The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with former WWF star....

5 posters

Go down

Interview with former WWF star.... Empty Interview with former WWF star....

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:15 am

http://v2journal.com/interview-with-joe-e-legend.html

Quite often there is a wrestler in the business who flies under the radar of being accepted as a mainstream name. However, this week, Gavin and I had the privilege of talking to someone who should be remembered for his career in and out of the ring.

To many mainstream fans, the name Joe E Legend may not mean very much. But one look at his career will tell you that Joe is not just another wrestler who should be forgotten. This is a guy who not only has worked in all the major promotions but also someone who is responsible for training some of the biggest names yet to come.

This Monday, Gavin and I had the pleasure of speaking to Joe who had just returned from a 3 day trip to the UK where he not only wrestled two shows but also put on a wrestling academy.

For those of you who might think they recognise Joe, let me give you a quick reminder of what the man has achieved.

Starting off on the Canadian indie scene, Joe very quickly learnt his in ring skills under the coaching of Ron Hutchinson and Tiger Singh. Joe quickly rose through the ranks and from there started to help train ,tag and feud with the likes of Edge, Christian and Rhino.

Although well travelled through his wrestling, Joes biggest TV break came with the WWF with the character of Just Joe (see the youtube clip below). Although (and by his own admission) an awful character, Joe did get a lot of air time and was involved (albeit on the fringes) of some of the biggest storylines at the time.

Joe also wrestled for TNA briefly and held the tag titles for the promotions for a short time, something that was to be repeated by his students the Motor City Machine Guns a few years later.

Joe has continued to work in the ring and help train others to this day, and having had the pleasure of the best art of an hour, it becomes apparent that he still loves the business, even though he has ever really had the breaks he most probably deserved. Just watch the second video clip below and you will see the talent the guy was never able to show off in the WWF.

The interview was a fascinating insight into the world of professional wrestling from someone who has been there and continues to do it. During the interview, Joe talks about his early days in the business, about his time with WWF/ TNA and the booking crazyness of the time, before finishing off with his views on the talent in the industry today.

I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I enjoyed taking part in it and should you have any questions that you would like us to send to Joe, or have any comments for us, please contact the team at wrestling@v2journal.com

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Interview with former WWF star.... Empty Re: Interview with former WWF star....

Post by VDT Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:39 am

His career highlight must surely be ITV's Celebrity Wrestling, with D'Lo Brown!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

Don't worry, celebrity wrestling does come up! He spoke very astutely about what went wrong and why.

It's a really good interview, he's a great storyteller, so much so that I spent the vast majority of the interview just sitting back and listening to him chat away about his experiences.

Kudos to Adam for bagging the interview. He spends many hours trawling LinkedIn and pestering unwitting wrestlers to make this a reality. You lot don't know how lucky you are!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:04 am

Joe Lives in Germany now and makes several trips to the UK throughout the year, quite often for all star wrestling and the odd show for other promotions up and down the country

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

I agree Celebrity Wrestling sucked, think I watched the 3, Joe and D'lo were the only entertaining thing about the show!

43 with Twin 4 year old, must be brutal Ha!

Love interviews when the Wrestler are themselves!

Keep someone dying from the man flu very entertained for an hour, recommend you all download it!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:56 pm

I've just listened to this, an excellent interview! Our was really interesting to listen to how How've career went and his honesty when taking about WWE in particular was brilliant. More like this please.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down