The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw?

+11
The Awesome Giz
Samo
Ent
Nay
Kay Fabe
Hero
BD21
Mr H
Kid Vicious
Mr Video Man
bretmeharty
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw?

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_lcap48%What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 15 ]
What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_lcap32%What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 10 ]
What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_lcap19%What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 31

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Empty What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw?

Post by bretmeharty Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:20 pm

Just wanted to get the vibe of the the board on the Punk/Heyman thing.

I personally didnt like it but also not fussed about it at the same time. But I will say this, wwe wonder why thay cant get more mainstream attention its because of bad taste crap like this. They also wonder why they have an up hill battle when one of their clan runs for office, again its because of things like this.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Empty Re: What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw?

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:25 pm

disgusting......im sure there are better ways to draw heat than that and if anything to some people it will have made the company look bad im sure it'll be used against linda in her next senate campaign
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw? Empty Re: What did you make of the CM Punk angle on raw?

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

it wasn't nice, but it's not the worse thing wwe has done.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:it wasn't nice, but it's not the worse thing wwe has done.

true......katie vick anyone?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

People need to get a grip. If you're going to point the finger point it at Lawler. He would have been the one who had to give it the green light. 'So they want to make fun of my heart attack with an in-ring segment, yeah ok why not' How does that make him look? Does he get credit for not taking it too seriously and laughing it off, or does he get condemned for not stopping his employers from mocking a sensitive issue which alot of viewers will have experienced in some capacity.

When you think that in the past we've seen wrestlers mock members of the crowd, calling them fat, ugly etc. We've seen Triple H publicly mock Lilian Garcia's appearance, we've seen Rey Mysterio's real children used in a custody storyline which is another sensitive subject.

It's really not a big deal.

Proportion. Blown out of.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:08 pm

Mr H wrote:People need to get a grip. If you're going to point the finger point it at Lawler. He would have been the one who had to give it the green light. 'So they want to make fun of my heart attack with an in-ring segment, yeah ok why not' How does that make him look? Does he get credit for not taking it too seriously and laughing it off, or does he get condemned for not stopping his employers from mocking a sensitive issue which alot of viewers will have experienced in some capacity.

When you think that in the past we've seen wrestlers mock members of the crowd, calling them fat, ugly etc. We've seen Triple H publicly mock Lilian Garcia's appearance, we've seen Rey Mysterio's real children used in a custody storyline which is another sensitive subject.

It's really not a big deal.

Proportion. Blown out of.

+1

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:26 pm

Mr H is spot on. Lawler would've given it the green light. We've seen him quit before when WWE goes against what he believes and I doubt he would be any different if he disagreed with this angle.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

He usually quits though when WWE dump his jailbait looking wives.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 14 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Why do you think he has heart trouble?
Wink

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:04 pm

Lawler's got previous for this, his mum died last year and he gave the green light for Michael Cole to use her as a source of heel material only a few days later

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Lawler may green light these things as a coping mechanism.

By being able to laugh about it or use in the ring may help him come to terms with what has happened.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:52 pm

Distasteful, as was the lawlers mother stuff and punks family stuff.

Crowds fault I guess, hard to get heat now.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

Regardless if Lawler green lighted it or not, I still didnt like it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:52 pm

Didn't like it, but couldn't give a toss really. I expected it to be honest, someone trying to get heel heat from lawlers heart attack.

WWE do it with everything, hell they even had Undertaker chokeslam Eddie into a coffin a few years ago on a video game a few months after his death, let's not forget Ortons heel heat attempt, Lawlers mother, expect this to happen every time.

I agree the finger should be pointed at Lawler he obviously green lit it.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:19 am

I was more concerned about the decline in commentry as soon as Lawler returned...the good times are truly over again.

He should do the decent thing and step aside

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:49 am

One simple question: did it make you like Punk less?

I think the problem is that it's so rare a promotion/wrestler actually puts genuine heat on a heel, a lot of fans have forgotten that heels are supposed to be horrible, despicable people.

As I said in the podcast, my only issue is with WWE's hypocrisy in bigging up themselves as a wonderfully caring company while at the same time exploiting the real-life near-death experience of one of their employees.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:23 am

I just think Lawler knows what is good for business, and is willing to put himself out there for the benefit of the show. Like Crips said, it's old school heel behaviour. You seem to want the old days and an end to the PG era whilst simultaneously expressing your disgust at anything near the knuckle.

Personally I thought it was a good stunt until Heyman started having his "heart attack", mainly because I didn't get it - not sure how that bit was funny, or what it was even trying to achieve?

I'm with Mr.H though. As soon as I saw it I knew there would be some ridiculous outrage on here. It's like Mumsnet

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

Hardly outrage, 1 topic with 16 replies and most ambivalent to it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:45 am

I suppose :laugh;

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:54 am

Electric Demon wrote:I just think Lawler knows what is good for business, and is willing to put himself out there for the benefit of the show. Like Crips said, it's old school heel behaviour. You seem to want the old days and an end to the PG era whilst simultaneously expressing your disgust at anything near the knuckle.

