The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

+24
aucklandlaurie
WELL-PAST-IT
doctor_grey
Wi11
mr-bryns-attitude
Rugby Fan
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
maestegmafia
Taylorman
Mr Bounce
stub
majesticimperialman
Pal Joey
Geordie
beshocked
quinsforever
Tiger/Chief
Higher_Ground
HammerofThunor
mckay1402
Barney McGrew did it
No 7&1/2
Biltong
kingelderfield
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

England v's New Zealand score predictor

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 12 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 12 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Empty England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by kingelderfield Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:31 am

First topic message reminder :

This thread just concerns your score prediction (there is a seperate thread already running).

Have a punt, it won't cost you a penny!

I've mentioned my prediction elsewhere but am very keen to understand everyone else's thoughts?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Empty Re: England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

Big call boys, have to admit.

Back to top Go down

England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction? - Page 2 Empty Re: England versus New Zealand; What's your score prediction?

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:37 pm

Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:In the rugby league test England will compete seriously, with  their big fast  centres bringing attacking opportunities on both sides of the field. but the Kiwis can out defend them and put points on the scoreboard during back end of the the 40 minute halves, New Zealand by 6.

Later on in the Rugby union test, I would be very disappointed if a far more experienced and smarter All black team cant put England away convincingly. New Zealand by 20 plus.

yep I'm with you Laurie, strong side fielded for this one.

Same here. NZ should win 47-22... or something like that. They will be ruthless as usual.

ebop, what are you worried about? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

England by 1

Fingers Crossed

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm

Famous last words LB. I think we should win, would be happy if it's by <14. My crystal ball says SBW will draw big attention and will play well. Our subs will kick on and one of them will score a try. We'll silence the crowd in the last 5. We'll only hear swing low once. The ABs will not have flu or upset bellies. 20+ is conceivable but that's if the ABs click, England don't waddle to set plays and the ref doesn't let the poms flop on the ball all day. Savea will score a try. Cruden will kick at 65%. The poms will not smile at the haka (kapo o pago).

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm

I think that this England side, although understrength due to injuries, is still a very good side. I fully expect the AB's to win but I don't see it being by much.

That said, if I was an English fan, I would have much preferred to see Ford or Cips start ahead of Farrell. Farrell just does not lead an attacking line as Ford or Cips and that could stifle any England momentum. That and the fact that he will get suckered into a petulant act as the AB's know how to rile him.

Eastmond is a good tackler but he will need some support when taking on SBW, not to tackle but to stop the offload.

I think its the AB's by 6 but a tough game.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 07 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

England by 3. Farrell keeping the scoreboard ticking over - crappy conditions and strong England pack disrupting All Blacks fluency.
Fingers Crossed
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Nov 2014, 12:32 am

So I was shot down for making an alternative suggestion to what some people are saying?

I've picked Nz to win, but remember 2012. England came out unexpectedly and smashed Nz repeatedly at high intensity.

I doubt it will happen but never say never.

Typical arrogant Kiwis who expect victory every game they play and are the most ungracious losers... More than the aussies.

Oh and please stop referring to us as Poms. Becoming a bit irritating.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 12:57 am

ouch, good luck for the game mate

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 08 Nov 2014, 4:40 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:So I was shot down for making an alternative suggestion to what some people are saying?

I've picked Nz to win, but remember 2012. England came out unexpectedly and smashed Nz repeatedly at high intensity.  

Typical arrogant Kiwis who expect victory every game they play and are the most ungracious losers... More than the aussies.  

Its not a case of assuming some form of highhandedness or pompousness, its more about being confident that this All black team can find ways to win by the time the last whistle is blown, but it is typical as its what we are coached when we are teenagers.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 08 Nov 2014, 9:12 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:In the rugby league test England will compete seriously, with  their big fast  centres bringing attacking opportunities on both sides of the field. but the Kiwis can out defend them and put points on the scoreboard during back end of the the 40 minute halves, New Zealand by 6.

