The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

+24
aucklandlaurie
WELL-PAST-IT
doctor_grey
Wi11
mr-bryns-attitude
Rugby Fan
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
maestegmafia
Taylorman
Mr Bounce
stub
majesticimperialman
Pal Joey
Geordie
beshocked
quinsforever
Tiger/Chief
Higher_Ground
HammerofThunor
mckay1402
Barney McGrew did it
No 7&1/2
Biltong
kingelderfield
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England v's New Zealand score predictor

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap4%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap0%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap0%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap4%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap9%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap11%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap26%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 12 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap26%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 12 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap2%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_lcap13%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Empty England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by kingelderfield Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:31 am

This thread just concerns your score prediction (there is a seperate thread already running).

Have a punt, it won't cost you a penny!

I've mentioned my prediction elsewhere but am very keen to understand everyone else's thoughts?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Empty Re: England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by Biltong Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:40 am

Problem with this match is how to rate the English team, in a sense their second stringers did better in NZ than their first choice.

It could be a very close contest or it could be a comfortable win for someone.

I am comfortably sitting on the fence.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? Empty Re: England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:01 am

NZ by 10, the backline is a well running machine though i think our pack will want to prove something.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:42 am

I'd have said NZ by 10, but with ickle Kyle facing Sonny B I don't think you've posted an option with a big enough differential.

Looks like the dwarves have come back to haunt us.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:19 am

I voted NZ by 15 but I think it could be more.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:41 am

I'm basing my score on the predicted lineup as well, is it the normal 11am announcement?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:53 am

I think it'll be within 10. Might be a bit bigger, but any more would be very disappointing.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:08 am

I don't think England will win this game, but with the rest of their autumn games, and a six nations under their belt, they will be VERY dangerous by the time the World Cup comes around.
When there is so little between all of the top teams, mentality is everything, and England have shown time and again that they have the mental strength.
I'm pretty sure that the 9 games Wales have lost in a row against Australia have been by an average of 6
points, the majority of which have been by 2 or 3, which I think tells you a lot about the mental aspect of the game.
I've always said if we could combine our ability with England's mentality, we could win the World Cup.

New Zealand by 7 I think, but they will look relieved at the final whistle.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger/Chief Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

New Zealand by less than 7

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:39 am

NZ by 10. they've played 4 times in the last year. very rare that we have that many data points so close together.

and they are coming off the back of RC so team fluency should be good.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:50 am

Agree - NZ by 10.

NZ have the match fitness, England don't and certainly Farrell Jr doesn't.

Should be a competitive English pack but plenty for NZ to target in the backline.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm

I pray I am wrong, NZ by 25+

Injury and selection translates into another cobbled together backline. Our lack of cohesiveness will I imagine see us playing as individuals.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

Ive gone NZ by 15. But it could Easily be more.

I like Englands pack and I think they will at least have parity...could even be on top...but I just think the backs are what swings it totally in NZ's favour.

Its not that I don't rate Englands backs as individuals...I just think collectively the AB's are pretty special...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:36 pm

Yes, NZ should simply have too much for this England side both up front and in the backs. Even if some punters do think there will be parity in the packs (I don't) there is no comparison when it comes to effective distribution through the midfield and the ABs defensive mindset.

I went for NZ by 20 but have a feeling it could be by 25+ points if the machine kicks into its usual point scoring mode (after a strong start) and the desire is there to take their game to the highest level - which I think it will be.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:37 pm

I never thought that in 2012 England v New Zealand would end up by England putting t the biggest score on New Zealand.

This time i think NZ by 15+ points. Just because the NZ have played together this year. where has England have not.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:41 pm

The biggest score v the ABs was the 28-7 Wallabies win in 1999. It was a surreal experience in front of 107,000 spectators. I don't think a comparison can be made with this England side.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm

I think/hope it'll be close and have gone for NZ by 5 although like others I won't be surprised if it's a bigger margin for NZ. I think BB comments are very valid and sometimes less established England players have the knack of surprising. Perhaps there is less weight of expectation on them? Anyway, very much looking forward to this.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:The biggest score v the ABs was the 28-7 Wallabies win in 1999. It was a surreal experience in front of 107,000 spectators. I don't think a comparison can be made with this England side.

