The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales will score tries against New Zealand.

3 posters

Go down

Wales will score tries against New Zealand. Empty Wales will score tries against New Zealand.

Post by RogerLewis Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:02 pm

Two embarrassing defeats and rubbish performances may actually be a blessing in disguise. I don't think We'll win on Saturday (obviously), but the players may be more fired up that they have ever been. We have players with skill, natural talent, size, strength and fitness, but lately they have been playing like robots with a gameplay that's predictable and doesn't work.

Wales will score a few tries against New Zealand IF the following things happen:

BASICS & FORWARDS:

A decent platform: Stop doing stupid scrums and win most of our own lineout ball. Even if we throw to the front. One less piece of possession given away is one less chance for New Zealand to score and one more chance for us.

Vastly more aggression and speed at the breakdown. If the players really are this fit then they are basically showing that they just don't want it enough. We must see true passion, anger, guile and courage and the players must physically throw themselves at everything. Playing Argentinean forwards and then Samoa is fantastic preparation to get into an extra physical mindset.

We must also stop using George North as some sort of battering ram off the scrum or lineout. He has pace and great feet. Use players attributes the way they naturally shine.

SKILLS & BACKS:

Offload in the tackle. Sounds so easy right? Well it should be but Wales aren't looking for it. Yes we have big backs but that brief period of it working has ended. Time to go back to skill and brains. The offload is simple, not even a difficult one.

STRAIGHTEN UP AND TAKE INSIDE SHOULDER!!!! Arghhhh!! This is basic basic stuff. How many games before we start doing this. When there is an overlap looming and you run towards someone's inside channel, one of two things can happen:

a) defender marking you sees your run and commits to you. This them provides you with the opportunity to pass or offload to North, Cuthbert or Halfpenny IN SPACE, where they are most lethal.

b) defender drifts and ends up marking the player outside you which gives you a gap to make a break yourself. Something Gavin Henson & James Hook are genius at but we also saw Jamie Roberts score this way against Italy.

We do have a great back three and it's a bonus that North and Cuthbert are massive, but they are not being used correctly, they are not receiving the ball in space and are virtually redundant at the moment.

We must also stop kicking possession away. Priestland is a good player but he lacks the confidence to take things head on at the moment. He doesn't trust his backline and he's trying to play Mr Safe. He needs to be dropped and rejuvenate his confidence with some good club performances before a Wales return. James Hook is a natural star, he's playing regular 10 very well in a cracking league. It's a no brainer.

Hook will start on Saturday along with Jonathan Davies. We need these guys to run some pretty patterns on Saturday. We needs to see intelligent lines being run and gaps exposed. We know these backs have delivered in the past so the potential is there.

THINGS THAT WORRY ME:

Adam Jones and Lydiate. These guys are freaks, if they were playing and Wales got ALL the basics right, it could be a close game. I just want to see everything done at a vastly higher tempo than last week. Mike Phillips ball still needs to be delivered quicker but he was the most vocal player who TRIED last week. I would rather see Phillips captain than Ryan Jones. I like Ryan Jones he's in great club form but when I see him I don't see aggression. We need more aggression. Jones is like a big friendly bear type character. I want to see the Mike Phillips Lions tour, the Mike Phillips vs Ireland 2012, vs Ireland and France world cup and England 2008. When the chips are down he's still fighting and raring to go.

I want to see this team vs New Zealand. Experienced lineup and a BIG kick up the backside could be for an entertaining match.

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Alex Cuthbert
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Jamie Roberts
11. George North
10. James Hook
9. Mike Phillips

8. Toby Faletau
7. Sam Warburton
6. Justin Tipuric
5. Luke Charteris
4. Bradley Davies
3. Paul James
2. Matthew Rees
1. Gethin Jenkins

I think we need a two pronged double openside attack of Warburton and Tipuric to deal with Dan Carter.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Wales will score tries against New Zealand. Empty Re: Wales will score tries against New Zealand.

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

Wales may well score tries against New Zealand.

To be honest with before the All Blacks v Scotland game. I never gave Scotland a chance of scoring a try at all against New Zealand.

So i guess any thing is possible.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Wales will score tries against New Zealand. Empty Re: Wales will score tries against New Zealand.

Post by RogerLewis Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:54 pm

I just hope Wales can get a defence organised. Best defence is get in their face and play the tempo they play.

2010 Wales conceded 5 tries. I was there it was embarrassing.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Mon 19 Nov 2012, 11:57 pm

Agree with your selection.

Were not playing smart rugby. North n cuth are class finishers and although they are big powerful players sending them head on against teams is pointless. You very really see players bulldoze through these days with defences being so strong.

We need to work thence into space! Toby is making slots lot of hard yards but we're making life hard for him. He's on the back foot under pressure n somehow gets some go forward.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down