The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
Fluxy
LukeLovesLuka
SirJohnnyEnglish
Driver
dammit_chris
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Saracens move off the bottom of the table after picking up a losing bonus point against Gloucester.

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 3 4Leicester Tigers1090 1 252 208 +44 27 18 0 1 37
2 Homepage - Page 3 7Harlequins1070 3 251 231 +20 27 24 1 3 32
3 Homepage - Page 3 8Newcastle Falcons1070 3 250 228 +22 25 19 0 3 31
4 Homepage - Page 3 5London Irish10 6 0 4 259 239 +20 28 24 2 4 30
5 Homepage - Page 3 9Northampton Saints1051 4 261 241 +20 29 24 2 4 28
6 Homepage - Page 3 2Gloucester1060 4 246 237 +9 27 25 0 3 27
7 Homepage - Page 3 12Sale Sharks10 5 0 5 252 242 +10 27 25 1 5 26
8 Homepage - Page 3 1Bath Rugby1040 6 229 245 -16 21 27 0 5 21
9 Homepage - Page 3 50London Welsh10 3 1 6 224 232 -8 22 22 0 6 20
10 Homepage - Page 3 6London Wasps 1020 8 211 244 -33 19 27 0 7 15
11 Homepage - Page 3 11Saracens1021 7 208 255 -47 18 28 0 414
12 Homepage - Page 3 57Worcester Warriors1021 7 216 257 -41 19 27 0 3 13

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Think that may be the first time I have ever seen that. Been rewinding it a few times

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Denton is a gooder carrier Scotland have had in my memory. Just something about his aggression in the collision

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Hopefully this'll spur the scots on! Always good to see a prop score although his loosehead's celebration was awesome!

Scotland are putting N.Z under immense pressure at the restart.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 pm

He is a heavy carrier. Does for Scotland what Alberts does for sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Just needs to develop his game a little. If he doesn't carry he doesn't offer much which is what's been happening in the Rabo. Big talent tho

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh dear Thomson....can't see why he's doing that too because the ball was under Strokosch's chest!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Anything McCaw can do Laidlaw can do better!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Scotland need denton at 8 as brown and stroks don't carry. Brown better at 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Denton straight through Owen franks now. He has it for your players pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Franks looked like a train had hit him lol

Some finisher Savea

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Great finisher savea. Not sure how much longer gear will be first choice which shows you how good he is

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am

Couple of your youngsters played quite well yesterday Steve. Amesbury was quality.

You had us worried first half, Peel and Cipriani were excellent.

Powell going off injured was a blow and our pack got on top 2nd half was different story. Good to see Corbs and Geraghty back. Corbs was dominant in the scrum and Geraghty looked lively.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 am

What was the England game like guys? Missed the match, but heard it was a pretty solid performance against poor opposition, but started clicking in the second half.

Goode, Youngs, Sharples all played well - Palming/Parling combo not quite up there and Flood should take better control of games like this and that Waldroum doesnt offer enough speed from the base at this level?

Also potential for Corbs, Lawes, Morgan and Ashton recalls? For Marler/Vunipola, Palmer, Waldroum and Monye.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

"Also potential for Corbs, Lawes, Morgan and Ashton recalls? For Marler/Vunipola, Palmer, Waldroum and Monye"

I'd be happy with those, maybe leave Corbs for another week at Irish.

Launchbury looked good when he came on, Mako was ok. Sharples & Goode the picks, really gave us a new dimension in attack.

Tuilagi passed more than I've ever seen (thin I read 3 passes and 2 offloads) and looks to be really improving his game. Barritt played well too, carried and distributed.

Youngs was excellent, 16 out of 16 throws I think. Parling seemed to call a fair chunk to himself at the beginning to settle him and he had a stromer. Carried really well in the loose, he's like a wrecking ball.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 am

Corbs is staying with Irish for the Leicester game. Be harsh on Marler and Vunipola anyway.

I though Parling played quite well. Palmer was poor. His time is up for me in an England shirt.

Goode was MOTM, suited England to have another playmaker.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 am

Do you think Goode could make a good 12?

Was a good game to start with!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 am

Yea Parling did what a lineout lock is supposed to do, run the line. He puts in a big workrate and carries ok. Never going to be a world beater but if he can keep us winning clean ball (unlike Ireland) he'll do for now.

Palmer was poor, hopefully get Lawes back. Not sure Launchbury is ready for a start. I'd prefer Botha to Palmer tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am

Goode a 15, suits the extra time on the ball. His decision making is right up there though, very impressive.

We have some real battles in our back 3. I'd just love to see May get fit and challange the left wing.

15 - Goode, Foden, Brown
11- May, Monye, Sharples(?)
14 - Ashton, Sharples

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 am

Monye disappointed me a little. He is a good player but dont think he really did much v Fiji. Sharples did well though. Surprised me.

Yeh I agree Pooly Parling did his job. Not sure where Matts hatred comes from!!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 am

I see his point, Parling isn't world class. Gives us a good platform though. I'd like to see Robson involved too, he's been great this season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:47 am

Parling did OK, and is the best lineout lock that we have. The issue with him for me is that for him to be wholly effective he needs a massive bruising number 4 to provide the grunt to pack. I don't think Parling will ever be world class, or even a top international really, as other than his lineout work he doesn't offer masses at interntaional level. If the rest of your pack is tip top, then you can get away with that, but going forward he either needs to improve other areas of his game, or England need to look at who is coming through.