I meant the biggest score by an England team.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm

Got a funny feeling about this one. Tired ABs get a shocker but win by a few points.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:38 pm

Very good backline for NZ. The Cruden SBW connection from the Chiefs has been a long time in waiting. Having England first up has to be in NZ's favour and not sure our guys will be tired, most not playing the U.S.

Big statement will be needed here and I think that backline will provide it. Savea must be really looking forward to this with the backs he has inside to provide him good ball. Hopefully he'll be as busy as he was in the third test vs England where he got so much ball he couldnt handle it at times.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:55 pm

England have been very impressive against Nz in the last few years so I am expecting a confident performance by them.

But with the injuries hampering their selection and NZ just looking so slick you would have to agree that a 15 plus point win to Nz would be the logical presumed score difference.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:27 pm

England should walk it, we have been told only them and NewZealand are contenders for the up coming world cup,
we have been told home advantage is the most important thing in the universe.

They are building nicely "we have been told".
The play the most exciting brand of rugby "we have been told"
They have amazing strength in depth "we have been told"

Seriously i'm not being a wum England should walk this after all the hype they will prove all this praise was warranted.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

Laugh

that was just in relation to Wales

the gulf between NZ and England is the same as the gulf between England and Wales. (clue - NZ are the best)

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I never thought that in 2012 England v New Zealand would end up by England putting t the biggest score on New Zealand.

This time i think NZ by 15+ points. Just because the NZ have played together this year. where has England have not.
season not year.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:30 pm

quinsforever wrote:Laugh

that was just in relation to Wales

the gulf between NZ and England is the same as the gulf between England and Wales. (clue - NZ are the best)
Case and point see, England are amazing "we have been told" so as i said England the worlds largest and richest union will wipe the floor with the All Blacks this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm

in terms of money made from the game yes we will.

its going to be a great game whatever the outcome.

everyone loves playing at HQ. it's the best rugby venue in the world imo. least partisan (1/3 of the crowd will be from the SH) which is great for touring sides. and such a great atmosphere.

even if we lose (v likely) the england fans will love the spectacle.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:14 am

Did I hear right that there are 82,000 expected at this game? Is twickers that big?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:03 am

I wonder what the average score prediction would have been in 2012? I don't think many expected us to win but I suspect we weren't as pessimistic back then.

Perhaps that's because Lancaster's tenure still seemed fresh and we hadn't played New Zealand for two years. This time we'll be playing them for the fifth time in a twelve month period, having lost the previous four.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:04 am

81,999... if security excludes TobyBryant from getting into a "corporate box".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-bryns-attitude Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:25 am

TWICKENHAM
(ENGLAND)......82000
MILLENNIUM
(WALES)..........74500
MURRAYFIELD
(SCOTLAND)....67800
AVIVA
(IRELAND).......51700

bit of info.
the millennium stadium north stand is in fact part of the old national stadium,so only 2 tiers high,it will however have to be rebuilt eventually due to concrete cancer which will take the capacity close to 80000.
the stadium has a loyal employee who works for nothing 24/7.......a hawk called dad who keeps the ground free from seagulls and pigeons. (some say he's of more value than roger lewis) Smile

mr-bryns-attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:20 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:81,999... if security excludes TobyBryant from getting into a "corporate box".

It is probably a few less, you have to allow for a few more, GG, miteyironpaw, ............ Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:21 am

majesticimperialman wrote:I never thought that in 2012 England v New Zealand would end up by England putting t the biggest score on New Zealand.

Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:23 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:81,999... if security excludes TobyBryant from getting into a "corporate box".

Won't he be busy in the US of A?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:26 am

Interesting to see a few England votes, but no comments on it (I think).

NZ by five for me. I expect England to make a good fight of it and am excited to see Lance Corporal Semesa Rokoduguni in action. Hope he gets the opportunity to run a bit, as well as other players like Mike Brown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Nov 2014, 6:35 am

You're showing a bit of Army bias there, Rev. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 8:23 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Yes, NZ should simply have too much for this England side both up front and in the backs. Even if some punters do think there will be parity in the packs (I don't) there is no comparison when it comes to effective distribution through the midfield and the ABs defensive mindset.

I went for NZ by 20 but have a feeling it could be by 25+ points if the machine kicks into its usual point scoring mode (after a strong start) and the desire is there to take their game to the highest level - which I think it will be.

Disagree with the AB's having too much up front. I think we have a very good pack going out.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

I'm with Geordie - I think our forwards will be ok - either side could have a slight edge, but unlikely that NZ will dominate England up front - if anything I think the reverse is more likely.

