The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match!

+3
Biltong
KP_fan
gboycottnut
7 posters

Go down

Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match! Empty Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match!

Post by gboycottnut Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

What does everyone make of the apparent spat/war of words between Sir Ian Botham and Stuart Broad played at the Twitter social media ground?. Whose side are you on?, Are you on the side of the greatest English all-rounder and now Sky Sports TV Pundit Sir Ian Botham or are you on the side of the wannabe England all-rounder Mr Stuart Broad?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match! Empty Re: Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match!

Post by KP_fan Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

I only know Flower is conspicous by his absence
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match! Empty Re: Botham V Broad Sideshow Test Match!

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

Well I don't like Broad much, so I will have to side with Sir Ian Botham.

......errr, what is it about? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

Earlier this year Kevin Pietersen was fined by England for criticising Nick Knight, a Sky commentator, on Twitter but Broad is unlikely to face disciplinary action. ...and Flower remains conspicous by his absence
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm

Every time Broad is criticised, he roars back in style. Remember India being destroyed single-handedly by Broad in the 2nd Test last year? That might just be what Beefy is doing.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

Biltong wrote:Well I don't like Broad much, so I will have to side with Sir Ian Botham.

......errr, what is it about? Whistle

Well Broad wrote something on Twitter in effect telling ex-players such as Sir Ian to keep his nose out of his current performance with a question also about what Sir Ian has achieved himself V India, to which the great Sir Ian wrote something back on Twitter saying that he has a fairly decent average in both batting and bowling V India. Stuart Broad then replied on Twitter stating that he has always admired Sir Ian.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

If Broad could he would probably have been pouting when he challenged Botham's performance in India.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

Can't understand Broad...I expected him to "tweet" in the cliche language he talks in all time......

Surely...

"Old experts who were always behind the eight ball and didn't hit their marks in India, and needed to go back to the drawing board"

would be more like it!!!

You're slipping Broady!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm

SIBs test record in India:
Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St
7 554 1412 61.55 2 30 7/48 25.53 3 3 0

*facepalm*

Cricinfo should use Broad in their next advertising campaign to promote statsguru

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:26 am

that in bold is what creates feeling of dsicrimination in the dressing room.

Broad can have an spats and get away.

KP gets fined for twittering against Nick Knight

England coach Andy Flower has defended Stuart Broad after his Twitter 'spat' with Sky Sports pundit Sir Ian Botham.

Broad did not name Botham in his tweets which hit out at media criticism of England's performance in the first Test defeat to India in Ahmedabad.

He was aghast too in a later 'tweet' that his remarks were being perceived directly addressing the former England captain.

"... before u listen to too many ex-playing 'experts' being negative, ask them if they ever won a Test in India," Broad's feed read.

Botham did just that thanks to his own heroics in the Jubilee Test of 1980 in Mumbai.

When his initial tweet was interpreted as criticism of Botham, Broad wrote: "Spat with @BeefyBotham?? What spat? Love Beefy, best bowler England have ever had, then add his batting. Twitter is funny at times!"

Flower does not consider Broad's comments as significant but he says players must use caution when using social media platforms.

Flower said: "I don't think what he said was a big problem. Look, I've had a word with him about it already.

"You have to be very careful what you say on Twitter. With so many athletes using Twitter as often as they do and the journalists watching very closely what is said I think it's quite easy to write stories about some of the comments that are made.

"It's inevitable. We have to educate our players on doing it the right way. I think in the main our guys are pretty good. I don't think [this episode] is a big thing."
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

On the flip side Beefys record as an armchair selector is hardly great, he spent years banging on about Owais "cant hold a bat" Shah.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:22 am

When will sports people and famous people in general learn to think before they tweet? They must surely see the scandals created in the past, but they don't seem to engage their brain.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down