The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TASTY FANTASY FIGHTS

+3
TRUSSMAN66
Lumbering_Jack
Haito
7 posters

Go down

TASTY FANTASY FIGHTS Empty TASTY FANTASY FIGHTS

Post by Haito Sun 04 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

Afternoon fella's

For a bit of fun and hopefully discussion, thought id throw up a few tasty fantasy fights for us to muse over. All these fights would take place with the respective fighters all in their best years.

Super featherweight
Naseem Hamed vs Manny Pacman

Although a huge fan of Hamed, I think Manny's awesome punch output, relentless pressure and courage would see him through to a decision. I dont think Hamed would have liked this fight one bit. Id have never put a bet on it though as Manny can be dropped and there were not many better than Hamed at finding the game changer. One i would never have missed.

Super Middleweight
Nigel Benn vs Arthur Abraham

Obviously its the 90's so ive gotta put Nige in!.

I think this fight would explode in the mid rounds as both fighters would engage in some great toe-to-toe battles. I think Abraham is the better boxer of the two when in the mood but he loves a fight and is the more static of the two. Its his tendency to switch off that would be the decider here i think. Benn to land the more shots in a trade off and be the victor in a barn stormer!.

Super Middleweight.
Chris Eubank vs Carl Froch

This would be a half and half fight i feel. There would be some breathtaking exchanges in between some cat and mouse rounds as Eubank tried to slow the pace down. Cant see a knock out here as both these guys have great chins!. Il be honest i have changed my mind on the outcome though. I did a similar fantasy fight on the old 606 awhile back and picked Eubank to edge this by a decision. However i do still think Eubank is the classier out of the two but i now feel Froch's superior work rate would see him nick this as Eubank much preferred to fight in spurts and i dont see him being able to outwork Froch.

Agree, Disagree??

Last edited by Haito on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

TASTY FANTASY FIGHTS Empty Re: TASTY FANTASY FIGHTS

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:05 pm

Think Hamed has a very good shout of stopping Manny. Mp would win rounds on work rate but few can punch like Hamed and Manny is not hard to find. Manny points or Hamed KO

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

How did I know Nigel Benn would be in one.. Cool

How's the shrine.. zen

Much rather see Hearns vs Benn.........

Manny wins a wide decision..............over the bullying cretin..

Benn by mid-late stoppage

Not sure about Eubank-Froch........not the easiest fight to "see".....

Could go either way...but Eubank by decision!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:01 pm

Ofcourse it was gonna mention Benn Truss!

Hearns - Benn yeah would have been great fun whilst it lasted.

Eubank was my decision previously but just think Eubank would struggle to outpoint Froch as he liked to take breaks during rounds and slow it down. whereas Froch is able to apply himself for longer and with more authority.

Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

As a side note. Although still relative early days in his career how about George Groves vs prime Benn or Eubank??.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

I actually fancy Hamed to beat the featherweight version of Pacquiao on points, at the weight he has a clear edge in power while his awkwardness would cause a whole host of problems against a fighter without the know how of Barrera.

Would have to query why Benn vs Abraham would be at 168lbs when they were at there most destructive at middleweight but either way think the more gung ho Benn grinds out a close decision win maybe stopping him late.

Froch vs Eubank would be won solely on work rate, neither has the power to hurt the other so the more eye catching combinations of Froch would win the day.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:26 pm

Wow I would have loved to see Froch Eubank! That would have been a war!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

I think Hamed would have struggled with the pace of Manny. Although he wasnt as high intensity as he is now he was still very busy and one thing Hamed liked was time. Give Hamed time and he would punish you. Rush him and he would get wild.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:44 pm

I can't see past a froch win. I just feel he would be able to bully eubank too much. It would be a good fight but froch to win by a few rounds.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm

Benn vs mcallum at 160 is another mouth watering tasty...........Haito!!!

Not sure who I'd pick...maybe mike to overcome Benn late.....

Trussman vs Meg Ryan is another !!.........Ryan by disq after all the hugging and biting Truss does on the inside!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:51 pm

McCallum to do to Benn exactly what Watson and Eubank did to him at 160 lb, for me Truss; overcome the early onslaught, take him in to deep water and drown him from the mid stages onwards. His early shootout with Jackson aside, McCallum always tended to be a slow burner in his biggest fights. He had the knack of grinding his man down, and he was such a canny fighter that I think he could defend in such a way to force Benn to punch himself out while not really having any major success.

McCallum by TKO any stage after the seventh or eighth, as you allude to.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:54 pm

Benn punched harder than those two though Mate.......

Ask Barkley who could take a shot.....

But you're right.....in the sense I can't see Mccallum licking canvas but Benn could dig..which makes it more interesting..

You know I was shocked Graham didn't beat Mike.....Great talent but always seem to bottle the big one..........shame...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:54 pm

Good shout that Truss. Bodysnatcher vs Benn would have been a cracker. Mcallum was the superior boxer who also had a great chin so unless Benn caught him with an absolute monster i cant see past a Mcallum stoppage late on would have some exciting moments though.

More of a Jennifer Lawrence man myself!
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:00 pm

He definitely had the style to beat McCallum, I agree. He had McCallum missing and seriously confused for six or seven rounds before he just stopped working for some strange reason.

A real fight of two halves, that one. Graham looking a million dollars on the outside for the first half, McCallum dominating and out-working his man on the inside in the second.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:03 pm

You know I was shocked Graham didn't beat Mike.....Great talent but always seem to bottle the big one..........shame...
---------------------------------------------------

Bomber was on sky not too long ago and he admitted his biggest problem was switching off and lacking focus. He genuinely believed that he was gonna blitz everyone he stepped in the ring with such was his confidence in his own ability.

Shame really as if his mindset matched his skillset, he would have been one hell of a fighter!, Both Benn and Eubank have admitted they wanted nothing to do with him. Huge risk, little reward.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down