The greatest certainty is that NZ will have a significant - and probably decisive - advantage in the backs.

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:47 pm

Aren't the ABs going to do the same as they did on the 3rd test - but with knobs on. Sonny B to trample Kyle, draw in BB to cover tackle; Sonny B with the off-load to expose our narrow defence, with our wingers to cover half the width of the pitch with some world-class flapping. Ok so Yarde & Ashton won't be there to flap I know - so who knows, so long as BB isn't pulled in all the time, maybe he and Roko can take out Savea (I don't think).
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:You're showing a bit of Army bias there, Rev. Smile

Army. Pah Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Nov 2014, 7:45 pm

Barney McGrew did it wrote:Aren't the ABs going to do the same as they did on the 3rd test - but with knobs on. Sonny B to trample Kyle, draw in BB to cover tackle; Sonny B with the off-load to expose our narrow defence, with our wingers to cover half the width of the pitch with some world-class flapping. Ok so Yarde & Ashton won't be there to flap I know - so who knows, so long as BB isn't pulled in all the time, maybe he and Roko can take out Savea (I don't think).
May is used to running side to side so should be able to cover the width of the pitch defensively. Of course he still needs to make the tackle once he gets to his guy.........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Barney McGrew did it wrote:Aren't the ABs going to do the same as they did on the 3rd test - but with knobs on. Sonny B to trample Kyle, draw in BB to cover tackle; Sonny B with the off-load to expose our narrow defence, with our wingers to cover half the width of the pitch with some world-class flapping. Ok so Yarde & Ashton won't be there to flap I know - so who knows, so long as BB isn't pulled in all the time, maybe he and Roko can take out Savea (I don't think).
May is used to running side to side so should be able to cover the width of the pitch defensively.  Of course he still needs to make the tackle once he gets to his guy.........

Alternatively, England will be pumped up to the hilt....the (apparently underrated)pack and Barritt will start smashing everything that moves. Then Attwood, Billy and hopefully Hartley at his absolute best will put in some almighty carries with the ball, with May and Roko running off their shoulders and creating holes for Eastmond to get his game going bringing the backs into play.

Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:05 pm

Underrated pack? That's a bit wishful Geordie Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
May is used to running side to side so should be able to cover the width of the pitch defensively.  Of course he still needs to make the tackle once he gets to his guy.........

Alternatively, England will be pumped up to the hilt....the (apparently underrated)pack and Barritt will start smashing everything that moves. Then Attwood, Billy and hopefully Hartley at his absolute best will put in some almighty carries with the ball, with May and Roko running off their shoulders and creating holes for Eastmond to get his game going bringing the backs into play.  

Very Happy
Laugh it's funny because he thinks it is true. Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

An old Chinese proverb once said,
If Hartley throws a long line out in the opposition 22 then Vunipola catches it burst through the defence passes it to Barritt whom chips it into the in goal area for Rokoduguni to touch it down, did England score a try? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

Very Happy

I am watching "Dave" now, some over weight slob in his vest with a fag in his mouth is being portrayed, reminds me of the odd wummy poster on here
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

Very Happy

I am watching "Dave" now, some over weight slob in his vest with a fag in his mouth is being portrayed, reminds me of the odd wummy poster on here
laughing thumbsup
If only eh!

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm

Oh.... and the word think isn't what comes to mind when I visualise him.

Having said that, I am generally an optimist and only some time deluded.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

That 2012 loss still rankles with fans and ABs. McCaw remembers every loss and he said he had a very bad summer that year. Imagine being grumpy in NZ during the summer. He does not want a repeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

In the rugby league test England will compete seriously, with their big fast centres bringing attacking opportunities on both sides of the field. but the Kiwis can out defend them and put points on the scoreboard during back end of the the 40 minute halves, New Zealand by 6.

Later on in the Rugby union test, I would be very disappointed if a far more experienced and smarter All black team cant put England away convincingly. New Zealand by 20 plus.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:In the rugby league test England will compete seriously, with  their big fast  centres bringing attacking opportunities on both sides of the field. but the Kiwis can out defend them and put points on the scoreboard during back end of the the 40 minute halves, New Zealand by 6.

Later on in the Rugby union test, I would be very disappointed if a far more experienced and smarter All black team cant put England away convincingly. New Zealand by 20 plus.

yep I'm with you Laurie, strong side fielded for this one.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next