The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years

+13
AlastairW
ME-109
yappysnap
formerly known as Sam
Jenifer McLadyboy
Bathite
HongKongCherry
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
ChequeredJersey
Poorfour
HERSH
Rugby Fan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years - Page 2 Empty Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Some good news for Harlequins, 3 more years seasons for Nick Evans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20168989

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Nov 2012, 1:53 pm

Big wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Sorry Jimpy but Quins no longer fear Leicester. Why would they?

Because they have us at the Stoop next, and are seemingly incapable of beating us there?

What odds they chicken out of the home game and move that one down the road!? Whistle

Reasonably short odds I think
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Evans extends Quins contract for 3 more years

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Nov 2012, 1:54 pm

For financial reasons if nothing else
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:If Evans is so good why does he rarely seem to perform against Sarries?

Sorry I personally can't rate Evans as the best fly half in England when he's so poor against my side. He either cracks or gets himself injured.

To be fair he's not the only Quins' fly half who has a poor game when facing Sarries. Clegg normally implodes in more emphatic fashion.

Like most fly halves when he's put under pressure by a decent defence, strong backrow and starved of possession he cracks.

Got to add some balance to all the hype.

Good signing for Quins of course but I personally would still have Hodgson as my club fly half every day of the week.

Saracns, the benchmark by which all other teams and players are measured against...

picard

And that has to do with what I said how exactly?

picard

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:24 pm

Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:If Evans is so good why does he rarely seem to perform against Sarries?

Sorry I personally can't rate Evans as the best fly half in England when he's so poor against my side. He either cracks or gets himself injured.

To be fair he's not the only Quins' fly half who has a poor game when facing Sarries. Clegg normally implodes in more emphatic fashion.

Like most fly halves when he's put under pressure by a decent defence, strong backrow and starved of possession he cracks.

Got to add some balance to all the hype.

Good signing for Quins of course but I personally would still have Hodgson as my club fly half every day of the week.

Saracns, the benchmark by which all other teams and players are measured against...

picard

And that has to do with what I said how exactly?

picard

If Saracens aren't the benchmark then who are? Leicester who Quins manhandled? I doubt it.

Why don't you actually talk about Nick Evans? I know you don't like to stay on topic but please try.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:26 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:For financial reasons if nothing else

Maybe not actually. I've just checked the dates and that one is during the 6 nations. It's a rest weekend, so it wouldn't clash with an England game - but they would be without all their internationals so it may not be considered enough of a draw to justify it. Not really sure how that affects the likely outcome of the match. I suppose it depends how the players do between now and then and how many from each side end up away with the EPS.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

As Quins are the reigning champions I'd say they are the benchmark...

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

Big wrote:As Quins are the reigning champions I'd say they are the benchmark...

And current Premiership leaders!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

Big they would be the benchmark for Leicester with your recent record against Quins.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:47 pm

beshocked wrote:Big they would be the benchmark for Leicester with your recent record against Quins.

They would. Just. They beat us by a single score in the final last year and all credit to them for doing that. But that is all that seperates the team. In terms league matches it is evens at best. They've won a couple on the bounce at Welford Road, but our record at the Stoop is rather more impressive. They haven't won a regular home league game against us since 2002/2003.

It's an oddity of recent years that we seem to have done better away from home than we have at home against our main rivals.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

Big wrote:
beshocked wrote:Big they would be the benchmark for Leicester with your recent record against Quins.

They would. Just. They beat us by a single score in the final last year and all credit to them for doing that. But that is all that seperates the team. In terms league matches it is evens at best. They've won a couple on the bounce at Welford Road, but our record at the Stoop is rather more impressive. They haven't won a regular home league game against us since 2002/2003.

It's an oddity of recent years that we seem to have done better away from home than we have at home against our main rivals.

Time for that to change...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 02 Nov 2012, 11:28 pm

The Bench mark is that Nev played 16 times for the AB's the best team in the world! The only reason that he isn't still there and probably on over 100 caps by now is that the best flyhalf and possibly player in the world happened to rock up soon after. Luckily for all of us Nick decided to cut his losses and come north.

No other 10 currently playing in the NH would make it in to the AB's. Hodgson is very good at Sarries and a consumate pro but he is not and never was AB grade.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2