Personally I thought it was a good stunt until Heyman started having his "heart attack", mainly because I didn't get it - not sure how that bit was funny, or what it was even trying to achieve?

I'm with Mr.H though. As soon as I saw it I knew there would be some ridiculous outrage on here. It's like Mumsnet

THe guys on here are actually a lot more meh about it than the IWC as a whole, most boards I've seen initially went ape over it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:21 am

I am not particularly bothered by it, but as raised above, WWE's Logic on it is baffling.

You cant say certain words, or act in a certain way, or have too many moves, or choke someone with a tie.......but you can mock someones near death experience!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

In TNA you're allowed to wrestle when you're off your nut on crystal meth. Mocking a near death experience over there is like a vegetarian looking at a sausage.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:18 am

Mr H wrote:In TNA you're allowed to wrestle when you're off your nut on crystal meth. Mocking a near death experience over there is like a vegetarian looking at a sausage.

I have no idea what that means! Are you referring to a normal sausage or the Linda McCartney variety?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:40 am

Just a normal sausage. Walls, Richmond, or even Asda's own Lincolnshire sausage. Whatever really. Not Quorn though, thats not a sausage.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:49 am

It's still a sausage. A cheese and onion pie is still a pie! But soya milk is not milk, I'll give you that one.

I still don't get the analogy though? How do vegetarians look at sausages?!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm

A cheese and onion pie is a pie because it has pastry. If it has pastry, its a pie. A sausage is only a sausage if it has meat, quorn isnt meat.

I meant it in the sense of mocking a near death experience would be frowned upon as much as a vegetarian eyeing up a sausage. Probably the worst analogy i've ever conjured up to be fair.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:17 pm

With envy, desire, lust...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:19 pm

When does a tube of meat become a sausage?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:24 pm

What's the ruling on pies as well?

How much of the contents have to have pastry around?

Would it still be a pie if it was in a container and just a crust on top like you get in a Sunday pub? Or the reverse where you get the bottom and sides of the alledged pie but no top?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:26 pm

Hero wrote:What's the ruling on pies as well?

Would it still be a pie if it was in a container and just a crust on top like you get in a Sunday pub? Or the reverse where you get the bottom and sides of the alledged pie but no top?

Exactly,
Who says the pastry has to be around the pie? Is it not enough that its part of the meal, could you put the pastry inside and plaster the outside in meat?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:28 pm

Has to be a crust for it to be a pie, otherwise it's a pasty.

True story bro.

Don't start the biscuit/cake debate

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:31 pm

Is a tart a pie? That has pastry.

I don't think TNA even know how to make pastry. WWE know how to make pastry bur sometimes they sour the filling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:32 pm

What about a pumpkin pie then.

It's called a pie
It has no crust

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:35 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
Hero wrote:What's the ruling on pies as well?

Exactly,
Who says the pastry has to be around the pie? Is it not enough that its part of the meal, could you put the pastry inside and plaster the outside in meat?

That would just be an inside out pie. If i had a normal pie and cut it all up and put the meat ontop of the pastry, its still a pie right?

There is no such thing as a meatless sausage. Another thing which annoys me are 'vegetarian meatballs' wtf? If there is no meat in it, its not a meatball, its just a ball.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:38 pm

Vegetarians can have a chomp down on my meatballs for all I care. Hippies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:39 pm

Have you ever eaten vegetarian sausages? Don't half give you the guffs.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:39 pm

Americans dont even know what a pie is. They think cheesecake and trifle's are pies.

Give them a Ginsters.

Thats a pie.

Yanks.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:40 pm

Sweet pastry vs savoury I'd guess on the tart front.

Pumpkin pie I don't know, presume Theyxdo have crusted pastry somewhere in their construction.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:41 pm

If you gave an American a Ginsters, they wouldn't know whether to eat it, or use it as a surgery free smile widener

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

They'd probably think it was alive and shoot it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

Then have sex with it an film it

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm

And then eat it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:48 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:48 pm

And then vote it into senate.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:52 pm

It would have more chance than Linda McMahon.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:55 pm

More personality to it certainly.

Perhaps WM could have a gimmick match of Jack Swagger (the American American) with a Cheesecake in his corner and Wade Barrett beating the crap out of him with a Ginsters pasty.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:56 pm

Can you add that to the poll on your thread of what should main event Wrestlemania 29?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:59 pm

A Raw Active poll;

Which American pastry dish should be in Jack Swagger's corner?

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

Vickie Guerrero?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

#votenowforswaggerspie

a) Pumpkin Pie
b) Turkey & Cranberry Pie
c) Maple Syrup & Pecan Pie
d) Cherry Pie
e) Mississippi Mud Pie
f) Floride Key Lime Pie

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next