The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII

+13
cherriesfna
Russell_Elmo
Trebs
Marky
Bull
TwisT
GSC
FIFA Diva
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Afro
sodhat
Fernando
Hero
17 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII - Page 3 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII

Post by Hero Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Teams in The Fan league, PM tactics to Sodhat , send votes to Hero
Teams in the Cherries League, PM tactics to Hero & Afro, send votes to Sodhat

CUP TACTICS AND VOTES TO MARKY

Those who voted, and posted tactics can add £2.5m to their budgets.

Those who didn't do both of those things get £1m only.

The Fan Gilhaus 'Whooooo?' League

Deportivo la Chorizo - Gregers Under Brescia FC - Afro Bratwurst Mannschaft - Treble Bradistan Glue Sniffers - Nadeem Bunga Bunga FC - Olly
Total Juan Carrs FC - Hero VFL Fassbender - Bull

AHAAAAAAAAAA Alan Partridge FC - Tooze

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Cherries loves Neymar Championship

Atalanta Falcons - Sodhat FC Murder On Zidane's Floor - Zinedine Deportivo My Sharona - Marky Spanish Bank FC - GSC Moleicester City - Fernando
No Respek FC - Azzy Pass the Deutschie - Viva

FC Ich spreche kein Deutsch - Russell Elmo

Last edited by Hero on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 4:20 pm

sodhat wrote:Play Madden instead, it's more rewarding

I can't. My stepbrother doesn't like American Football, so we will play FIFA
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXXVIII

Post by sodhat Thu 08 Nov 2012, 4:24 pm

That just makes him easier to beat!
They should do a hybrid game Madfa 13.

Get Von Miller in in centre midfield and have him lay a hit on Pirlo.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

sodhat wrote:That just makes him easier to beat!

You could have Ed Reed in goal just picking it out of the air.

Doug Martin on the wing with the extreme pace and ability to run over 50 yards on rubbish defences
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:38 pm

Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:That just makes him easier to beat!

You could have Ed Reed in goal just picking it out of the air.

Doug Martin on the wing with the extreme pace and ability to run over 50 yards on rubbish defences

Get Tim Tebow to come on as sub and win the game from 4-0 down.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

We could play Tony Romo and Michael Vick centre back. They would just give it away all the time though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:03 pm

Still better than Turner and Bassong.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

By the same token, which Footballers would make it in the NFL?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:39 pm

Jon Parkin.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

Lacina Traore would make it in the NBA
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 08 Nov 2012, 7:07 pm

Any number of players could be the kicker Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Itd be hard for Grant Holt to be worse at AF than he is at Football
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:02 pm

My footballers as NFL players team:

QB - Andrea Pirlo - Sits in the pocket and picks passes out for fun all day. Rarely intercepted.
RB - Lionel Messi - Low centre of gravity, great retention of the ball, and has the footwork to weave in and out of gaps.
FB - Grant Holt - Big fat guy, can just rumble through the line and make a space for the RB to run through.
TE - Ryan Shawcross - Big tall guy, quite athletic, not afraid to bundle people over or block them.
WR (slot) - Joe Hart - Great set of hands, can make any catch.
WR (downfield threat) - Cristiano Ronaldo. Has to pace to outrun any defensive back, and the physical prowess to make any jump ball.
WR - (Over the middle) - David de Gea. Can be a bit iffy at times, but has the potential to make a game changing play on any play.
RT - Andy Wilkinson - Not afraid to rough em up, and block people off. Lacks pace to stay with the great pass rushers.
RG - Sylvain Distin - Can be nimble enough to pick up the linebackers and pass rushers, but is also a tank.
C - Emile Heskey - Not the biggest, but is strong and can be nimble enough at times to hold people off.
LG - Rickie Lambert - Not the biggest but will put a shift in for the side. Has a lot more finesse than people give credit for.
LT - Robert Huth - Very efficient, and never fails to protect. Generally reliable.
DT - Adebayo Akinfenwa - A beast to fill up the gaps along the defensive line. Big lad.
DT - Jon Parkin - A slightly slimmer guy who can rush the ball more but is still a gap filler.
DE - Lacina Traore - Big, can get his hands up to bat the ball down.
DE - Yaya Toure - His bull rush is just insane. Can rumble through any offensive line and cause havoc.
MLB - Vincent Kompany - Leads from the front, can organise the defence and work out on offense. Still has the ability to make big plays.
OLB - Thomas Vermaelen - Nimble enough to rusher the QB, but can also drop back into coverage and defend well.
ILB - Branislav Ivanovic - Not afraid to get in and do the dirty work of tackling, but can also be a bit of a drama queen.
CB - Nathan Dyer - Small, agile, and quick. Will struggle against a dominant opponent but makes the occasional game winning play.
CB - Abou Diaby - Bigger corner, can make the game look easy, but makes stupid plays and struggles occasionally
FS - John Terry - Will sit deep, and still make the big plays. Will struggle against good pace, but can make game changing tackles.
SS - Rio Ferdinand - At the top of his game used to be able to make game changing plays, but now struggles with injuries (ala Polomalu)
P - Asmir Begovic - Has experience in this role, and can punt it a long way down the field.
K - Tim Howard - Can score a goal from miles away
Kick/Punt returner - Theo Walcott - Has bags of pace and potential just never given the starting role quite yet.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:19 pm

