The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done

+6
azania
gsd5cc0
Snakeyman123
SharkSoul
mobilemaster8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
10 posters

Go down

Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done Empty Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Nov 2012, 1:30 pm

A lot of news coming out that Alexander's team has made a good offer to brook to fight in NYC or Vegas and Hearn said that he thinks the deal will be concluded very soon with some reports saying all has been agreed and all is needed is the signatures

The fight seems to be in a neutral venue which will help Brook as Alexander isn't a big draw outside of Saint Louis so I doubt Brook will be overawed by a hostile american crowd like a couple on here thought that he might do and perhaps fold under the pressure. Its to be aired live on Showtime which is a good platform for him to impress on but I doubt that this fight will be a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I still feel Brook is good enough to win a points decision

Brook got loads of stick (rightfully) for avoiding Bradley but you cant really fault Hearn now he's got Brook a title shot with a fairer share of the purse he would have got vs bradley

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done Empty Re: Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

I'm going with a Brook UD. Think first few rounds will be close and scrappy with the southpaw stance of Devon.
Think Brook will find his feet around round 5 and close the show strong with his superior boxing.

My only concern is that Alexander is a decent operator and is fast and slick, along with an awkward stance.

This is a bog step up for brook and judging by his performance against Jones, he could be overwhelmed with speed and guile to a lop-sided defeat.

Hope in wrong and it turns out like the first paragraph!!

Khan vs Brook next year I've heard as well. IBF title fight. Be huge.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done Empty Re: Brook vs Alexander 19th Jan almost done

Post by SharkSoul Sun 11 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Alexander UD. Although I do hope Brook wins but I just think this is a step to steep in class for Brook.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

Brook has more than enough for this guy. Alexander was not great v Maidana, Matthysse beat him decisively. He is fortunate to be so loftily rated.

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by gsd5cc0 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

I have never been overly impressed with Alexander. There always seems to be something lacking when he fights. Has undoubted talent but lacks heart and he gives the impression(vs Bradley) that doesn't have the desire to be an elite level fighter

gsd5cc0

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:09 pm

Maybe he's just not good enough to be classified as potentially an elite fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

When I think of him I think of how poor he looked vs Bradley and more importantly Kotelnik. Kotelnik shaded that fight for me and while Kotelnik is a pretty sound fighte the isn't anything special and Alexander should have registered a much easier victory

Alexander didn't look great vs Bailey and neither did Brook vs Jones so its hard to call as I rate bailey and jones about the same level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:09 am

Can't see Brook winning.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

who has brook ever fought that can prepare him for alexander? his weak level of opposition might come back to haunt him here, if he gives away a lot of the opening rounds trying to figure alexander out.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:34 pm

It's partly the quality of opposition and partly the style that would worry me... Ie who has brook fought that fights remotely like Alexander. My instinct is that Brooke is good enough if his stamina has improved with these training improvements we hear about... But we've never seen him have to make a fight against an awkward opponent. I err to Brooke but its not a fight I'd consider betting on.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

i think brook will dominate the first 5-6 rounds with his speed and pace, but if his stamina becomes an issue alexander has more than enough skills to win the latter rounds. that said i think brook learned his lesson with jones and will be 100% ready- and win a wide UD

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down