton, Botes; Vosawai, Zanni, Favaro; Van Zyl, Minto; Di Santo, Sbaraglini, Fernandez-Rouyet. A disp.: Ghiraldini, Rizzo, Cittadini, Pavanello, Bernabò, Filippucci, Semenzato, Williams. All. Smith.

GLASGOW WARRIORS TEAM TO PLAY TREVISO IN THE RABODIRECT PRO12 AT THE STADIO DI MONIGO ON SATURDAY 27 OCTOBER (KICK-OFF 6.05PM UK TIME, LIVE ON BBC ALBA)

15 Peter Murchie

14 Tommy Seymour
13 Stuart Hogg
12 Alex Dunbar
11 Niko Matawalu

10 Ruaridh Jackson
9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Ryan Grant
2 Finlay Gillies
3 Mike Cusack
4 Tom Ryder
5 Al Kellock (CAPTAIN)
6 Rob Harley
7 John Barclay
8 Ryan Wilson

SUBSTITUTES

16 Dougie Hall
17 Ofa Fainga’anuku
18 Gordon Reid
19 Tim Swinson
20 James Eddie
21 Scott Wight
22 Troy Nathan
23 Taylor Paris

Not considered for selection due to injury: Chris Cusiter (shoulder), Ed Kalman (back), Rory Lamont (leg), Sean Lamont (face), Moray Low (knee), Pat MacArthur (foot), Angus Macdonald (neck), Byron McGuigan (ribs), Graeme Morrison (knee), DTH van der Merwe (hamstring), Jon Welsh (shoulder), Duncan Weir (knee)
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

Post by George Carlin Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:30 am

Jimbopip - you are quite right, of course, but I've never let fairness or a need to not be facetious get in the way of an attempt to squeeze out a cheap laugh. OK

I agree that we've seen enough so far to know that we have no excuses for being absent from contention in the business end of the season. When the backline starts to mend and the likes of Strauss come into their own, we will give anyone a game.

It's a very interesting question as to how much credit should go to his Toonieness for the signings. We will never know the answer, I suspect, but there's no way whatsoever that Lineen wasn't behind Maitland. He was a long-lead project for him 2 years ago. I still think that Macdonald could show us something - class is permanent etc, he just needs to realise that he needs to up his game from the powderpuff nonsense that is the Shane Williams, sorry 'Japanese', league.

One thing perhaps not talked about enough has been the real effort made by players that might conventionally be considered second stringers to play their bits off in the absence of injured colleagues. Seymour, Cusack, Niko and Horne are the obvious examples and I have to give credit to the Ruck Inspector for being a strong leader throughout.

Glasgow - hard as nails, difficult to beat, hearts on their sleeve, happy in a small new home.

Edinburgh - flaky, borderline metrosexual, problems fronting up to conflict, not happy with the state of their large, luxury accommodation.

Parallels to the natives in each city, perhaps? Ok!
Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabo Direct Pro12 Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

Post by jimbopip Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:34 am

Georgieboy, your carlingness continues to brighten up a damp and dank half-term spent at the mother-in law's palatial abode. Having grown up (sort of) in Glasgow and studied (badly) in Edinburgh you are spot on. Big Al is Glasgow through and through and the likes of Cusack, Grant ,Swinson are all taking their lead from him. Who is there in Edinburgh who epitomises the core values of the club? A couple of seasons ago it might have been Roddy Grant but I was at the match at Firhill when Barclay skelped him and put him in his place,( then Dan Parks gave a masterclass in controlling a game - he was so close to being a very, very good stand off) So metrosexual Festival luvvies they shall remain.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:23 am

Laugh Classic, j-pip

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:36 pm

George, Jpip, tremendous stuff guys. Metrosexual Festival Luvvies - that has a ring to it - can I use it for them ? laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm

21st thanks
So metrosexual Festival luvvies they shall remain. .
It does have a ring to it and as it seems guaranteed to upset someone somewhere why not?
p.s. I have a kiwi colleague at work and I happened to mention that her rendition of the English language reminded me of Andre Previn on the Morecambe and Wise show. All the right vowels but not neccesarilly in the right order.
Her reply was, "Steck a blick deg ip yir erss!" Feel free to share this with any kiwis in Metrosexual Junkieland next weekend.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:29 pm

Laugh

Excellent banter.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm

Hey! Taking pride in our personal hygeine shouldnt be a point of ridicule. soap dodging scallywags!
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2