For what it's worth, I would start Launchbury at 4 this week alongside him, and the only other change I would make would be Ashton in for Monye with Sharpoles switching to the left wing.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

I dont think Launchbury is a huge bruising number 4 though. Not really sure what other options we have though really.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 am

I agree. I'm not saying Launchbury is the big bruising 4 we need, but I do think he offers more than Palmer or Botha right now.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am

Changes i'd make:

4/5. (need someone to cover awj) Jones/Charteris-if available 6. R.Jones/Warburton 7. Tips 9. Phillips 10. Biggar (never thought i'd say that!) 12. JD2

Watch the highlights on scrumv....what was mcusker doing taking that tap penalty into cotnact with an overlap on??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am

I dont have a hatred for Parling. I just think he is mediocre and gets knocked out the way in defence too much. His work rate is decent but i would rather pick people who have the potential to win us a world cup. Palmer offers experience and is a good player. Not at his best saturday but offers more than Botha.

Palmer should not be in the England set up as we should look to the future. Launchbury does not have an appetite for the 4 work of hitting rucks at moment where Lawes does. Long term i see Launchbury as a top England player. His handling and ball carrying is excellent. I would like to see RObson involved at 5 as he is more physical but again i would not see him as the long term answer. Lock is a worrying position for England. Usually our strongest position

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

Launchbury is a great tackler and puts in huge hits, but the 'grunt' part of his game isnt there yet around the ruck area.

Huge potential - can't believe that Quins let him go when he was 18, went straight to a Nat League Division 2 club, which was run by a former Wasps player who told them to sign him up straight away.

Garvey has always impressed me - like Charlie Matthews at Quins too, but he doesnt seem to get much game time.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 am

Garvey was excellent again yesterday, albeit playing blindside. He has been there or thereabouts for the MOTM award in pretty much every game he has played this season. Defensively he is our best player and he carries really well in traffic. My only real grip with him is that when he is carrying he often seems to get a blinkered and sometimes misses when an offload is on, which would give us even more attacking momentum.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am

I was listening to Talk Sport last night and they had Lewis Moody on. He reckons it's very early days but sees Tom Youngs and Sharples as potential Lions bolters.

Steve won't like this.....

He also commented on form and how off form Warburton was. He was saying how he was nailed on Lions skipper 6 month ago and in current form will be lucky to tour.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Tipuric should be starting for Wales. He has been immense.

Be tough for Sharples as Visser, Ashton, Bowe, North and Cuthbert are probably all ahead currently.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

They've got to go Warbs/Tips on the flanks surely

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Youngs I am still very undecided on. His loose play is not in doubt, but I need to see how he shapes up against a decent scrummaging outfit or a side that actually contests our lineout.

This weekend against Australia will hopefully suit him, as they are not great in the scrum, and only really Nathan Sharpe is a threat in the lineout. South Africa and New Zealand will give us a better idea of where he actually is in international terms.

Promising debut from him though, carried really well for us.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:17 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8244407,00.

Interesting team of week. Apparently Mas was sensational on SAturday but i am yet to watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm

France murdered Australia in the scrum Mat, but looking at who the Aus front 5 were that was most definitely not a surprise.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm

To be fair it Aussies are going to struggle on this tour. Apparently the scrum was reffed excellently allowing france to compete. lots of Refs ruin scrum advantage by interfering

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Hopefully Poite will referee it well on Saturday as we should be able to get an advantage there as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Aus scrum was really bad from bits I saw.

I think Youngs is a good scrummager Pete, doesn't pop out every other scrum anyway

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm not sure on Youngs scrummaging if I am honest Pooly, he may do ok, but I need to see how he goes.

For Leicester he is ok, but then he always has two excellent scrummaging props either side, and a 9 feeding the ball into the second row, so he doesn't have to hook and basically can get away with just crouching and shoving.

Against a top class hooker, with equally good props, then he is going to have to display some nous and technique as well, which I don't think we have seen that he has yet. I'm not saying that he doesn't, just that we've not seen it yet. What I like about him is that he is fiery and will get in the opposition front rows faces, and I always want that from my hooker. I really hope that he does have enough in the set piece to be an international hooker as his work in the loose, both in attack and defence is very good.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 pm

His carrying is immense, so physical. He's exactly what we need going forward. Reminds me a little of Servat in his low centre of gravity.

Hard to judge a hooks scrummaging ability unless swapped over with same props.

Hartley just infuriates me, don't believe he doesn't get pinged more for popping up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Still major question marks over his chucking. Gloucester game showed that it can go wrong for him and when it does it can go very wrong.

NZ will be a huge test for him if he plays

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Yea agree Steve. SA will be his biggest test I reckon, they dismantled the Ireland lineout at the weekend.

Thing I've noticed is it isn't really pressure related, he just throws some shockers sometimes. He's definitely improving though and having Parling will only help.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 pm

NZ did well against the scots lineout, which was stronger than Irelands with POC not involved.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm

btw did people see etzebeth get nailed by mccarthy? great hit

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Mccarthy had a great game.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Does anyone have McCarthy in this game?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Did anybody notice Heaslip lead the Ire line??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I said before that heaslip has ran the line out before. Sje would not have it but I have noticed it before. Good line out forward heaslip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/nov/12/autumn-internationals-five-things

interesting article

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

How good was Carter yesterday, I think he's actually getting better

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Gray was tremendous for Scotland yesterday as well. really tried to take it to the AB's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Yea he was great in the loose

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next