Olly wrote:My footballers as NFL players team:

QB - Andrea Pirlo - Sits in the pocket and picks passes out for fun all day. Rarely intercepted.
RB - Lionel Messi - Low centre of gravity, great retention of the ball, and has the footwork to weave in and out of gaps.
FB - Grant Holt - Big fat guy, can just rumble through the line and make a space for the RB to run through.
TE - Ryan Shawcross - Big tall guy, quite athletic, not afraid to bundle people over or block them.
WR (downfield threat) - Cristiano Ronaldo. Has to pace to outrun any defensive back, and the physical prowess to make any jump ball.
WR - (Over the middle) - David de Gea. Can be a bit iffy at times, but has the potential to make a game changing play on any play.
RT - Andy Wilkinson - Not afraid to rough em up, and block people off. Lacks pace to stay with the great pass rushers.
RG - Sylvain Distin - Can be nimble enough to pick up the linebackers and pass rushers, but is also a tank.
C - Emile Heskey - Not the biggest, but is strong and can be nimble enough at times to hold people off.
LG - Rickie Lambert - Not the biggest but will put a shift in for the side. Has a lot more finesse than people give credit for.
LT - Robert Huth - Very efficient, and never fails to protect. Generally reliable.
DT - Adebayo Akinfenwa - A beast to fill up the gaps along the defensive line. Big lad.
DT - Jon Parkin - A slightly slimmer guy who can rush the ball more but is still a gap filler.
DE - Yaya Toure - His bull rush is just insane. Can rumble through any offensive line and cause havoc.
MLB - Vincent Kompany - Leads from the front, can organise the defence and work out on offense. Still has the ability to make big plays.
OLB - Thomas Vermaelen - Nimble enough to rusher the QB, but can also drop back into coverage and defend well.
ILB - Branislav Ivanovic - Not afraid to get in and do the dirty work of tackling, but can also be a bit of a drama queen.
CB - Nathan Dyer - Small, agile, and quick. Will struggle against a dominant opponent but makes the occasional game winning play.
CB - Abou Diaby - Bigger corner, can make the game look easy, but makes stupid plays and struggles occasionally
FS - John Terry - Will sit deep, and still make the big plays. Will struggle against good pace, but can make game changing tackles.
SS - Rio Ferdinand - At the top of his game used to be able to make game changing plays, but now struggles with injuries (ala Polomalu)
P - Asmir Begovic - Has experience in this role, and can punt it a long way down the field.
Kick/Punt returner - Theo Walcott - Has bags of pace and potential just never given the starting role quite yet.

you have to much spare time on your hands. Wink

Oh and Pirlo would be Brees IMO.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

If you were going to have Pirlo an QB would you not just go for the younger, better version?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:29 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:

If you were going to have Pirlo an QB would you not just go for the younger, better version?

Who would you rather have Tom Brady or Andrew Luck? In a one off game. (BTW I don't expect you to answer this because you probably dont have a clue who they are!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:45 pm

I know who Brady is but no idea about Luck. But I'll go Luck as given Brady is 35 odd, I think Luck probably suits my argument more
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I know who Brady is but no idea about Luck. But I'll go Luck as given Brady is 35 odd, I think Luck probably suits my argument more

Yeah he does. Just drafted out of Stanford to the Colts. Real prospect tbf.

But I'd still take Brady over him to win me a one off game.

What were we arguing about?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

Luck is the best prospect since Peyton Manning.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

GSC wrote:Luck is the best prospect since Peyton Manning.

Yeah he is a sexy ass QB
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:02 pm

Peyton and luck have really simler states for both there first seasons at the colts.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Fri 09 Nov 2012, 8:49 am

Morning,

How do you all rate Milan Badelj? (just wondered if it was money well spent or if he'll turn out to be just a number)

I've seen quite a bit of him, and looks like a player that knows how to pick a pass.

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:12 am

Good player Russ, he's been in these leagues before so he is known at least.

Tactics for league week 4 today guys

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

Morning.

