The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angle angling for WWE?

+2
Lex-Express
ADMIN
6 posters

Go down

Angle angling for WWE? Empty Angle angling for WWE?

Post by ADMIN Tue 08 Feb 2011, 10:04 pm

Kurt Angle has made a few comments over the past few days that sound like he's trying to make his way back to WWE:

TNA star Kurt Angle was interviewed this week by MMA announcer Mauro Ranallo on The Fight Show satellite radio show on Thursday.

His TNA Contract Expiring: "My contract's up in August. I'm going to keep the option open. I like TNA. I like being there. I like that the company has built the last four-and-a-half years since I've been there. I don't have any plans of leaving, but I don't think Kevin Nash and Booker T had plans of jumping either."

Nash & Booker T Jumping Ship: "They were actually, until a couple days before the (Royal) Rumble, signed with TNA. In essence, they asked for their release at the last second and TNA gave them their wish. I'm going to do what's best for Kurt Angle and they've treated me well here."

TNA's Current Roster: " "We have a stacked roster. We can't put everybody on a TV show. So, you're not seeing a lot of the talent week after week. I think they're going to have to be more consistent about keeping the top talent in there."

Angle also called his on-air storyline with Jeff Jarrett and Karen Angle a "touchy subject" and said his fiance Giovanna and their new baby are "doing fine" after her recent health scare landed her in the hospital and resulted in the baby being born sooner than expected.

& then Kurt Angle posted the following on Twitter regarding this week's TNA iMPACT!:

"The "Jarrett" segments on TNA Impact were appalling. It made me look like a dead beat Dad, which I am not (I can assure you). And it made Karen and Jeff look like the perfect American Family. MY kids were calling Jeff "Daddy Jeff".

"NOBODY will ever replace me as the Father of my kids. You want me to look like the bad person? Don't forget who wanted the divorce! I didn't walk away from my family, Karen did. So keep your little "act" going on TV. It's amusing to me, but don't think for a million years that my fans are buying this rudey poo."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Angle angling for WWE? Empty Re: Angle angling for WWE?

Post by Lex-Express Tue 08 Feb 2011, 11:20 pm

Ive just seen the Jarrett segments on Tna, If I was Angle I would be peed, I dont see the point of them, whats all this daddy jeff rudey poo about, I dont want Tna to lose a talent like Angle but I think hell go back to WWE on a limited date schedule and I dont blame him...

Oh and I think I would probably do Dixie Carter

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Angle angling for WWE? Empty TNA wedding

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Feb 2011, 10:11 am

Just watching last nights impact and have come to the bit where Jeff Jarrett has proposed to Karen Angle to renew their vows on Impact.

now a few things about this:

1. Kurt Angle must be loving this
2. How romantic is Jeff. I certainly know that when I renew my vows this year, I am going to do it at my workplace
3. What could possibly go wrong? Wedding ceremonies never go wrong when on wrestling shows.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Wed 09 Feb 2011, 2:00 pm

I'd love to see Angle return for one last run. Give him a one year deal, let him hold the title and have it lead to a match at Mania then induct him into the hall of fame.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 09 Feb 2011, 2:03 pm

Um, Lex Express, you do realise it was deliberately over the top to build heel heat? You sound like you took the skits seriously?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 09 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

Also, there is no way Angle can return to the WWE without his mere presence totally undermining the Wellness Policy! (not that it isn't a joke already). He is blatantly still a drug addict and no doctor would condone a man in his physical condition continuing to wrestle.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 10 Feb 2011, 1:16 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Um, Lex Express, you do realise it was deliberately over the top to build heel heat? You sound like you took the skits seriously?

No crips im obviously a total idiot and take everything i see on tv, especially wrestling at face value

Of couse I realise it was deliberately OTT, Im not AngelinaLoveIsBeautifalIwishshewasmywife

What i was trying to say is that kurt angle the man, not the character must have been in my view quite rightfully peed off to have his kids on the tv calling another man daddie (although there acting was terrible - much like karens). Whilst I get that insider fueds can gather more interest espicailly with the iwc, I dont see how basing a fued around the fact that jeff is now with karen and living with kurts kids, is gonna sell many tickets. In fact I dont see how any fued involving Jeff Jarrett in general are gonna sell many tickets. The guy is a tool.

Dont forget the target market is the american people, who know no better thay are the ones who wont see it as OTT, and then where does that leave the fued? Is Angle then the heel for breaking up's Jeffs home? Is angle then a heel as the bitter ex?

Why do i even care...I dunno!!!
what kind of discusting...despicable...
Billy whats his name...
can he even afford to pay me to wrestle Ron Killings?

and another thing your t-shirts are to tight billy

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 10 Feb 2011, 1:51 pm

I agree that there is little value in having a feud that revolves around a real-life story. The very viewers who know it's based on real life are the people who know it's a work.

I also think that this particular storyline is crass and, like you say, pretty despicable. Not least because I don't think Kurt Angle is in any condition to make rational decisions about such things, but also because he shouldn't be put in a position where he has to. It's way too personal an issue to make a wrestling storyline out of, especially when the children are actually being given on-screen roles, and the people running TNA should have some common decency. There's also the questionable issue of Jeff and Karen being the heels and Kurt being the babyface; this is the problem with creating such a "shoot" storyline when there hasn't been any actual on-screen back story. If it was entirely worked, they could have created one, but as it is they drop us into the middle of it (in fact, I believe that when Karen and Jeff got together, Jarrett was actually an on-screen babyface and Angle a heel!).

However I think it was deliberately played over the top and campy (the kids dancing to Jarrett's music, the photo of Jarrett smashing a guitar over Angle's head) and established Jarrett as the heel (not least because Karen is such a difficult character to like), and it built towards the fans wanting to see Angle kick Jarrett's behind. So in that sense it might be one of the few things in TNA capable of drawing.

Not that it excuses the angle, and I think all involved should be ashamed. The only problem is that they are proving in front of our very eyes that they have no shame.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri 11 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

Crips, spot on...that was pretty much what I was trying to say in a less illiterate fashion

well done that man thumbsup

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed 16 Feb 2011, 11:36 am

would love to see Angle return to WWE

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down