Later on in the Rugby union test, I would be very disappointed if a far more experienced and smarter All black team cant put England away convincingly. New Zealand by 20 plus.

Final score in the League: New Zealand 16. England 14.

Got me thinking though, Why would England look to take a rugby League forward and try and make him into a centre, when there are two perfectly good centres in the English rugby League team?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:So I was shot down for making an alternative suggestion to what some people are saying?

Its not a case of assuming some form of highhandedness or pompousness, its more about being confident that this All black team can find ways to win by the time the last whistle is blown, but it is typical as its what we are coached when we are teenagers.

I totally accept that, Nz are the benchmark and as I said I fully expect you to win and quite comfortably at that. .

What got under my skin was the the way I was shot down for suggesting the slightest possibility that the other could happen which we have evidence of a couple of years ago.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:51 am

Who 'shot you down' Geordie? Just curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:56 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

I totally accept that, Nz are the benchmark and as I said I fully expect you to win and quite comfortably at that. .

What got under my skin was the the way I was shot down for suggesting the slightest possibility that the other could happen which we have evidence of a couple of years ago.

without Tuilagi I can't see a repeat but in all honesty I just can't see past that backline. Its right up there with the very best! Ever.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:27 am

Nachos Jones wrote:I think that this England side, although understrength due to injuries, is still a very good side. I fully expect the AB's to win but I don't see it being by much.

That said, if I was an English fan, I would have much preferred to see Ford or Cips start ahead of Farrell. Farrell just does not lead an attacking line as Ford or Cips and that could stifle any England momentum. That and the fact that he will get suckered into a petulant act as the AB's know how to rile him.

Eastmond is a good tackler but he will need some support when taking on SBW, not to tackle but to stop the offload.

I think its the AB's by 6 but a tough game.
Good assessment, mate. Frankly, I am wondering if Barritt will switch to inside when NZ have the ball. Would make some sense. My concern about farrell at the moment is whether he has enough game time to step into the pivot against the ABs.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 08 Nov 2014, 2:12 pm

We (England) need Farrell to have a big game today. To me we have seen snatches of some really good play but too often it doesn't seem consistent. Somebody else mentioned his temperament perhaps being a weakness and I know we have witnessed some immature reactions from him in the past - I hope he can put that behind him.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 08 Nov 2014, 5:06 pm

Well this might sxplain why i cannot win the lottery. I predicted NZ by 15+ points, AND THE WON BY 3 POINTS.

Still what a great game it was today. But if England are going to win the RWC NEXT YEAR, then they do have play better in the second half of the game. Nice too see the new/ untried lads coming good today.

Plenty of work to do before next week's game. Never mind next year.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat 08 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Well this might sxplain why i cannot win the lottery. I predicted NZ by 15+ points, AND THE WON BY 3 POINTS.

Still what a great game it was today. But if England are going to win the RWC NEXT YEAR, then they do have play better in the second half of the game. Nice too see the new/ untried lads coming good today.

England are not going to win the world cup next year, change the bloody record!
you sound like Matt Dawson,it is quite frankly pathetic calming moral. You learn nothing from a loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

Why couldn't we?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 08 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:Well this might sxplain why i cannot win the lottery. I predicted NZ by 15+ points, AND THE WON BY 3 POINTS.

you sound like Matt Dawson,it is quite frankly pathetic calming moral. You learn nothing from a loss.

I never said that England was going to win the RWC. What i was saying is that if, a BIG IF, England are going to win the RWC then they will haVE PLAY A LOT, LOT BETTER than today.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:53 pm

It's hard to get your points sometimes Madge, when YOU SWITCH from upper to LOWER case for no reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 09 Nov 2014, 12:11 am

I dunno, as an old teacher of mine used to say, the man who never made any mistakes never made anything.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun 09 Nov 2014, 1:28 am

lostinwales wrote:

I dunno, as an old teacher of mine used to say, the man who never made any mistakes never made anything.
I get your sentiment but look at Wales 10 in row v Aus! clearly learning nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2