What will my tactics delivery this week you may wonder.....probably not a great deal.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:28 am

Mine will be ridiculous as normal OK

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:31 am

Joey Barton scored direct from a corner last night, and Cavani scored all 4 of Napoli's goals.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:37 am

Joey Barton scored direct from a corner last night, and Cavani scored all 4 of Napoli's goals.
Ooooo Henry did it the other week. Heck I will do it on Monday night if I must.
Cavani is too good for Napoli.
Also, Defoe scored a hattrick. But I doubt that metter as I have no one to hold the ball up even tho I dont want to hold the ball up.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:38 am

Gutting isn't it Zidane when people don't get your tactics or think they won't work when you know in RL that is how they actually play.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

He scored a hat trick playing alongside a big man in Adebayor Whistle

Cavani could go anywhere in world football. The man is a goal machine, I still rate him as the best striker in the world.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

Morning

Zidane thanks for the FF OK
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:41 am

Hero wrote:Gutting isn't it Zidane when people don't get your tactics or think they won't work when you know in RL that is how they actually play.

In the elite league I put the actual formation Napoli play, and it got panned by a few. I've stuck it up again this week, so we'll see what they say.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

I'd have Falcao over Cavani personally but Cavani is certainly staking a claim.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

sodhat wrote:He scored a hat trick playing alongside a big man in Adebayor Whistle

Cavani could go anywhere in world football. The man is a goal machine, I still rate him as the best striker in the world.

I'd probably put Falcao just ahead of him but it's very close.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:43 am

sodhat wrote:
Hero wrote:Gutting isn't it Zidane when people don't get your tactics or think they won't work when you know in RL that is how they actually play.

In the elite league I put the actual formation Napoli play, and it got panned by a few. I've stuck it up again this week, so we'll see what they say.

I did state the following on your formation the 1st week when you got panned: Italian grudge match here and I could see both sides ending with 10 men. Inler v De Rossi should be a great battle in the centre with De Rossi not the player he was. Think that Napoli will be very hard to break down with that set up all season and the forward trio have wonderful understanding. Roma have brought in the trio from Newcastle but I don't think Ba and Cisse click that well together, one always seems to blow hot whilst the other cold. Personally I'd be looking to improve the Roma wings.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:44 am

I have both Falcao and Cavani up front on my most recent Fifa save. I haven't played that for ages, but they were tearing it up as a pairing, before Cavani did his knee in.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:47 am

Hero wrote:
sodhat wrote:

I did state the following on your formation the 1st week when you got panned: Italian grudge match here and I could see both sides ending with 10 men. Inler v De Rossi should be a great battle in the centre with De Rossi not the player he was. Think that Napoli will be very hard to break down with that set up all season and the forward trio have wonderful understanding. Roma have brought in the trio from Newcastle but I don't think Ba and Cisse click that well together, one always seems to blow hot whilst the other cold. Personally I'd be looking to improve the Roma wings.

Yeah, I knew you'd realise it was the real life set up, but this was the feedback that irked me most:

"This was easily the worst game of the week as both sides lacked a will to go and win the game. As could be expected with two Italian sides, the emphasis was on not losing the game and, in that respect, both sides succeeded. Napoli's formation was mind-boggling at times, so much so that their players even seemed confused throughout. Roma have made scarce improvements in the transfer market and, unfortunately, it's clear that both of these sides need renovation if they are to avoid propping up the table.

So, the players that play this system every game of the last few seasons suddenly come down with amnesia and forget how to make the system work? The same system that sees them 2nd in Serie A?

Mr Winklechops.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:48 am

I'd have stormed off in a huff over that Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:58 am

Gutting isn't it Zidane when people don't get your tactics or think they won't work when you know in RL that is how they actually play.
Gutting isnt the word Hero. Its Redonkulous !!!
I dont see Spurs formation not working because they have no tall man to hold the ball up. Defoe does fine in that but NOOOOOO not in mine yet its the same pretty much.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:00 am

How many Germans do I need in my XI?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:04 am

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:Morning.

What will my tactics delivery this week you may wonder.....probably not a great deal.
No-one was wondering, I can assure you OK

Morning all Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:05 am

He scored a hat trick playing alongside a big man in Adebayor Whistle
One match. Defoe has been scoring this season, 8/9 goal in all competitions. 5 in 10 PL games. better than Torres!!

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

right is it english players or player who play domesticly in engerlarnd
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:09 am

ans anyone got a big striekr for sale, by big i mean strength and hieght
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:11 am

They have to be born in England.

You need 2 domestic players on the pitch at all times I believe. It's all on the rules page.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:12 am

cherriesfan wrote:right is it english players or player who play domesticly in engerlarnd

English players Cherry. Basically any that come up on TM as England being their main nationality.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:15 am

cherriesfan wrote:ans anyone got a big striekr for sale, by big i mean strength and hieght

Should get yourself Traore in!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:15 am

I may play 4-2-4 today or 3-2-1-1-3

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:19 am

I am playing the same formation I always do. No sense changing formation when you don't have the personnel to carry it off Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:26 am

lol, Azzy, It doesnt matter what formation or player I play as my tactics will be ignored and made up to what the voters preferance is

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:27 am

Who do I PM tactics to?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:27 am

actually, does anyone want to write my tactics? Ill pay 500k

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next